PDA

View Full Version : Wigan Bike Dealer

vtwinner
10-12-04, 08:52 PM
has anybody had any dealings with this company in Wigan, I am looking at changing the bike in January and they have a couple of machines that I'm interested in, comments good, bad indifferent would be appreciated, gonna go up tomorrow.

KJM Superbike
2A Too Good Lane
Wrightington
Wigan
WN6 9PL

Cheers Paul

BURNER
10-12-04, 09:20 PM
Whatcha gonna buy?

vtwinner
11-12-04, 08:14 AM
One of two

04 GSXR 600 or 04 R6

BURNER
11-12-04, 05:58 PM
Buy the Suzuki, the R6 has a typical Yamaha gearbox. Not as agricultural as a BMW but clunky none the less.

vtwinner
11-12-04, 07:08 PM
Buy the Suzuki, the R6 has a typical Yamaha gearbox. Not as agricultural as a BMW but clunky none the less.

The Suzuki also seems to fit my frame better, seems to be loads of room on there, there's a lot of 04 stock out there going cheap, I know this will affect trade in values but it does seem to be a good time of year if you'vr got the wonga.

BURNER
11-12-04, 07:12 PM
A good time to buy from what the bloke sed in this month's BiKE.

vtwinner
11-12-04, 07:15 PM
Holding out now until early jan for an 04 GSXR600 for £5000, that'll do nicely

BURNER
11-12-04, 07:21 PM
An excellent price!!

vtwinner
11-12-04, 07:27 PM
You can pick a parallel up for £5399 without haggling, see what the January sales bring, just fancy a change from the SV to summat a little meatier, will be doing a lot of touring next year with mates running Gixers and Kwakkas find the SV a little breathless keeping up.

KJM did have a brand new 749S for £6999 that did look tasty, out of budget though

zx6man
12-12-04, 09:45 AM
KJM are mainly imports as well.

Ratty
12-12-04, 02:54 PM
Just been and had a look in this shop (when I actually found it!!!). I was more impressed with the 999, complete with Ohlins front and rear for £7999 OTR. Thats a good price.

Ratty

BURNER
12-12-04, 02:59 PM
You giving your better half christmas ideas again Ratty?

I fancy the 999 myself but without a garage it'd gone soon as the local chavs remove my ground anchors...

Ratty
12-12-04, 03:01 PM
I don't think she will fall for that one again, but I have made a bigger space around the SV. No doubt she will stick a chest freezer in it this year.

Ratty

ophic
12-12-04, 04:51 PM
One of two

04 GSXR 600 or 04 R6

looks like u'll have to change your nickname... :roll:

vtwinner
12-12-04, 09:20 PM
One of two

04 GSXR 600 or 04 R6

looks like u'll have to change your nickname... :roll:

Yeah but then again there were some mighty fine Dukes in there

vtwinner
12-12-04, 09:26 PM

I know debate rages about imports, suppose they're all imports when it comes down to it, I can't really see any real problems with buying a parallel, I'd wanna keep it for at least 3 years so hopefully any resale difference would only be small, electric speedos can easily be set for mph and you still get the manufacturers warranty.

If there are any pitfalls to be aware of in buying a parallel I'd be interested to know.

vtwinner
12-12-04, 09:33 PM
Just been and had a look in this shop (when I actually found it!!!). I was more impressed with the 999, complete with Ohlins front and rear for £7999 OTR. Thats a good price.

Ratty

Did you spot the 900 Sport dark at £4199, now that is cheap, took me a while to find, don't suppose they get much passing trade

zx6man
13-12-04, 09:06 AM

I know debate rages about imports, suppose they're all imports when it comes down to it, I can't really see any real problems with buying a parallel, I'd wanna keep it for at least 3 years so hopefully any resale difference would only be small, electric speedos can easily be set for mph and you still get the manufacturers warranty.

If there are any pitfalls to be aware of in buying a parallel I'd be interested to know.

Sure, was just making sure you knew really, some people dont realise. You normally just get the KJM warranty, think the dark area is the manufacturers warranty....mate bought a fazer and had difficulty with a exhaust replacement under warranty. I think he got his from TAZ, which are import bikes.

vtwinner
13-12-04, 09:11 AM
Yeah, It's a good point, I had to ask the question don't think that they would had volunteered the info if I had'nt asked.

Mentioned it to the wife last night, without a word of a lie she was on the phone to one of her mates later who asked if it could be converted from left hand drive !!!!!

zx6man
13-12-04, 09:15 AM
Yeah, It's a good point, I had to ask the question don't think that they would had volunteered the info if I had'nt asked.

Mentioned it to the wife last night, without a word of a lie she was on the phone to one of her mates later who asked if it could be converted from left hand drive !!!!!

But 4 grand for a new monster....almost a cheap run around!!!

mudge32
13-12-04, 08:01 PM
Force them to change the headlights before you agree to buy!! Believe me I know and it cost me a small fortune :wink:
They're great for servicing, if you can be bothered with the distance :)

vtwinner
13-12-04, 08:14 PM
Force them to change the headlights before you agree to buy!! Believe me I know and it cost me a small fortune :wink:
They're great for servicing, if you can be bothered with the distance :)

Cheers for that, have you bought from them before ?

mudge32
13-12-04, 08:21 PM
Yep 'tis where I got mine from. Trouble is the saleman I bought it from is a "friend", and keep giving me damn excuses why they couldn't change the lights!!
After he left them, he laughingly told me, they could have! Git!!

Cloggsy
14-12-04, 09:04 AM
Yep 'tis where I got mine from. Trouble is the saleman I bought it from is a "friend", and keep giving me damn excuses why they couldn't change the lights!!

:shock: Good mate then :?: :roll:

mudge32
14-12-04, 09:48 AM
Nobody's a mate when it comes to commissions!! :evil:

vtwinner
14-12-04, 10:41 PM

Cheers for that, should be in a position to buy mid-end January, just finishing the final rounds of negotiations with the Chancellor ( err in doors )