PDA

View Full Version : Front Wheel stands

cosmiccharlie
11-12-04, 12:06 PM
I have a Abba stand for the rear wheel , but was thinking of getting a front wheel stand for small jobs suspension and changing tyres etc,

Has anyone got any preferences or are they basically all the same,

Muttley
11-12-04, 01:45 PM
I'm no expert on the subject, but most front stands are the same.

If you already have an Abba Superbike Stand then maybe you should have a look at one of these. http://www.abbastands.co.uk/products.htm#frontlift

jonboy
11-12-04, 02:33 PM
I have a Abba stand for the rear wheel , but was thinking of getting a front wheel stand for small jobs suspension and changing tyres etc

Great for changing the front wheel etc but no good for the suspension as the forks need to be uncompressed to do this which they won't be if they're held up by a front stand.

BURNER
12-12-04, 02:46 PM
Look around for the Micron front stand, it'll hook under your steering stem and allow you to do all the work needed on the front including removing forks. I think M and P flog them, but if you can wait good deals can be had at bike shows.

Iansv
12-12-04, 04:20 PM
I'd go for the abba front lift for the reasons jonboy mentioned, got one on my shopping list

wheelnut
12-12-04, 05:20 PM
If you get the micron, it iis like buyinhg two stands, the micron rear stand is part of a micron front stand in 2 pieces.

There are 3 types of front stand.

One fits into the front stem
While another fits into the frame like an Abba or a cheapy one will fit under the front forks. but not very stable

Addenuf
19-01-05, 09:57 PM
Hi,
I've got ABBA front and rear stands and consider them to be brilliant. Simple design, well made, well finished and work as advertised. Excellent.
Can't say any more, except that initially I balked at spending the money till I looked at the alternatives at the NEC.... then went to the ABBA stand... sorry if anyone on this site came into contact with them but after carrying it around for a couple of hours I think I could tell the difference between a shin and a calf...!
Cheers
DP

sexysi
20-01-05, 01:11 PM
Abba stand to lift the back, trolley jack under the engine to lift the front, sorted. Failing that just use the abba stand and get someone like Vinyl to sit on the back, the bike then tilts perfffffectly.
:lol: sexysi

Grinch
20-01-05, 01:30 PM
I have the Abba front lifter myself.... though if I'd had a trolly jack then I wouldn't have bought it. But it seems to work just fine.