PDA

View Full Version : Question for the guys who were on the last rideout I was on

Ping
12-12-04, 10:29 PM
Hi guys... I think my brain's turning to mush 'cuz I need you to help me solve a mystery.

While we were all at the Witham services about a month ago, some of you looked my bike over (Black old shape sv with belly pan. Skull'n'crossbones stickers, flaking tank protectors)... Did you notice the triangular bits of side fairing (under the seat) missing? U know the bits that cover the seat bolts...

I'm asking 'cuz I've not been out on my bike since then, I had covered and locked it up. .. but when I went out to get him ready for a ride yesterday, I found the bits missing AND the seat bolts removed (which I then found in my porch)

I know the only logical explanation that I went out without them on that day we met up, but something's telling me I wouldn't/couldn't have done that... :?

I'm VERY confused.

Bones2004
12-12-04, 10:35 PM
Sorry Ping, didn't notice, but it sounds like you rode it like that after trying to change your seat recently. :oops:

Ping
12-12-04, 10:59 PM
AH!! That's shed some light on an otherwise confused Ping... cheers for that. Now I know at least it wasn't me that took the thing off and didn't remember... Stupot was the one who was messing with my new seat... I'd forgotten about that..

Still pretty bloody odd that I wouldn't have noticed that tho...:?

Cheers dude.
:)

ArtyLady
13-12-04, 12:09 AM
AH!! That's shed some light on an otherwise confused Ping... cheers for that. Now I know at least it wasn't me that took the thing off and didn't remember... Stupot was the one who was messing with my new seat... I'd forgotten about that..

Id forgotten that as well - there we were both sitting scratching our heads today - I dont know - memories like sieves :roll: #-o

Brass monkeys on the way home from yours today - you didnt miss anything out there :riding: :(

Iansv
13-12-04, 08:47 AM
oooops, your not the first one to do it tho :lol:

*myself not included*

Ping
13-12-04, 11:37 AM
Id forgotten that as well - there we were both sitting scratching our heads today - I dont know - memories like sieves :roll: #-o

Brass monkeys on the way home from yours today - you didnt miss anything out there :riding: :(
:lol:
I think it's stress that degrades braincells...

Was very kind of u to pop over despite the cold. Cheers! :D and I was SO ready for it this time... stupid battery... :?

:)

Ian - :lol: I've gone and lost one of the bits of fairing as a result... one side would never come all the way off so it must've been hanging off when I left... :? I SO can't BELIEVE I did it...

Dicky Ticker
13-12-04, 08:37 PM
Ping As we have so many off,s lately it might be worth sticking a post up
What have I said??????Requesting the bits you need

The only woman I know with ear plugs to match her hair WWHHAAAAT

aND Its mE wHo IS THe DoodDERY OLd Gitt whAT fORgitS fINGs :lol:

Iansv
13-12-04, 10:09 PM
we're still behind soho and kent for off's..... think we're ahead of the other groups tho :shock:

Ping
14-12-04, 09:09 AM
Ping As we have so many off,s lately it might be worth sticking a post up
What have I said??????Requesting the bits you need

The only woman I know with ear plugs to match her hair WWHHAAAAT

aND Its mE wHo IS THe DoodDERY OLd Gitt whAT fORgitS fINGs :lol:
One simply MUST accessorise, DAHLING.... :lol:

I'm going to have another look round the house on the weekend as hopefully the other 'arf should be putting his fazer back together... any bits left lying around COULD be off MY bike... :lol:

K
14-12-04, 09:19 AM
Oh god, why's he taken it to bits this time?

(Or has he still not put it back together from when I was down?!)

I have visions of it being next winter before you two, myself and Nick ALL have working bikes at the same time, in the same place! :roll: :lol:

Ping
14-12-04, 11:39 AM
Oh god, why's he taken it to bits this time?

(Or has he still not put it back together from when I was down?!)

I have visions of it being next winter before you two, myself and Nick ALL have working bikes at the same time, in the same place! :roll: :lol:
Nah, still in pieces from last time. :?
:lol:
How's ur bike look with ur new bits? Got any pics yet???? :D

K
14-12-04, 01:20 PM
Looking nice, though I'm beginning to think I have a Carbon fetish!

After the comments/pics on here I've got a Fabbri screen coming next week - but my carbon rear end is likely to take a month. :cry:

I'll take some pics if the weather improves (ie the sun actually comes out!) but you'll just have to excuse his fat bum.

I'm kinda twitching and killing time here now until my job interview at 4.30!

Ping
14-12-04, 02:23 PM
Looking nice, though I'm beginning to think I have a Carbon fetish!

After the comments/pics on here I've got a Fabbri screen coming next week - but my carbon rear end is likely to take a month. :cry:

I'll take some pics if the weather improves (ie the sun actually comes out!) but you'll just have to excuse his fat bum.

I'm kinda twitching and killing time here now until my job interview at 4.30!

Oh yeah! good luck! :D
Oops, that was me... :D

Dicky Ticker
14-12-04, 06:01 PM
Ian Its sad when you have time to sit and compile tables of who has
had the most "Offs"

Get back on your orse and ride like the wind

ArtyLady
14-12-04, 06:37 PM
Get back on your orse and ride like the wind
just dont get bucked off :wink:

Dicky Ticker
14-12-04, 08:35 PM
Never had that problem with my horse Then again it had 4 wheels this one,s only got two Maybe if I fit "stable-- izers"

N,er mind aye We will be back 4 the w/end brand new :lol: