PDA

View Full Version : Pennine Massive Xmas Doo

vtwinner
16-12-04, 08:40 AM
Does anybody wanna meet for a Xmas booze up in Manchester before, during or after the festive period.

Bring the in-laws the out-laws or err in doors.

Surely if the Soho lot can manage it down Saaarf we can generate enough interest, can we

Paul

Tara
16-12-04, 08:52 AM
a couple of us have already mentioned this on email - i'd be up for it :roll: Think M65 might be too

Amanda M
16-12-04, 09:04 AM
Why not :D

vtwinner
16-12-04, 09:08 AM
Thought the Comedy Club might be a good venue, then again as long as there's beer on tap I ain't really arsed.

Tara
16-12-04, 09:21 AM
Some of us will need directions and nearest train station etc. and we need a date and time too

timwilky
16-12-04, 09:28 AM
Must be about 6 months since we last did it so why not.

good time of year as too cold to drink outside :)

timwilky
16-12-04, 09:29 AM
Some of us will need directions and nearest train station etc. and we need a date and time too

won't you be comming on your new sv. Sorry Steves old one

Tara
16-12-04, 09:36 AM

won't you be comming on your new sv. Sorry Steves old one
nah i'll be drinking not driving

M65
16-12-04, 12:26 PM
This sounds like a good night. Count me in! Where and when?

Tara
16-12-04, 02:04 PM
Kinesin will prob come too

M65
16-12-04, 04:50 PM
Sure he can take the pace?

Tara
16-12-04, 04:51 PM
No idea but i'll bet he'll give it ago

M65
16-12-04, 04:52 PM
He needs to do the tequila test :twisted:

vtwinner
16-12-04, 05:18 PM

No problem, I'll sort all that, the date, dunno upto everybody I suppose, how about one of the nights wc 27th December, Xmas and boxing day are out of the way only New Year to look forward to Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu I'll need to check with the Comedy Club as to what they've got on suppose we could poll the best date now.

Paul

Cloggsy
16-12-04, 05:23 PM
I'd love to come, but Manc'chester is a bit far (without digs) - Besides, the mother-in-law is up here for Christmas :roll:

I'll keep you posted as to whether I can make it... It'd be great fun I'm sure :wink:

kinesin
16-12-04, 08:21 PM
I'll do the tequila test :twisted:

kinesin
16-12-04, 08:22 PM
W/C 27th December is good for me any night

M65
17-12-04, 08:16 AM
I'll do the tequila test :twisted:

Ding dong, game on!! :twisted:

Tara
17-12-04, 03:14 PM
OK then Which day/night?

vtwinner
17-12-04, 04:18 PM
think we've got it down to the Monday or Tuesday night, you'll all have to check your packed social calendars.

Meeting point probably on Deansgate Locks by The Fat Cat, Revolution.

If we can get down to a definite date then I can start sending out directions etc.

Paul

M65
17-12-04, 04:53 PM
Think either night is good for me. Once details are confirmed let us know and let the drinking commence!

Tara
17-12-04, 05:00 PM
Ok then lets got for Monday 27 December please can i get directions so i can book a hotel nearby

vtwinner
17-12-04, 07:39 PM
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=383506&y=397570&z=0&sv=M1+5LH&st=2&pc=M1+5LH&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

This is the location of The Fat Cat, Revolution Vodka Bars detailing metro/train stations.

27th it is then,

Travel Inn City Centre Portland Street, Manchester 0870.238.3315

Premier Lodge Manchester G-Mex 0870.700.1476

Castlefield Hotel Castlefield, Manchester 0161.832.7073

Castlefield Hotel is also known as the Y Club, get Gym, Pool etc, don't think the room rates are that bad either, the other hotels are all within minutes walk of the bars.

Paul

vtwinner
17-12-04, 07:45 PM
Think either night is good for me. Once details are confirmed let us know and let the drinking commence!

It's a tough job but somebodys gotta do it

Ding Dong

M65
20-12-04, 07:59 AM

Ding Dong

I couldnt have everyone else doing all these tough jobs, it just wouldnt be right!!

vtwinner
20-12-04, 08:18 AM

Ding Dong

I couldnt have everyone else doing all these tough jobs, it just wouldnt be right!!

You might have to I'm considering never drinking again, made a complete t**t of myself ( feel free to quote ) on Saturday night, there again once I get over the guilt complex might give it another go, would be rude not to.

M65
20-12-04, 08:26 AM

Ding Dong

You might have to I'm considering never drinking again, made a complete t**t of myself ( feel free to quote ) on Saturday night, there again once I get over the guilt complex might give it another go, would be rude not to.

Ive heard the old "Im not drinking again" routine soooooo many times before and I never EVER believe it! See you on Monday!

Amanda M
20-12-04, 10:00 AM
Ooooo, a night out. Can I come along too?

M65
20-12-04, 10:24 AM
Ooooo, a night out. Can I come along too?

No. Oh go on then, seeing as its you!! :wink: :lol:

timwilky
20-12-04, 10:40 AM
I don't know if I am allowed. Went out on Saturday, I was the driver so very good. one pint of kingfisher at the Indian and coke in pub. Took everyone back home and then went to friends house for drinkies. Whiskys up to the brim of the tumbler. fortuneately daughter picked me up from there. Boy was I monged. Yesterday was a compete write off. but for some reason no headache just sozzled all day

Tara
20-12-04, 11:10 AM
Come on Tim - it wouldn't be the same without you

anyone else fancy a night out?

timwilky
20-12-04, 11:17 AM
up for it, just need a pass from the domestic purchasing manager

Tara
20-12-04, 11:17 AM
up for it, just need a pass from the domestic purchasing manager
bring her with you

vtwinner
20-12-04, 11:21 AM
As its t' season of good will to all men and you laydeeeez out there, if anybody wants to come who may struggle with transport or getting lost etc, I don't mind doing a trip in the car to pick people up, that applies to bods who are coming anyway and you could put what you save towards your hotel.

Can get five in the car inc me, I'll be leaving the car in town, Mrs V can drop me of in the morning to collect it.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Tara
20-12-04, 11:31 AM
Thanks for that - Kinesin and I will prob be coming from a different direction to everyone else so i'll let you know later when i speak to him

Amanda M
22-12-04, 09:15 AM
I won't be able to get on the forum after today cos my PC at home has broken. What sort of time will you all be thinking of meeting up? I'm not sure if I'm definately coming along yet but I hopefully will be :D

vtwinner
22-12-04, 09:30 AM
I won't be able to get on the forum after today cos my PC at home has broken. What sort of time will you all be thinking of meeting up? I'm not sure if I'm definately coming along yet but I hopefully will be :D

Think you read my mind there :shock: at the moment I don't know who is coming and who is not, if there are only three or four people who have expressed an interest in going you only need a couple to drop out and you've got Billy No Mates at the bar.

If we can get a round up at the end of today, if it looks promising on the numbers front then we can exchange tel numbers etc and firm up a meeting point.

Paul

Amanda M
22-12-04, 09:35 AM

Think you read my mind there :shock: at the moment I don't know who is coming and who is not, if there are only three or four people who have expressed an interest in going you only need a couple to drop out and you've got Billy No Mates at the bar.

If we can get a round up at the end of today, if it looks promising on the numbers front then we can exchange tel numbers etc and firm up a meeting point.

Paul

Sounds good to me :D

Tara
22-12-04, 09:58 AM
I'm def coming

what about mid afternoon Mark, Amanda and Steve all have my number

vtwinner
22-12-04, 10:02 AM
I'm def coming

Suppose the urge to un-mask Mr V must be irresitable :lol: :lol:

Have to say I'm much better looking than I sound :wink:

Amanda M
22-12-04, 10:06 AM
I'm def coming

I look nothing like my avatar either :lol:

vtwinner
22-12-04, 10:08 AM
I'm def coming

Thats it I'm not coming then :lol:

I'm a bit of a cross between Harrison Ford and Tom Cruise

Two Heads and Four Legs :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amanda M
22-12-04, 10:19 AM
I'm def coming

Thats it I'm not coming then :lol:

I'm a bit of a cross between Harrison Ford and Tom Cruise

Two Heads and Four Legs :lol: :lol: :lol:

I could always do the pigtails thing so I look more like my picture :lol:

vtwinner
22-12-04, 10:20 AM
[

Think you should pull that tape worm out of your ass first :lol: :lol:

Amanda M
22-12-04, 10:43 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amanda M
22-12-04, 11:55 AM
I'm off home now so when it's been decided can someone let me know where and when?

Ta.

M65
22-12-04, 01:01 PM
Same here - where, when and whats the dress code?

Iansv
22-12-04, 01:07 PM
old trafford pitch, Nude :twisted:

M65
22-12-04, 01:07 PM

You wont catch me anywhere near Old Trafford mate

Tara
22-12-04, 01:37 PM
I'll check on Monday morning andlet everyone know - dunno about dress code tho. i'll be in jeans and boots and some sort of top

Ratty
22-12-04, 11:15 PM
I want to play but I've got outlaws due on Monday :( . Might manage a Flypast (for a shandy) on the SV with the brother-in-law if i know where your at!

Ratty

splke
23-12-04, 09:34 AM

You wont catch me anywhere near Old Trafford mate

unless you need a p155 eh mark ?
:P

Tara
23-12-04, 10:39 AM
Right then

I suggest we meet between 3-4

but
Where? :?

Tara
23-12-04, 12:18 PM
Just thought as well Monday 27 is a bank holiday so it will be early closing

vtwinner
23-12-04, 02:11 PM
Right then

I suggest we meet between 3-4

but
Where? :?

Anywhere on Deansgate Locks, loads of bars on the strip there all next to each other

Between 3 and 4's good for me, wanna see u all in the daylight first :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tara
23-12-04, 03:59 PM
Well pick one and let us know so i can let Amanda and Mark know

vtwinner
23-12-04, 05:13 PM
Well pick one and let us know so i can let Amanda and Mark know

Fat Cat Cafe Bar, 3.00pm - 4.00pm I'll send a pm to ya ref numbers etc

Paul

Tara
23-12-04, 08:04 PM
Cool i'll let the other know by mobile - looking forward to meeting you see you then

harrisman
24-12-04, 08:35 PM
Right count me in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i should still b in manchester! at my mates house! so if i am in any state to come up then i will do so!!!!!! u wont b able to miss me! in my CRESCENT rizla jacket so if anybody sees me shout me over cos i havent seen peeps in ages. so prob wont recognize anyone!!!!!!! or even better somebody pm me a number!!!! see ya's soon

Dave20046
13-10-10, 07:44 PM
Mate that post is 6 year old! check the more recent 'christmas markets' one.

timwilky
13-10-10, 07:55 PM
Mate that post is 6 year old! check the more recent 'christmas markets' one.
why you dig up this old thread?

Burke and Hare would have gone for something a bit fresher

scorpiotoo2000
13-10-10, 07:57 PM
why you dig up this old thread?

Burke and Hare would have gone for something a bit fresher

Just never saw the date on it.