PDA

View Full Version : QUEEN REFORMING ----FAB OR BORING

pegasus
17-12-04, 12:39 PM
Really excited bout the news that queen have decided to do some new stuff...does everyone agree or am i sad?

Scoobs
17-12-04, 12:41 PM
Don't bother unless they are going to resurrect Freddie from the grave!

Philbo
17-12-04, 12:43 PM
Not a fan, but it might be interesting if Bertie was the new front man! Bertie!

keithd
17-12-04, 12:44 PM
i'm with scoobs on this one

ps - seen the video by electric 6 covering radio gaa gaa? excellent!!

Bud
17-12-04, 12:45 PM
Don't bother unless they are going to resurrect Freddie from the grave!

:stupid:

Sudoxe
17-12-04, 01:26 PM
It'll be good to see Brian playing. Deffo try to get tickets when its announced.

Dan

M65
17-12-04, 01:58 PM

Quality video

Nutkins
17-12-04, 03:39 PM
The problem is that Freddie Mercury wasn't just a member of Queen, he was Queen.

Wiltshire7
17-12-04, 04:38 PM
Exactly. Without him it's not the same.

doesnt have to be the same to be good. ill look forward to it.

Akula
17-12-04, 07:05 PM
Exactly. Without him it's not the same.

doesnt have to be the same to be good. ill look forward to it.

True, BUT its not Queen is it!!

Martin

Iansv
17-12-04, 07:07 PM
will wait and hear what they do before I give judgement, but it'll never be as good I think

fizzwheel
17-12-04, 07:09 PM

Quality video

It was but also in a way very insulting as well... I guess that the rest of queen had to give their consent for that to get made though, so I guess they have a sense of humour to

Ed
17-12-04, 09:08 PM
I saw Queen (complete with Freddie) at Ally Pally way back when - must be 1981/82 I guess. It was terrific \:D/

scapaflyer
17-12-04, 11:14 PM
There was and will only ever be one Freddie Mercury. Queen without him is like this forum without Suzuki,

The heart and soul is missing.

Long may we hear his music.

pegasus
20-12-04, 06:11 AM
folkls, i pretty much agree with what everyone says...but...even though freddie isnt with us doesnt mean his spirit and ideas cant live on...i think its a brave and bold move by the rest of the band members to, not revive - but, move forward....they must have tons of ideas and thoughts that they want to share with the rest of the fanbase, and i welcome it.

Akula
20-12-04, 09:33 AM
Unfortunately I dont think it will work, look at Iron Maiden when Bruce Dickinson left, Im sorry but it wasnt the same with ole Blaze (I cant sing for sh*te) Bailey or whatever his name was. Thankfully Bruce went back to Maiden and kicked that poor excuse for a singer into touch. What im saying is Freddie Mercury was in escence Queen, same as Bruce is for Maiden, unfortunately for Queen Freddie wont return....... RIP Freddie... and they should leave it as it is, well remembered and a great rock band..........

Martin

Nutkins
20-12-04, 10:40 AM
Akula wrote:Unfortunately I dont think it will work, look at Iron Maiden when Bruce Dickinson left, Im sorry but it wasnt the same with ole Blaze (I cant sing for sh*te) Bailey or whatever his name was. Thankfully Bruce went back to Maiden and kicked that poor excuse for a singer into touch. What im saying is Freddie Mercury was in escence Queen, same as Bruce is for Maiden, unfortunately for Queen Freddie wont return....... RIP Freddie... and they should leave it as it is, well remembered and a great rock band..........

Too true .... but then again 'foghorn' Dickinson didn't really make it as a solo artist either :lol:
As long as the 'new' queen don't try to match the old style then good luck to 'em. Anything to stop Brian May singing lead is fine by me <memories of that God awful 'Driven by you' come flooding back>. Strange that alot of the guitarists mentioned in this thread are blinding with the strings, but vocally are shocking.

pegasus
20-12-04, 11:06 AM
agreed dickinson put maiden on the map...but....and a big BUT...i still preferred the first 2 albums with paul d'ianno i thought his voice summed up the era perfectly (i mean in the sense of, he was just a kid with attitude).

Akula
20-12-04, 12:02 PM
agreed dickinson put maiden on the map...but....and a big BUT...i still preferred the first 2 albums with paul d'ianno i thought his voice summed up the era perfectly (i mean in the sense of, he was just a kid with attitude).

But Dickinson has a kind of operatic voice that goes with Maiden songs sooo well, I saw Maiden at the Birmingham Odeon on their Somewhere in Time tour in 87ish (might be wrong), it was as loud as loud thing being extremely loud and Dickinsons voice was amazing, although ill agree its not to everyones taste.....

Martin

The Basket
13-11-05, 12:19 PM
I am a big fan of queen and agree with most of the sentiments aired.

Brian May is a poor singer and no-one seems to have told him!!!He sang on the early Queen albums with little effect. Freddie was the public face of Queen and not the heart or soul.

I suppose they have got to do something...can't stand around the house all day counting money.

weegaz22
13-11-05, 03:32 PM
i dont think it will be a patch on the original line up to be honest, freddie was an awesome front man, and i dont think anyone could get even close to that

might have be better to start off a band with a new name and try and build that up, kinda like what the original line up of guns and roses have done, cept a new lead singer and new tunes, velvet revolver seem to be doing ok, not as huge as GNR though

tinpants
13-11-05, 09:36 PM
There was and will only ever be one Freddie Mercury. Queen without him is like this forum without Suzuki,

The heart and soul is missing.

Long may we hear his music.

Too right. I saw them at Knebworth in'87. Awesome. Just awesome.

squirrel_hunter
13-11-05, 09:48 PM
I thought Queen had already reformed...

No wait thats just the Darkness

tinpants
13-11-05, 09:50 PM
Ho ho ho!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now thats funny!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

madmal
13-11-05, 10:14 PM
lets face it, no one will ever replace freddie mercury. his voice was truly distinctive. but you have a group of guys who are technically some of the best musicians in the world. a lot of youngsters would like to see what they come forward with as well as us slightly older musicians/fans. :thumbsup:

pictonabike
13-11-05, 11:47 PM
I thought Queen had already reformed...

No wait thats just the Darknessall the best humour has at least one foot firmly planted in the truth

Queen have been playing gigs with Paul Rogers on vocals - he has been very good (as you might expect) and he hasn't attempted to do a copy of the late great Mr Mercury - he brought something new to the songs and showed due respect to the former front man

if you can get hold of a recording of any of the gigs, give them a listen

if they go in the studio with Paul Rogers I will be keen to hear what they produce

The Basket
14-11-05, 04:04 PM
I was also a big fan of Paul Rodgers.

Free were very good and a shame they didn't go on.
Bad Company were to Americana for me.

Paul kossoff could have been as great as Brian May...

There are lots of Queen tribute bands singing the same songs...As least this one has a few original members :D

haggis
14-11-05, 09:15 PM
The problem with Blaze Bailey was that he was the obvious choice when Bruce had had enough. Wolfsbane were Maiden wannabes. Really quite similar musically, but he was not even a wet patch on the 'Air-Raid Sirens' spandex codpiece.

Hopefully with Paul Rodges, he is distinct enough from Freddie to move the band on rather than hammer out the back-catalogue, as excellent as that may be. He definately has the past credentials to make his mark in the band as an equal member.