PDA

View Full Version : skidmarx hugger

adamfool
21-12-04, 07:38 PM
I ordered a skidmarx hugger for my SV-S, finally got round to fitting it today...or at least trying to :lol:

the pre-drilled hole for the rear brake hose retainer bracket's bolt is off by about 2cm and when fitted one side of the hugger rubs on the wheel itself!
phoned skidmarx, they said to send it back after xmas and they'll have a look at it and either fix or replace it, but of course in the small print of the invoice it mentions how "return postage is non-refundable" :lol:
we shall see if the next one fits :?

H-Gerickemark
21-12-04, 11:08 PM
had same problem myself, either chris or alan sent me a 2003 sv650s hugger to fit my naked 2004 sv. and it fitted a treat.
Apparently thats a common problem?

Mark

adamfool
22-12-04, 12:11 AM
yeah, i spoke to chris on the phone. seemed like it should be sorted with the next one.

K
22-12-04, 08:32 AM
I picked up a carbon one form them at the NEC for my '99 SVS - fitted perfectly.

leesvee
08-01-05, 03:36 PM
If you've got a 2003 onwards you were sent the naked one. The N and the S have different swingarm mounts. I've got a cardon one and it looks the mutts. I Did have to wait two months for it - they advertised it in superbike magazine but hadn't actually made the mould!

Cloggsy
08-01-05, 05:09 PM
I Did have to wait two months for it

Whoopy-doo... I had to wait over 5 months for my bleedin' ART one to arrive (or should I say, I had to collect it :toss:) :roll: