PDA

View Full Version : Amanda "I'm test riding the raptor today" M

Cloggsy
11-01-05, 12:12 AM
How did it go :?:

Amanda M
11-01-05, 08:52 AM
Put deposit down on it, picking it up on saturday :riding:

It honestly was the most fun I've had on a bike in a long time. It puts an instant silly grin on your face :lol: I can't wait to pick it up, with its race cans fitted :twisted:

PBx
11-01-05, 09:17 AM
Sounds great :thumbsup: - can you give us a blow by blow comparison with the SV?

Amanda M
11-01-05, 09:31 AM
Right a comparison to the SV...

Firstly, you feel like you're sat 'in' rather than 'on' the bike. Next is the acceleration - it's fuel injected so response is instant and it is a very fast bike. I found it odd at first, being used to carbed bikes but after riding it and getting back on the SV to take it home the carbs felt weird and I missed the power :lol: It feels perfectly balanced at low speeds, has good steering lock (unlike the SV) and the suspension appears to work very well indeed - it has upside-down forks on it. The brakes are very good - plenty of feel and not grabby.

All in all it just feels like an incredibly fun bike to ride and I can't wait to get out in the twisties with it :twisted: It was the most at home I've felt on a bike in a long time so that's made me very happy indeed!

Cloggsy
11-01-05, 10:10 AM
Right a comparison to the SV...

Firstly, you feel like you're sat 'in' rather than 'on' the bike. Next is the acceleration - it's fuel injected so response is instant and it is a very fast bike. I found it odd at first, being used to carbed bikes but after riding it and getting back on the SV to take it home the carbs felt weird and I missed the power :lol: It feels perfectly balanced at low speeds, has good steering lock (unlike the SV) and the suspension appears to work very well indeed - it has upside-down forks on it. The brakes are very good - plenty of feel and not grabby.

All in all it just feels like an incredibly fun bike to ride and I can't wait to get out in the twisties with it :twisted: It was the most at home I've felt on a bike in a long time so that's made me very happy indeed!

Plus the added bonus of being able to put your feet down when you stop :D :thumbsup:

Look forward to seeing it :wink:

zx6man
11-01-05, 10:11 AM
is the raptor a 650 or a 1000???

Amanda M
11-01-05, 10:12 AM
is the raptor a 650 or a 1000???

zx6man
11-01-05, 10:15 AM
:shock: cool

timwilky
11-01-05, 10:25 AM

It honestly was the most fun I've had on a bike in a long time. It puts an instant silly grin on your face :lol: I can't wait to pick it up, with its race cans fitted :twisted:

So when does Tara pick up your old SV?

Amanda M
11-01-05, 10:26 AM

So when does Tara pick up your old SV?

Sv is being traded in for raptor 8)

Tara
11-01-05, 10:32 AM
Superb Matey 8)

Amanda M
11-01-05, 11:21 AM
I'm chuffed to bits :D

mudge32
11-01-05, 11:44 AM
So what colour?? Black, of course?! :wink:

Amanda M
11-01-05, 01:24 PM
So what colour?? Black, of course?! :wink:

red :D

elmerfud
11-01-05, 07:07 PM
nice 1 amanda :thumbsup:

elmerfud
15-01-05, 05:23 PM
OI AMANDA!!

well.... come on....... it's now saturday and dark outside, you really can't be still out riding it!! :wink:

FUBAR
15-01-05, 09:58 PM
:shock:

Yeah woz appening like ? Has it arrived ? huh huh huh

:thumbsup:

Cloggsy
15-01-05, 10:04 PM
Has anyone got her number to txt her... Hope she's alright :?

zx6man
15-01-05, 10:17 PM
Have just text her....

Tara
16-01-05, 09:05 AM
I heard from M65 - he said she is not picking it up til Monday - something to do with the radiator :?

Cloggsy
17-01-05, 01:07 AM
Has anyone heard from her yet :?:

zx6man
17-01-05, 07:18 AM
Yeah, she replied to the text i sent, as above..rad probs.

wheelnut
17-01-05, 08:09 AM
I bet the cagiva.raptor.org site is not half as much fun as this one :P

I wanted to call it craptor :!:

Enjoy the ride :D

Amanda M
17-01-05, 09:14 AM
My tale of woe :cry:

Picked it up saturday as planned. Took it into manc to show her off and was pootling back and noticed smoke/steam coming from the front and the temp gauge was riding. I pulled over to have a look and there was coolant all over the front of the engine - a leak :( GUTTED :evil: Took her back to the shop and it's getting fixed today so I should get it back this afternoon.

I think I am the most unlucky person alive and I think the SV has cursed it.

zx6man
17-01-05, 09:17 AM
Are they just gonna fix the radiator, or get you a new one?

Amanda M
17-01-05, 09:27 AM
Are they just gonna fix the radiator, or get you a new one?

It's fixable. I hope. It'd better be or I'll be even less happy than I am now :( I'll find out what's happening later today.

zx6man
17-01-05, 09:28 AM
Least you wont be able to ride it anyway due to the snow thats supposedly on its way....

Amanda M
17-01-05, 09:31 AM
Least you wont be able to ride it anyway due to the snow thats supposedly on its way....

:shock: Oh great. I really hate january :evil:

zx6man
17-01-05, 09:32 AM
Just park it in yer front room and poilish it and stuff...

Amanda M
17-01-05, 09:34 AM
Just park it in yer front room and poilish it and stuff...

Tempting, very tempting.

timwilky
17-01-05, 10:37 AM
When does Steve but a bloody big blower on it?

Amanda M
17-01-05, 10:52 AM
It's quite difficult to turbo a V-twin, but I'm letting him do stuff to the fazer instead to keep him happy.

bootsock
20-01-05, 09:34 PM

Picked it up saturday as planned. Took it into manc to show her off and was pootling back and noticed smoke/steam coming from the front and the temp gauge was riding. I pulled over to have a look and there was coolant all over the front of the engine - a leak :( GUTTED :evil: Took her back to the shop and it's getting fixed today so I should get it back this afternoon.

Sorry Amanda, but can I just say "ha ha ha ha ha ha" :lol: Serves you right for taking the pi$$ out of my radiator all those times :wink:

Seriously though, can't wait to see and especially hear it! :)

timwilky
21-01-05, 02:04 AM

Sorry Amanda, but can I just say "ha ha ha ha ha ha" :lol: Serves you right for taking the pi$$ out of my radiator all those times :wink:

What can you say to that A.
OK I will say it for you
B1TCH :lol:

M65
21-01-05, 08:14 AM
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:04 am :shock:

Bloody hell Tim! Couldnt you sleep or something? Maybe the room was spinning too much, hee hee!!

Amanda M
21-01-05, 08:23 AM

Ah, but your radiator disaster was totally your own doing :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You will definately hear it 8)

FUBAR
21-01-05, 10:34 PM
its an OMEN i tell ya :shock: :shock: :shock:

bootsock
24-01-05, 11:04 PM

Ah, but your radiator disaster was totally your own doing :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

he, he, my radiator - it's called character! :wink:

Amanda M
25-01-05, 09:05 AM

he, he, my radiator - it's called character! :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: