PDA

View Full Version : Sat 23rd April 2005: Fun in the Hills of South Wales!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Jabba
11-01-05, 06:26 PM
Middle end of April grab anyone? - can't do at Easter or the two weeks after coz I'm going on hols :D

How does this sound:

Meet Newport, then over to Abergavenny thence to valleys to take in The Rhigos and The Bwlch, then down ito the Vale of Glamorgan for tea at The Blue Anchor

There's enough of us and (I hope) enough notice.

C'mon folks, sign up below......... all welcome, bring your mates, etc :thumbsup:

Baldyman
12-01-05, 07:25 AM
You know me Jabba, don't need a reason to be out on the bike, so I'm ready and waiting :-)

Mogs
12-01-05, 09:27 AM
I should be able to make it - the earlier we can be about a precise date the better, as the "Dads Taxi" schedule gets filled up quickly.

Dr. Rich, don't panic theres 3 months cleaning time left :wink:

Anonymous
12-01-05, 09:30 AM
I should be able to make it - the earlier we can be about a precise date the better, as the "Dads Taxi" schedule gets filled up quickly.

Dr. Rich, don't panic theres 2 months cleaning time left :wink:

Two months bike buying time you mean.

Of course I'm up for this but its ages away. We rode before end April when we were all young new and keen, did we not?

It wont be wetaher permitting when I have my new machine, as long as its sunny, of course.

Professor
12-01-05, 09:44 AM
I am interested.

Viney
12-01-05, 09:50 AM
How about a "Big Spring Meet"?

http://www.civicdelsol.com/parts/CO-IM97a.jpg

Jabba
12-01-05, 09:54 AM
http://www.civicdelsol.com/parts/CO-IM97a.jpg

](*,)

You jester :D

Jabba
12-01-05, 10:23 AM
I should be able to make it - the earlier we can be about a precise date the better, as the "Dads Taxi" schedule gets filled up quickly

OK - how about Sat 23rd April 2005?

What better way to show our respect for England and St George than by going for a blat in Wales? :wink:

Mogs
12-01-05, 10:44 AM
Two months bike buying time you mean.

Of course I'm up for this but its ages away. We rode before end April when we were all young new and keen, did we not?

It won't be weather permitting when I have my new machine, as long as its sunny, of course.

Have I missed something Rich, did you polish it away?

Jabba. 23rd April it is then, but I'd be okay with an earlier date as well, I'm riding through the winter hopefully, but not if below 0 degrees.

Mogs
12-01-05, 10:48 AM
Viney.

So whats the graphics for our Summer, Autumn(Fall) and next Winter meet.

Carsick
12-01-05, 11:35 AM
I'm riding through the winter hopefully, but not if below 0 degrees.
Isn't it a bit late to decide if you're riding through the winter? We've got through the worst of it, it's uphill from here on.
Of course, it is going to be bloody cold, but cold is easy, it's snow that I don't like.

Mogs
12-01-05, 12:02 PM
I'm riding through the winter hopefully, but not if below 0 degrees.
Isn't it a bit late to decide if you're riding through the winter? We've got through the worst of it, it's uphill from here on.
Of course, it is going to be bloody cold, but cold is easy, it's snow that I don't like.

Blinking prose, its so difficult to really get over what you mean,

I meant... I'm riding All through the winter hopefully, but not if below 0 degrees. I've only bottled it for 1 day so far.

I'm not sure our Scottish bretherin would agree with you that the winter is nearly over, but for us "softie" southerners, lets hope so.

Carsick
12-01-05, 12:47 PM
Don't worry, I got your point, was just poking fun.

It's not over for them up north, certainly, but we're ok now.

So far I haven't really bottled it, other than a few weeks ago I got drenched going to Canterbury then didn't feel like getting frozen that night (got below 0C and I was already wet) so stayed in a hotel.

Anyway, as for a meet up, I'm up for it.

Ceri JC
12-01-05, 03:19 PM
I am well up for this. Count me in.

fizzwheel
12-01-05, 03:57 PM
Could be up for this, although its a bit of trek for me coming up from somerset..

What sort of time would you be meeting in newport ?

Clunk
12-01-05, 04:09 PM
Bit too far North for me.

But will be in that area on Friday, looking at cars.

Why are there so many used car dealers in South Wales?
Prices much cheaper than down here.

Jabba
12-01-05, 04:28 PM

Bring Allie with you and make a weekend of it?

Leave Allie behind and make a weekend of it?

Allie leaves you behind and makes a weekend of it? :roll:

Really - enough to make it worth the journey? :shock:

Jabba
12-01-05, 04:30 PM
Could be up for this, although its a bit of trek for me coming up from somerset..

From where in Zummerzet?

What sort of time would you be meeting in newport ?

Not decided - flexible, I suppose :thumbsup:

fizzwheel
12-01-05, 04:33 PM
Sunny, Yeovil, So it will be a blat up the M5 to Bristol and then across the bridge...

Anonymous
12-01-05, 04:36 PM

But will be in that area on Friday, looking at cars.

Youve got that Carcraft place and I think theres another mega place as well.

Anonymous
12-01-05, 04:37 PM
Anyone coming from the west can meet me half-ish way at Gordano and then we can ride on dudes (if its sunny)

fizzwheel
12-01-05, 04:41 PM
Anyone coming from the west can meet me half-ish way at Gordano and then we can ride on dudes (if its sunny)

If its april, it'll be raining, might take you up on that Dr Rich, if thats OK ?

Iansv
12-01-05, 04:45 PM
Could be tempted....

Are slinky's allowed ?

valleyboy
12-01-05, 05:22 PM
I'll come along.. but I dont know about going all the way down to Newport.. to come all the way back up here :D

Might go to Newport the short way.. instead of the easy way... i.e. instead of down through A470 onto M4... go via Blackwood... and get chased by Boy Racers from the valleys in their Nova's!

whatever month.. as long as its a weekend...

Baldyman
12-01-05, 06:45 PM
OK - how about Sat 23rd April 2005?

What better way to show our respect for England and St George than by going for a blat in Wales?
.................................................. .................................................. ....
That sounds good, especially if I can afford the England flag motif that I'm contemplating for me Caberg (leaves you with nothin, by not saying helmet eh Jabba?)

Anyone else having probs on this site with emoticons, quotes etc?

Jabba
12-01-05, 08:12 PM
Anyone else having probs on this site with emoticons, quotes etc?

Nope :lol:

The Mass
14-01-05, 01:08 PM
Count me in :wink:

let me know if it's the 23rd or 24th though! So I can sort out Mrs Mass, gotta get in early with these things :roll:

Mass

RenamedMonkey
14-01-05, 05:23 PM
:( Doubt very much that I'll be attending, sorry folks.

Would have been great to meet up with you all, still haven't met some of you. I'll be selling the bike in the spring, when I can get a better price for it.

I go travelling in September, and simply can't afford the insurance up to then, it's not insurance now so I would have to take out 12 months and even if I got a refund it wouldn't be much. Plus with two claims pending. I would have to pay a stupid amount before getting any refund once the claims go through.

Besides, as soon as I'm back, I'll be forking out for another 8) Now that, I can't wait for! :D

Enjoy your meet and bring back a doggie bag :P

jonc
15-01-05, 04:54 PM
This sounds good :)

Jabba
17-01-05, 06:35 PM
This sounds good :)

:thumbsup:

Just to update...........Mogs is working on a suitable route and checking the mileage.

Please could a Mod make this "sticky" as it's definitely on (coz Mrs Jabba knows about it :lol: )

Carsick
17-01-05, 06:57 PM
I'm always up for a blast round Wales, so count me in.

Jabba
19-01-05, 09:54 AM
UPDATE:

Mogs has sussed out an amended route (cheers Kev!) which takes in 70% of the most challenging roads in Wales, including the Abergavenny to Brecon road through Crickhowell, The Rigos, The Bwlch, "The Road with 1000 Sheep" and the fantastic "Cow Poo Corner". All in all, about 133 miles, starting at Aust Services and finishing back on the M4 for folks to go home.

Many of these roads are those used by the Police motorcyclists for their advanced assessments; they are that good. Don't worry, they are generally lightly policed at other times :thumbsup:

Better still, tea can be taken at The Blue Anchor (simply the very best pub in Wales IMHO) and a photoshoot at the picturesque Castell Coch, a fairy-tale fantasy castle just north of Cardiff (often used as a film location).

A map and full details will be posted later today (when web-space can be accessed!)

Don't delay - give us your expressions of interest today :lol:

Mogs
19-01-05, 10:46 AM
Okay here it is

I propose the following itinerary...

Meet up (refuel) at Aust Services (M48) at 11.00am on the 23rd April 2005.

Follow this route, 133 miles (a challenge to riders, experienced or not).

http://www.cardiff.gov.uk/government/images/test1_klm.pdf

and

http://www.cardiff.gov.uk/government/images/test2_klm.pdf

Stop for lunch between 12.00 noon and 1.00pm either in Brecon or Abergavenny.

Stop again for refreshments in the "Blue Anchor" mid afternoon.

Stop at Castell Coch (Photo's etc)

Refuel at Asda Junction 32 M4 and disperse our separate ways.

Other stops can be inserted on the route to allow us to regroup and to admire the views.

Carsick
19-01-05, 10:48 AM
including the Abergavenny to Brecon road through Crickhowell, The Rigos, The Bwlch,
Yay, I love that road.
I'm interested to see what the others are like. Knowing my navigation skills I've been down them more than once, though :wink:

Anonymous
19-01-05, 10:53 AM
Good man. I may have to hire a bike if I havent secured one by then. But its a while off so I am sure all will be well. I guess I could blag an extended test ride from Ryedale or something :lol:

Professor
19-01-05, 11:41 AM
Sounds interesting.

Jabba
19-01-05, 01:30 PM
Thanks Mogs - good work :thumbsup:

Follow this route, 133 miles (a challenge to riders, experienced or not).

At an average speed of less than 35mph (without stops), this will not be a high-speeder :lol:

All levels of experience will enjoy this route as there's something for everyone (even those who've blagged a test-ride on a BMW :wink: ). Newbies will like the bends and cornering practice, the more experienced will like the bends, cornering practice, scenic views and (for those so inclined), all the sheep on the A4059 :wink:

I'll change the thread title to include the date. Thanks for the "sticky", Mr Moderator :D

Mogs
19-01-05, 01:40 PM
Sat 23rd April 2005: Fun in the Hills of South Wales with sheep
:shock:

Jabba
19-01-05, 01:46 PM
Sat 23rd April 2005: Fun in the Hills of South Wales with sheep

I can change it if you like?

Grinch
19-01-05, 01:50 PM
Nice title.. I almost want to come now.. but our first child is due in April so I'll be busy enough.. Trying to find some time to sleep

Anonymous
19-01-05, 01:54 PM
Nice title.. I almost want to come now..

Grinch
19-01-05, 02:03 PM
:laughat:
Nice title.. I almost want to come now..

oops.. :lol:

valleyboy
19-01-05, 05:11 PM
Oooooo eck.. looks like a long ride to me!!

any chance of a meating point this side of the bridge ???

I live near point 6 on that map... and my play ground includes most of the roads around there :)

should be fun... if I still have a bike left by then anyway :D

Anonymous
19-01-05, 05:19 PM
Oooooo eck.. looks like a long ride to me!!

Jabba
19-01-05, 06:51 PM
any chance of a meating point this side of the bridge ???

A Freudian slip, perchance?

I live near point 6 on that map... and my play ground includes most of the roads around there :)

I should think that there would be a meet-up at Asda at J32 (Coryton) before heading off to Aust. Certainly, I'll be happy to meet you there.

You can lead the way down the Bwlch :lol:

should be fun... if I still have a bike left by then anyway :D

Have you taken it to a dealers yet?

Baldyman
19-01-05, 06:55 PM
Looks like a great day out (thumbs up ....sorry, still no emoticons)
Big up for Jabba and Mogs

Jabba
19-01-05, 06:57 PM
Looks like a great day out (thumbs up ....sorry, still no emoticons)

Do you have the "Always allow BBCode:" thingy set to "No" in your profile?

Big up for Jabba and Mogs

Mogs has done all the work with the maps.............. we discussed the route a little, but this is mainly his doing :thumbsup:

valleyboy
19-01-05, 07:10 PM
Yep Jabba.. I took it down Thunder road...

had an accident on the way down :oops:

One bust numberplate bolt, and a slight dent in the can, and its gone off pivot!
Pulled onto a roundabout.. when I shuldnt have.. van next to me went, so i thought it was safe.. van stopped suddenly..... Ohhh crappola!
Happen to know the bloke who pranged me as well !
Didnt fall off or anything.. was like having rear wheel lock up for a split second...

To find out that it was just a build up of condensation...

apparently, as its an aliminium engine block, it tends to condensate a lot.. plus I only do very short journeys mid week on it back and fore to work etc... which doesnt give it a chance to evaporate. Coolant pipe apparently does spew out crap every now and again anyway!

a meeting point anywhere this side of the bridge is fine for me... a while yet to go anyway.. and a few thousand miles for me as well :D

I'd like to suggest avery small amendment to route... instead of coming off 1000 sheep road, and going straight up and over Rhigos mountain.. go down the old Glyn Neath bank i.e. through Rhigos itself... nice little road, a few twistys down hill.... and then if traffic lights permit at bottom, back onto the new Glyn Neath bank after a nice tight left hand bend that you can get your peg down on :twisted: and up the road at high speed (if no police about) back up to roundabout, and back to rest of route

p.s. Possibly one of the best roads in Wales for ermmm.. going a bit faster than normal is Glyn Neath bank.. up it, or down it... plenty of opertunities to go VERY fast between Hirwaun, and Swansea :D

Baldyman
19-01-05, 07:14 PM
Jabba, nope it's no that, justs checked. I think it could be a virus or glitch in my IE6, but until my son can assist I'm lost/emoticonless:-(
I can't seem to get below two levels on any web page.
Never mind, even if I have no 'puter, I have me trusty steed (and your mobile number ;-) )

The Mass
19-01-05, 09:56 PM
This looks excellent lads :thumbsup: :winner: :notworthy:

Top marks Mogs and Jabba and all others involved in the plans. I will more than likely meet you and mogs / jonc and others at Asda is that the Pentwyn one? I can't remember :?:

I guess I'd best ask as well if a lone "Blackbird" rider is allowed? :riding:

Nagai may come down for that one, he DID own an SV if that counts :?

Can't wait, shall now go and confirm with Mrs Mass - the date

Nice one, peeeing meself with excitement :lol: \:D/ :drink:

Anonymous
20-01-05, 08:10 AM
T
I guess I'd best ask as well if a lone "Blackbird" rider is allowed? :riding:

Nagai may come down for that one, he DID own an SV if that counts :?

C

No, definitely SV's only.

Can we steady on with the praise for Jabba, please. This is clearly all Mog's work. :wink:

Any news on the wethaer forecast?

HTH

Jabba
20-01-05, 09:02 AM
No, definitely SV's only.

I'll just be stalking the péloton.............. from the front :lol:

Can we steady on with the praise for Jabba, please. This is clearly all Mog's work. :wink:

Give the dog a ball and he'll play with it :wink:

[No offence, Mogs - your efforts are greatly appreciated :thumbsup:]

Any news on the wethaer forecast?

Don't worry Rich, we've ordered an hermetically sealed dome to cover the whole area. HEPA filters will be running throughout to remove all dust and there will be no need to clean your bike afterwards.

Mind you, if you've flogged your SV by then, then it won't matter as you won't be there. Unless you plan to stalk the péloton from the rear, as usual? :wink:

Mogs
20-01-05, 09:46 AM
Here's the amendment Valleyboy suggested, it adds about 12 miles to the run, the whole thing will then be close to the limit for must SV's, we'll have to have a fuel stop, (not a problem).

http://www.cardiff.gov.uk/government/images/test3_klm.pdf

I'm not sure that I have it right. I don't know the road there that well.

At point 4 "Autoroute" will not allow a right turn and forces a counter-clockwise loop through Glyn Neath.

I'm sure that "Jabba", "Fongboy", "Jonc", and I will meet up at Asda - J32 M4 (maybe "Flying Nurse"), we could connect up with "The Mass" on route to Aust. - I suggest outside Bassaleg High School, there's a nice pull in there.

The Mass
20-01-05, 10:18 AM
[quote]

I'm sure that "Jabba", "Fongboy", "Jonc", and I will meet up at Asda - J32 M4 (maybe "Flying Nurse"), we could connect up with "The Mass" on route to Aust. - I suggest outside Bassaleg High School, there's a nice pull in there.

Bassaleg High School Sounds good to me me mate, only about 2 mins away :thumbsup:

See ye soon. :wink:

Jabba
20-01-05, 12:49 PM

Bassaleg High School Sounds good to me me mate, only about 2 mins away :thumbsup:

We could have a pint in the TA, too :roll:

The Mass
20-01-05, 02:06 PM

We could have a pint in the TA, too :roll:

This gets better all the time. Sounds like a plan SUPERB! :thumbsup:

valleyboy
20-01-05, 05:11 PM
That routes right Mogs..
Point 4 is where the Rhigos road goes under Glyn Neath bank.. there is no way of getting onto it at that point anyway.

So Autoroute is correct :)

Jabba
21-01-05, 05:40 PM
In the interests of research, Mogs and I visited The Blue Anchor at lunchtime. Tough job, but someone's got to do it :wink:

The restoration job after the fire looks really good and the only thing that gives away the fact there has been some recent work is that the straw on the thatched roof is a lovely sandy/gold colour rather than the previous weathered black.

Unfortunately, in all the exitement, we forgot to ask if they'd mind a bunch of hairy-a*sed bikers (and some male motorcyclists) popping in for tea, so it looks like we're going to have to go back...................... :lol:

I'll let Mogs tell you about the two nutters (both on Hondas) that we encountered on the way back :evil:

The Mass
23-01-05, 09:18 PM
In the interests of research, Mogs and I visited The Blue Anchor at lunchtime. Tough job, but someone's got to do it :wink:

The restoration job after the fire looks really good and the only thing that gives away the fact there has been some recent work is that the straw on the thatched roof is a lovely sandy/gold colour rather than the previous weathered black.

Unfortunately, in all the exitement, we forgot to ask if they'd mind a bunch of hairy-a*sed bikers (and some male motorcyclists) popping in for tea, so it looks like we're going to have to go back...................... :lol:

I'll let Mogs tell you about the two nutters (both on Hondas) that we encountered on the way back :evil:

Jabba,

Is this the one in Crick?

the one next to the river? Or am I in totally the wrong place #-o

Mogs
24-01-05, 08:37 AM
No, the one in East Aberthaw.

Mogs
24-01-05, 10:15 AM

Jabba is refering to first...

(Jabba is leading)

A CBR600RR although the rider was wearing Yamaha leathers, he didn't get too close to John and waited for him to make his mind up about overtaking or not before moving over. Still he went screaming past John and the cars in front, despite the oncomming traffic.

Worst was yet to come...(Jabba still leading at 80 mph ish)

A Blackbird, he was really close behind Jabba.

He says, "I couldn't see him in my mirrors - I checked both before pulling in".

Now by close I mean within 5 ft.

What a prat - he went round the next bend after passing John, scraping everything. Pegs, boots and possibly even exhaust!

Ceri JC
25-01-05, 12:54 PM
I like the look of the route. Well done Mogs/Jabba. Gimme a shout (email is best: cerijcATyahooDOTcom) if you fancy a weekend ride some point before then. I'm usually in Barry at weekends, so not too far :)

I'll get some more practice on the roads near Castle Coch next week- going to be commuting to Glamorgan Uni from Barry.

Hopefully it won't snow like it did last year up there :wink:

Jabba
25-01-05, 09:13 PM
A CBR600RR although the rider was wearing Yamaha leathers, he didn't get too close to John and waited for him to make his mind up about overtaking or not before moving over. Still he went screaming past John and the cars in front, despite the oncomming traffic.

He went round the outside of a line traffic on a left-hand bend (the reason I decided not to go for the O/T)

Worst was yet to come...(Jabba still leading at 80 mph ish)

Yeah - I'd eased off a little to let Mogs catch up a bit :^o

:lol:

A Blackbird, he was really close behind Jabba.

He says, "I couldn't see him in my mirrors - I checked both before pulling in".

Now by close I mean within 5 ft.

I check 'em regularly at that sort of speed and I didn't see him until I'd moved into the left-hand lane after completing an overtake. He must have howled past Mogs before holding position a few feet directly behind me. I'd have seen him if he'd have been slightly to one side or the other.

What a prat - he went round the next bend after passing John, scraping everything. Pegs, boots and possibly even exhaust!

He was hanging off the bike and I could see his tyres squirming and suspension compressing......... I'm sure he didn't mean to get that out of shape :shock:

As Mogs said, the CBR600RR (whilst going quicker and making a manouvre that I personally decided against) didn't put either of us in danger. The Blackbird rider did. What a nobber.

Ceri JC
26-01-05, 01:13 PM
As Mogs said, the CBR600RR (whilst going quicker and making a manouvre that I personally decided against) didn't put either of us in danger. The Blackbird rider did. What a nobber.

And I though Blackbirds were all owned by sensible old blokes who've been riding for years and would never ride in a reckless manner... :)

PS Jabba, Were you parked out the front of "The Ship" (along with another bike) in Barry last Saturday (may of been Sunday)? There was another bike there. Shedloads of bikers out over the island (as well as scallies on minimotos in the car park :D )

Jabba
26-01-05, 01:37 PM
PS Jabba, Were you parked out the front of "The Ship" (along with another bike) in Barry last Saturday (may of been Sunday)?

Not me mate - I was in Cheshire visiting my sister.

Me and Mogs were at the Blue Anchor on Friday lunchtime. But you knew that :lol:

Anonymous
26-01-05, 01:54 PM
I'm dying to think of something worthwhile to contribute to this thread but can't.

The Mass
26-01-05, 02:40 PM
I'm dying to think of something worthwhile to contribute to this thread but can't.

Just turn up mate, that'll be enough :wink:

Jabba
26-01-05, 03:49 PM

Just turn up mate, that'll be enough :wink:

How about the usual "I've got a new bike!!"?

Gizza go? :lol:

Anonymous
27-01-05, 04:48 PM
Gizza go? :lol:

BMW dealers are made to be exceptionally generous with demos so why not book one at Ryedale. 2 hours is usually the minumum they offer, you can usually get a whole half day. You knows you wants to :lol:

Jabba
27-01-05, 05:53 PM
a whole half day

That's an oxymoron, that is :lol:

Hmmm.......good idea. I could be tempted :wink:

tee jey
28-01-05, 01:21 AM
Mogs has sussed out an amended route (cheers Kev!) which takes in 70% of the most challenging roads in Wales, including the Abergavenny to Brecon road through Crickhowell, The Rigos, The Bwlch, "The Road with 1000 Sheep" and the fantastic "Cow Poo Corner". All in all, about 133 miles, starting at Aust Services and finishing back on the M4 for folks to go home.

Booked the day off work so I' up for it.

Jabba
28-01-05, 08:47 AM

Booked the day off work so I' up for it.

:D

Anonymous
28-01-05, 09:25 AM
a whole half day

That's an oxymoron, that is :lol:

A good one, too!

Mogs
28-01-05, 03:35 PM
http://www.cardiff.gov.uk/government/images/test1_klm.pdf

and

http://www.cardiff.gov.uk/government/images/test2_klm.pdf

The route I proposed has been revised (selfishly) from the A40 (dual carriageway) to the B4233 Monmouth to Abergavenny, because I don't like motorway riding.

Lazzer
31-01-05, 09:32 AM
Hello All,

I'm reasonably new to all this, but sounds great. You don't mind a newbie tagging along I hope?

Jabba
31-01-05, 09:49 AM
You don't mind a newbie tagging along I hope?

Some of us still ride like a newbie :D

Lazzer
31-01-05, 09:57 AM
:D excellent, will definitely be there....

Motorhead
03-02-05, 03:54 PM
As I live in South Wales (ystrad mynach) I will come along to say hello. I have only had my SV650 for 3 months, and don't know anyone on here, but I would love to come along.

Anonymous
03-02-05, 04:15 PM
Ah. Im afraid your not allowed to come along if you don't know anyone here. Its a catch situation, I know.

Only joking :D

After your reply to Ian's post you are more than welcome :lol:

Anonymous
03-02-05, 04:21 PM
There's about 16 definites/possibles/expressions of interest (incl. 1 only if its sunny) so this is looking good!

Anyone heard from JohnD, RichStam, Flying Nurse. Anyone else we havent heard from for a while?

Term
03-02-05, 06:22 PM
Im a strong possible for this one as well if you dont mind IL4 bikes joining
in :wink:

__________________________________________________ ___________

now riding a silver zx6r with aching wrists.

Anonymous
04-02-05, 08:17 AM
in :wink:

Will be good to see you :D

Jabba
04-02-05, 05:58 PM

It would be churlish to object :wink:

Jabba
04-02-05, 05:59 PM
Anyone heard from JohnD, RichStam, Flying Nurse. Anyone else we havent heard from for a while?

Jay's having computer trouble, I think.

He's Ok though.

Jabba
04-02-05, 06:00 PM
As I live in South Wales (ystrad mynach) I will come along to say hello. I have only had my SV650 for 3 months, and don't know anyone on here, but I would love to come along.

Ystrad Mynach.......... that's Mogs country. Well, he's in Caerphilly at least :lol:

Good to have you along :thumbsup:

Jabba
04-02-05, 06:01 PM
After your reply to Ian's post you are more than welcome :lol:

Tell me more................ :twisted:

Anonymous
05-02-05, 02:08 PM
Just minor ****taking. Cant remember where now.

Rich Curtis
08-02-05, 02:11 AM
I should be able to make it, my wife didn't say an outright no... she should come around to the idea by April ;)

I'll probably join up with the Basseleg group, only a mile away.

johnd
11-02-05, 06:18 PM
:) dr rich i"m still alive , just been very busy at work through the winter and skiing hols, rideout seems like a good idea for you fair weather riders :shock: that should stir you up :D keep riding and smiling :lol:

Anonymous
13-02-05, 04:49 PM
:) dr rich i"m still alive , just been very busy at work through the winter and skiing hols, rideout seems like a good idea for you fair weather riders :shock: that should stir you up :D keep riding and smiling :lol:

Excellent. I'd forgotten about the skiing!

richstam
15-02-05, 07:44 PM
There's about 16 definites/possibles/expressions of interest (incl. 1 only if its sunny) so this is looking good!

Hello!!! I'm back :lol:

After having me SV nicked (http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=14251) by some a***hole last year, the insurance finally paid up :lol:

So I'll be there, but i'm another ex-sv'er i'm affraid, so hope nobody minds...

Rich

Anonymous
16-02-05, 09:58 AM
Hello Rich. So we can look forward to seeing your new ride by then, I hope :D

Mogs
16-02-05, 01:12 PM
Are any of the Bristol based crew members of Bristol and Avon Roadrunners?
http://www.bristolandavonroadrunners.co.uk/index.htm

Anonymous
16-02-05, 01:27 PM

Well Im not. £20 to join for a meet in the Colloseum pub, one of the ****iest but in an non-exciting way in Bristol? Whats in in for me :lol:

Mogs
16-02-05, 03:53 PM

Well Im not. £20 to join for a meet in the Colloseum pub, one of the ****iest but in an non-exciting way in Bristol? Whats in in for me :lol:

My Brother-in-Law is a member and I've mentioned this site to him on occasions. We both just wondered!

The Club is too far for me on an evening and I'd have to ride or pay the bridge fee.

Jabba
17-02-05, 03:09 PM
The Club is too far for me on an evening and I'd have to ride or pay the bridge fee.

You think they'd offer to pay us to go to Bristol and raise the tone of the place :shock:

Still makes me laugh when we get to cross the bridge for free :lol:

WildBill
17-02-05, 04:55 PM
Hello Rich. So we can look forward to seeing your new ride by then, I hope :D

Uh... Are you talking to your self again?

RenamedMonkey
17-02-05, 06:13 PM
Still makes me laugh when we get to cross the bridge for free :lol:

Yea, the only reason it's free to get into England, is because there isn't a gate in the world that could stop the people leaving. You should take a look at the sides of the roads on the way out, bushes full of five pound notes "take it, take it all, just let me out!".

10 SWS points for guessing what stand up comedian made that joke :lol:

Carsick
17-02-05, 07:25 PM
Bill Bailey?

Anyway, sod paying for the bridge, I don't have a car, it's always free for me.

The M6 toll is £2 for bikes, though, which is a bit steep, I think.

RenamedMonkey
17-02-05, 09:05 PM
Bill Bailey?

Not Mr Bailey, no. However, he is brilliant.