PDA

View Full Version : Waterproofs?

Ceri JC
12-01-05, 10:13 AM
I generally try to avoid riding in real downpours, but there are a few situations where it's unavoidable- namely, going away for a week or so on the bike, so going in the car as an alternative once you get there is not an option.

My existing jacket/trousers protection is pretty good, but during prolonged heavy rain (over an hour on the motorway for example), it starts to soak through and within an hour and a half I'm drenched.

So, I'd like some recommendations as to a reasonably cheap (I'll only be using it 5-10 days a year I imagine), but decent quality (if it's only waterproof during light showers, it's no better than my existing jacket) waterproof.

Ideally, I'd be looking for an all in one suit, that folds away into a bumbag sized thing or, possibly, even something I could fit underseat on the SV. Can anyone recommend any particular ones/where to buy them (online)?

Any alternatives I should be thinking about? In the past I've used my hiking waterproofs, but they're a bit bulky and getting quite tatty now.

Any suggestions much appreciated, thanks.

Logie bear
14-01-05, 10:28 AM
Hi Ceri,
the spada 406 waterproof suit has kept me warm and dry in a few downpours, no the cheepest at £50, but you gets what you paid for.

Ride safe

Sean.