PDA

View Full Version : Holts Anti-Mist & Water Repellent

PoRk ChOp
15-01-05, 04:48 PM
Is this stuff any good?

It says that it has a 'special' 2 in 1 formula which provides perfect visiblity in the rain by preventing both mist and droplets forming on visors?

That sounds like a load of bo**ox to me........but I bought a tin anyway :wink:

Cloggsy
15-01-05, 05:06 PM
Is this stuff any good?

It says that it has a 'special' 2 in 1 formula which provides perfect visiblity in the rain by preventing both mist and droplets forming on visors?

That sounds like a load of bo**ox to me........but I bought a tin anyway :wink:

Is it for use inside the visor & out then :?:

PoRk ChOp
15-01-05, 05:16 PM
Is it for use inside the visor & out then :?:

Yes it is mate.....well thats what it says on the tin.

I cant get it to fog up, but I am in the house watchin tv and browsing the forum :wink: and the kids are looking at me as if I have lost the plot :lol:

>Dad, why are you on the computer with your bike helmet on?<
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Deffo cant get it to mist up though 8)

Cloggsy
15-01-05, 05:19 PM
Deffo cant get it to mist up though 8)

Go outside (in the cold) & see what happens then :wink:

Wiltshire7
15-01-05, 05:21 PM
tell ur kids computers crash as often as bikes, if not more. ur just setting a good example.

PoRk ChOp
15-01-05, 05:21 PM
I was waiting for you to say that :wink:

I'm going to wait till later when it gets really cold and then give it a go.

Cloggsy
15-01-05, 05:23 PM
I was waiting for you to say that :wink:

I'm going to wait till later when it gets really cold and then give it a go.

Am I that predictable :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok mate :thumbsup:

Wiltshire7
15-01-05, 05:28 PM
god damn it, someone laugh at my joke!!!

Cloggsy
15-01-05, 05:37 PM
tell ur kids computers crash as often as bikes, if not more. ur just setting a good example.

http://www.wildflowers.reach.net/tumbleweed.jpg

:roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Carsick
15-01-05, 05:40 PM
Does it come in a little plastic bottle and smell of very strong spirits? If so it might be the one I bought a while back and lost the label for.
It's not too bad, but I found it just gave up after a few hours of hard rain.

PoRk ChOp
15-01-05, 05:50 PM
Its in a black spray can, and smells :shock: :shock:
It set me back about £5 so it better bloody work

Wilts - I hope that was not your best joke mate :wink:

PoRk ChOp
15-01-05, 05:52 PM

http://www.wildflowers.reach.net/tumbleweed.jpg

:roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Flippin quality!!!!!!!!

dclifford
15-01-05, 07:32 PM
I used it a couple of times. I was amazed at how bad it was. It didn't fog up, it seemed to turn everything all watery and blurred. But if you open the visor it wont go away like mist would.
I had sent a letter of complaint to holts aabout a year ago complaining about how bad it was. I have used other Holts products and was very happy with them. They said that they had not had any complaints about it. They wanted me to send the bottle to them so that they could have it tested.

Valman
15-01-05, 08:02 PM
I used it a couple of times. I was amazed at how bad it was. It didn't fog up, it seemed to turn everything all watery and blurred. But if you open the visor it wont go away like mist would.
I had sent a letter of complaint to holts aabout a year ago complaining about how bad it was. I have used other Holts products and was very happy with them. They said that they had not had any complaints about it. They wanted me to send the bottle to them so that they could have it tested.

Yep, I just found this out too. I bought some on Wednesday and found it worked good the first day but then after the Soho meet it started to "absorb" the mist and made the visor all blurry. I'm going to clean the visor again and put some more on just to see if it does it again. Also it did nothing to stop the droplets of rain staying on my visor this morning so not impressed really.

dclifford
15-01-05, 08:07 PM
As I said I only used it a couple of times. It only went on the second time as I coundn't believe it was that bad.

Carsick
15-01-05, 09:11 PM
With the one I had you're supposed to clean the visor really well then polish this stuff into it.
It came up perfectly clear for me, but just washed off in the rain.

Warren
16-01-05, 11:41 PM
same here, apart from when its sunny and hot it made it go all blurry too. and insects got stuck to it.

tried pulling a tiny bit on., tried pulling loads of it on. tis in the bin now tho

PoRk ChOp
17-01-05, 09:48 AM
What a complete load of ****e this stuff is! DO NOT BUY IT!!!!

It has made fogging 100 times worse :? I have a Respro foggy fitted which I got with the helmet, so only ever get a little bit of fogging every now and then,(I though this would get rid of the fogging all together) this morning was a nightmare, it fogged up ALL the time as if there was no foggy fitted, and the glare/star effect off street lights and head lights was really really bad.

Will this ****e just was off?

Does anyone think I could get my money back? It deffo does not do what its meant too, so I'm sure I have a good chance.

dclifford
17-01-05, 10:36 AM
It will wash off.
About getting your money back, You can only try. The worst they can say is no.
As I mentioned already, I had sent an email of complaint to Holts. They responded quickly and requested that I sent the can to them so that htey could test it.
Anyone that has tried it and does not like it should send tham a mail explaining what they happened.

PoRk ChOp
17-01-05, 10:48 AM
It will wash off.
About getting your money back, You can only try. The worst they can say is no.
As I mentioned already, I had sent an email of complaint to Holts. They responded quickly and requested that I sent the can to them so that htey could test it.
Anyone that has tried it and does not like it should send tham a mail explaining what they happened.

Don't suppose you still have the email address or web address do you mate?

PoRk ChOp
17-01-05, 11:16 AM
I have found the Holts website, so gonna send them an email. I will let you know what they say.

Grinch
17-01-05, 11:19 AM
I have the Bob Heath Anti-Fog which seems to work OK, 130 miles a day and I normally re-apply it on the 3/4 day of riding.
http://www.frontiersmc.co.uk/acatalog/Helmet_Accessories.html
Can be found on this page.

I also use the Hien Gericke 'Rain Free' which was £3.95, though I do find if there is alot of rain and spray as there has been I'm re-applying it every day. Some times on both journeys, but with the amount ot road dirt and salt I imagine its not helping.

PoRk ChOp
17-01-05, 11:33 AM
I dont mind paying good money for a product, so long as it works! This clearly does not! I may have a tootle to HG at lunch and have a look at the 'Rain Free' stuff.

Grinch
17-01-05, 11:38 AM
I was thinking about that Bob Heath Vee Wipe, as though the rain free product does work I find it not as effective in mist a fog. So the wipe might be a good option to think about.

dclifford
17-01-05, 12:10 PM
I use Bob Heath visor spray on the inside.
I have started putting Mr Sheen furniture polish on the outside if it is raining. I have noticed that helmet has less dirty streaks on it an the water is easier to wipe off.

PoRk ChOp
17-01-05, 03:02 PM
Just got the following reply from Holts: -

Dear Mr Smith

Re: Holts Anti Mist & Water Repellant

Thank you for contacting us regarding our products. We were sorry to learn of the difficulties you encountered. We would be happy to carry out further investigations.

However, in order to do so we would require a sample of the product for inspection. Therefore we request the return of the unit so that we may carry out the necessary tests. Naturally any postage costs would be reimbursed. Please return to Holt Lloyd Products, Oakhurst Drive, Lawnhurst Industrial Estate, Cheadle Heath, Stockport, SK3 0RZ.

May we take this opportunity to thank you for your co-operation and for bringing this matter to our attention.

Yours sincerely

Chris Olive
Technical Services
HONEYWELL Holt Lloyd

I'm gonna send it off and see what they have to say.

Grinch
17-01-05, 03:11 PM
Make sure you keep a little bit of it if they start saying there is nothing wrong.

fizzwheel
17-01-05, 03:13 PM
I've got a fog city insert, if you can put up with the slight ghosting of your vision at night then its just the job, stopped my shoei fogging up no problem

Now only if I could find a way to keep the crud off the outside of it I would be a happy man, Grinch whats the Bob Heath Vee Wipe you were talking about ?

Grinch
17-01-05, 03:18 PM
Looks like this:

http://www.mandp.co.uk/netalogue/photos/large/GWWHABHVW.jpg

Its like a wiper blade for your finger, you can get them from M&P in lots of sizes:
Both Heath products (http://www.mandp.co.uk/list.aspx?tier1=Clothing+And+Helmets&tier2=Helmet+accessories&tier3=Bob+Heath)

fizzwheel
17-01-05, 03:19 PM
I am guessing that you just attach it your glove then...

Grinch
17-01-05, 03:41 PM
I am guessing that you just attach it your glove then...

I would say just slide it over you left hand index finger.

fizzwheel
17-01-05, 03:46 PM
might give that a try then. cheers