PDA

View Full Version : Traditional St Andrews Run - Saturday 5th February 2005

carelesschucca
17-01-05, 06:28 PM
Is it not about time for the SV Ecosse Winter St Andrews Run??? Anyone up for a bit of winter madness sometime soon??? Not that any of the Easties turned up last year!!!

Dirty Baz
17-01-05, 09:18 PM
10 people have read this and not one booger was brave enough to reply! :lol: :wink:

I'd be up for a run soon, this sat if it's nice perhaps??

Anonymous
17-01-05, 09:26 PM
i'll be up for runs from february. need new tyres as they have been bald since september. maybe even get to the ice cream shop this time eh dean.

Cronos
17-01-05, 09:28 PM
10 people have read this and not one booger was brave enough to reply! :lol: :wink:

None of use were brave enough to make the first move!

Count me in!

Now where did I put my longjohns? :lol:

carelesschucca
17-01-05, 10:37 PM
lets be nice a wait for Feb so Hazel can come out to play too (seeing as she was the one of three that turned up last year)... If I remember rightly we did more talking last year than we did riding, having said that it was a great day even though there was no ice cream!!!

Scooby Drew
18-01-05, 12:34 PM
I'm gonna be off my bike for a while as I am a tw*t jumping off things I didn't need to be jumping off...

carelesschucca
18-01-05, 10:18 PM
at least it wasn't the bike you were 'jumping' off this time...

SVTONYB
19-01-05, 12:01 AM
It makes a change from jumping ON to things you shouldnt be :wink:

SVTONYB
19-01-05, 12:03 AM
Oh and count me in if I'm not working 8)

Anonymous
19-01-05, 11:28 AM
so what about sat 5th february. meet easties at kinross again - nice hot choc. dean you going to bring cookies again?

so does this date suit and whose coming to play? :lol:

DaBlackKnight
19-01-05, 12:46 PM
to cold, its wet and windy!
Its snowboarding season! (also a snowboarder)
why do i always have expesive hobbies!
music, bikes, bitches, boarding and boozing....though i have manged not to have a drink since hugmanay.....my detox session...onlyanother 6 weeks left....

WELL...
its my cars 1st service on monday (Suzuki 4Grip - Silver - same as bike..lol) - needs 2 new front tires, insurance is due soon, so to is raod tax....AND the bike is 200miles off its second servicwe and needs a new rear tire, taxed and insured......PLUS going away for a week to chamonix....next three months r gona be BAD on the old wallet.....

anyways....i am away back to...work...as its really important to me to suceed etc......anyone wana do a ewan mcgregor and ride round the wrold on 2 wheels for a year?

Cronos
19-01-05, 01:25 PM
Looks like the number of mobile easties is shrinking!!!

5th of Feb sounds like a plan, albeit a cold one!

Ken McCulloch
19-01-05, 04:18 PM
Well I'll come if I can, if you are willing to accept me on my new non-SV bike?

Blue Flame
19-01-05, 07:33 PM
I'll be up for this. Just a fall out of my bed to get to Kinross for me :D

weemo
19-01-05, 09:06 PM
maybes

jungleboy
19-01-05, 09:24 PM
Can't commit quite yet but definitely interested

carelesschucca
20-01-05, 12:06 AM
Can't commit quite yet but definitely interested

don't worry a few months talking to us and it'll be the men in white coats that will be committing you!!!

Should be up for it, of course it is weather dependant...

Blue flame - no falling out of bed we've had enough injurys!!!

Cronos
20-01-05, 01:33 PM
So far we've got......

Nutty Tart
Cronos
Blue Flame
carelesschucca
Ken McCulloch (on his shiney new VFR)

weemo (maybe)
jungleboy (maybe)

Dirty Baz
20-01-05, 04:21 PM
Count me in for this one too!

Scooby Drew
20-01-05, 04:56 PM
I'll come along if someone will take me pillion... NOT! I'm not suicidal yet!

northwind
20-01-05, 08:49 PM
Funnily enough, no :)

Blue Flame
20-01-05, 09:12 PM
I'll come along if someone will take me

:shock: I didn't realise it was that sort of outing :shock:

Anonymous
21-01-05, 09:21 AM
woohoo :lol:

Scooby Drew
21-01-05, 09:52 AM
behave!

Ken McCulloch
21-01-05, 10:08 AM
I'll come along if someone will take me pillion
You're welcome to the pillion of the VFR Drew, but it might not suit your image. You would look lovely in a cardigan with a pipe and comfy slippers (which is apparently what VFR riders are expected to wear) though. :lol:

Anonymous
21-01-05, 07:20 PM
behave!

me? as much chance of me behaving as there is of you leaving 18 year old girlies alone :lol:

Scooby Drew
22-01-05, 07:20 AM
behave!

me? as much chance of me behaving as there is of you leaving 18 year old girlies alone :lol:

It's them who wont leave me alone!

Anonymous
22-01-05, 12:28 PM
behave!

aw poor you, needing to borrow a big stick for beating them off :lol: I dont need it any more :cry: :wink:

carelesschucca
22-01-05, 01:55 PM
behave!

aw poor you, needing to borrow a big stick for beating them off :lol: I dont need it any more :cry: :wink:

so hazel has a problem with 18 yr old girls bothering her... hmmm

Anonymous
22-01-05, 09:18 PM
i might have known one of you would take it the wrong way and i might have known it would be you dean :lol: but i still prefer young boys myself :lol: but definitely behaving these days :twisted:

northwind
22-01-05, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I'd heard that Dean takes it the wrong way too- still, who am I to judge? :)

gavhogg
22-01-05, 10:01 PM
Good to see nowts changed, and your all still slagging each other at every opportunity :D :wink:

Just taxed the bike, so weather permitting count me in!

carelesschucca
22-01-05, 11:49 PM
I ain't going anywhere if WP don't come up with the goods...

Oh and I take it all ways, is there a wrong way???

MattTheLoony
23-01-05, 11:02 AM
I'll be snowboarding and/or intoxicated at Aviemore that weekend so fraid not.

northwind
23-01-05, 03:28 PM
Still having problems with WP? Not so good...Is your bike already in bits?

scooby2102
23-01-05, 04:56 PM
Ayeee, am up for it, let me know for def if its a goer.

cheers the noo
scooby

Loader
23-01-05, 05:30 PM
hi all if the weather is decent count me in as well

carelesschucca
23-01-05, 08:04 PM
Still having problems with WP? Not so good...Is your bike already in bits?

aye, bike wheels are all over garage forks are lying on the work bench... I'm almost tempted to send the forks to ESP to get em re-laquered (can't spell)...

only take about an hour to put back together... Oh I've got a scottoiler half fitted and can't finish that till Gericke get me Hooks and bobbins that I ordered a while back... I'm not doing well with goods that I've ordered recently...

Then again I never have, the Leo Vince end can took 3 months to arrive and it only lasted 3 as I binned the bike at Knockhill... It runs in the family...

Please everyone keep your fingers crossed for me, and the cookies will arrive

northwind
23-01-05, 10:47 PM
Oh dear :)

scooby2102
27-01-05, 11:25 PM
So lads & lassies, is it still on for the 5th Feb ??????????????????????

I will def make it if its a goer, dont really care about the weather, am totally itchin to get wee suzi out (last day out on her was sept), poor wee beggar has been totally neglected although will def be out with ma baby this weekend.

Let me know
scooby

Dirty Baz
28-01-05, 03:44 PM
still up for the run (especiall for the chips in St Andrews!!!)

so what's the plans?? are westies meeting up first? Glasgow HG or Balloch McDonald perhaps?

Anonymous
28-01-05, 03:51 PM
im happy to meet up first. balloch suits me as ive to get babysitter and she cant get out of her bed and get here before 9am so i could meet any westies at 930 at balloch macdonalds or 10 am at stirling services or just meet at kinross services whatever suits.

:lol:

carelesschucca
28-01-05, 05:25 PM
I'll go for the stirling option, whats the Hot choc like there!!!

Anonymous
28-01-05, 05:31 PM
I'll go for the stirling option, whats the Hot choc like there!!!

lovely whipped cream too :lol: about a 7/10 but st andrews has the 9.5/10 one with marshmallows, cream, flake and maltezers :twisted:

Scooby Drew
29-01-05, 03:16 PM
Was back on the bike on Tuesday so will probably join you all. Not if the roads are slippery as I might be in trouble if I have to get off in a hurry and I have had it sideways through town three times today cos the roads are just rubbish at the moment.

Tigerrrr.......
31-01-05, 01:05 PM
Sideways three times?

How about slowing down and riding sensibly???

Can you do that, Scooby?

Grrr...

Scooby Drew
31-01-05, 01:25 PM
Duncan you should try riding your bike instead of passing comment on those who do. If you actually had ever ridden a bike through town in the wet you would know that slipping the clutch in first is going to do that. Nothing to do do with speed...

Where are the Easties going to meet? Shell Garage in Maybury (or wherever that place is)

Cronos
31-01-05, 01:53 PM
How about meeting at your brother's place off Leith Walk? Can't remember the name of the street - Iona Street perhaps? It gives us a chance to get a coffee to kickstart us before we head off.

I've got to get my chain replaced and provided that's done this week then I' be there.

Scooby Drew
31-01-05, 05:24 PM
My brother shut up shop a while ago so that is no can do. Next idea...

Cronos
31-01-05, 05:31 PM
I guess then the Shell garage at Maybury is as good a place as any. I'll just have to learn to boil a kettle myself!

Scooby Drew
31-01-05, 05:36 PM
I'll just have to learn to boil a kettle myself!

You mean your mom still wakes you up with a cuppa?

Anonymous
31-01-05, 05:44 PM
dont want to even think what cronos wakes up with :lol:

Cronos
31-01-05, 05:45 PM
dont want to even think what cronos wakes up with :lol:

:oops:

Sometimes even I don't want to think about it! :lol:

jungleboy
31-01-05, 08:26 PM
Grrr

My trusty steed hasn't been the same since I got her back from the garage after my last little incident. No matter how much I reduced the idle speed it wouldn't remain constant and ended up at about 3k once the engine had a chance to warm up. :cry:

It now won't start and after performing the usual idiot tests, battery, plugs, not sheered bolt which adjusts idle I've had enough and decided it's the garages responsibility to nurse her back to health. In any event I'd just about reached the end of my mechanical expertise. :-k

Anyway- if the problem gets fixed then I'm there with bells on but depends when I get the bike back :cry:

northwind
31-01-05, 09:09 PM
Your choke's buggered, I reckon. That's assuming it's a carbed bike :)

jungleboy
31-01-05, 10:02 PM
Your assumption is correct. Could very well be choke-hadn't thought of that..... :idea: ...I'll let you know what the outcome is.

Cheers

northwind
01-02-05, 02:36 PM
Mine did that after I rejetted it, I'd completely knackered the splitter in the choke cable so the front pot was jamming full on sometimes. You get corrosion in the carb body sometimes as well, or the springs can snap. I've had all 3 :evil:

Loader
01-02-05, 05:41 PM
Hi all
Had a look at the weather forecast for Saturday it aint looking to promising they have even forecast snow.

P.S Gav if the weather does hold do you wnat to meet up on Granton road somewhere, then head off to the shell garage.

Loader

Cronos
03-02-05, 03:34 PM
Right, new chain & sprocket so I'm raring to go.

What time at the Shell for the easties?

Scooby Drew
03-02-05, 05:28 PM
What time @ Kinross? I'd give it an hour beforehand cos of sh^te weather, roadworks, stupidity etc.

carelesschucca
03-02-05, 08:03 PM
10 am at Stirling so about 11 at Kinross, I've gotta say this is more about the getting together and gabbing that the ride... having said that I've just fitted My WP Springs (came today at last) and I'm serriously wanting to go mental... they seem about twice as stiff as the old springs (just bouncing the forks sitting on the bike)

northwind
03-02-05, 11:28 PM
At last!

I like that Drew just says "cos of stupidity" and doesn't pin down whose the stupidity'll be-keep your options open!

carelesschucca
04-02-05, 12:41 AM
c'moan we're all as daft as a brush. stupidity comes into it, so does alcohol as always... I like alcohol... notthat I can spell it... see you all on saturday (well If the Tart get her rubber that is) i'm doing ot again posting while I',m drunk on a schol night... drink on school nights if bad!!!

See you all on saturdat for a sobering ocassion...

Cronos
04-02-05, 08:38 AM
At last!

I like that Drew just says "cos of stupidity" and doesn't pin down whose the stupidity'll be-keep your options open!

Plenty of candidates!

I'll keep my keys on a piece of string, tied round my neck tomorrow! :oops:

Cronos
04-02-05, 08:39 AM
c'moan we're all as daft as a brush. stupidity comes into it, so does alcohol as always... I like alcohol... notthat I can spell it... see you all on saturday (well If the Tart get her rubber that is) i'm doing ot again posting while I',m drunk on a schol night... drink on school nights if bad!!!

If you hadn't told us, we'd never have guessed! :lol:

Cronos
04-02-05, 08:46 AM
Meeting Points

09:30 McDonalds, Balloch

10:00 Stirling Services

10:00 Shell Petrol Station @ Maybury, Edinburgh

11:00 Kinross

Roll Call

Nutty Tart
Cronos
Blue Flame
carelesschucca
Scooby Drew (not riding pillion on Ken's VFR)
Dirty Baz
scooby2102
gavhogg (weather permitting)
Loader (weather permitting)
weemo (maybe)
jungleboy (maybe)

Dirty Baz
04-02-05, 09:48 AM
:oops: sorry, forgive the ignorance (or is that stupidity?) of yoof but what services at Stirling are we talking about??

is it the one's before the kindcardine bridge that we've met at before?? if not can someone confirm what road and junction they're on please?

looking forward to it!

Ken McCulloch
04-02-05, 11:26 AM
- may not actually make it. My brother is visiting from Oz and we may be doing something family-oriented. Take care in the rain and sleet tomorrow peeps.

northwind
04-02-05, 04:32 PM

Careful with that, if you sit up in the saddle you'll choke yourself :shock:

Anonymous
04-02-05, 04:47 PM

Careful with that, if you sit up in the saddle you'll choke yourself :shock:

yeah and how we would laff.

got new tyres today so taking it nice and easy in the snow tomorrow :shock: also got new mirrors fitted with wee indicators on them, indicators are good mirrors are kind of wee so if you are behind me i wont see you - no change there cronos :lol:

Blue Flame
04-02-05, 05:17 PM
Nutty

Where did you get your tyres and how much? I've been pricing tyres as my back one is getting like me (round & bald :oops: )

Anonymous
04-02-05, 05:24 PM
clyde motorcycles in alexandria £216 for a set fitted. think crieff is cheaper though :lol:

you getting a new head too as its round and bald as well :lol:

Anonymous
04-02-05, 05:26 PM
:oops: sorry, forgive the ignorance (or is that stupidity?) of yoof but what services at Stirling are we talking about??

is it the one's before the kindcardine bridge that we've met at before?? if not can someone confirm what road and junction they're on please?

looking forward to it!

its the main stirling services off the m8 or m9. i come along stirling straights on to motorway towards kincardine bridge and turn off its on a big roundabout

Blue Flame
04-02-05, 05:52 PM
you getting a new head too as its round and bald as well :lol:
:shock: :wink:

I can get BT010 or 014's for £195 fitted at Scott Murray Motorcycles in Dunfermline. Might go for that. :?

Dirty Baz
04-02-05, 06:03 PM
I know the services you mean, off the BIG roundabout!! thanks. :lol:

weather looks terrible by the way!! :cry:

BIG Al
04-02-05, 06:56 PM
This is usally quite an accurate weather forcast [/url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/whereilive/yourarea[/url] (don't quote me) I used it all summer with good results (erm, that's when the trees have leaves..summer..in case you were wondering.) I'd love to join you guys tomorrow but I don't think I'll have my bike back together by then. Also just got new tyres today Michellin pilots...hope they're as at least half as good as Rossi's track versions, I need all the confidence i can get.
Anyway have fun guys n girls and ride safe. Al'

carelesschucca
04-02-05, 11:31 PM
SUNSHINE AND 7oC FORCAST SOUNDS GOOD FOR THIS TIME OF YEAR!!! SEE VERYBODY TOMORROW!!!

carelesschucca
05-02-05, 08:18 AM
anyone coming out to play???

Blue Flame
05-02-05, 08:24 AM
Well I live 4 miles south of Kinross Services and so far it it is not raining and the clouds are light (...ish)!! :P

scooby2102
05-02-05, 09:10 AM
Soonds mintit, will be leaving around 10 so please wait on me till I get to Kinross, usually takes me just over an hour.

See you all there.

cheers
scooby

gavhogg
05-02-05, 10:06 AM
Sorry guys, I won't be able to make it today. I had one to many beers after work yesterday and I'm suffering for it now. :(

If the weather holds, I might venture out later on.

Have a good run, and ride safe.

Gav

Dirty Baz
05-02-05, 04:58 PM
Great wee run chaps, decent weather too!. I ended up on the back road to Dollar, then the heavens opened up!! Anyone else get caught in that rain???? :shock: I had to stop at the services and have a couple of cigs until it stopped a bit.

See you all again soon (dying for another run already!!)

ps, Cronos, say hello to Scott Stewart when he starts in your work (Barry from Scot Prov Underwriting). Small world eh?

Blue Flame
05-02-05, 05:43 PM
Posted some pics on a new thread.

Click Here (http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=18033)

Anonymous
05-02-05, 06:26 PM
Great wee run chaps, decent weather too!. I ended up on the back road to Dollar, then the heavens opened up!! Anyone else get caught in that rain???? :shock: I had to stop at the services and have a couple of cigs until it stopped a bit.

See you all again soon (dying for another run already!!)

ps, Cronos, say hello to Scott Stewart when he starts in your work (Barry from Scot Prov Underwriting). Small world eh?

yup got caught in the rain too baz then the sun came out, rain started again and sun again started raining when i got to balloch. leathers are a bit soggy now :lol:

jungleboy
05-02-05, 09:58 PM
Sorry I missed that one guys. Cold as hell but everyone's still smiling (must be the ice cream). Hopefully there'll be another outing soon though.

However, the bike is now back on the road and I spent this afternoon showing my appreciation with new oil and struggling to put the lowers back on.

Problem seemed to be fuel was just getting dumped on plugs which ended up saturated. Anyway, problem now sorted- it seems!

Great day for a ride. Obviously took the very long way back from the garage this morning. Bit annoyed at not managing to make it up to St Andrews though.

carelesschucca
06-02-05, 12:02 PM
I missed the rain, i was lucky and kinda skirted round it as I went over the Kinkardine bridge...

scooby2102
07-02-05, 12:32 AM
Thanks for the day out, really enjoyed it.

Never saw any rain on the way home, just took my time and got home eventually.

Even managed to wash the bike today, now gleaming.

Whens the next outing ?

cheers
scooby2102

Anonymous
07-02-05, 06:12 PM
usually 1st sat and 3rd sunday of the month so should be about 2 weeks time :lol: