PDA

View Full Version : ABBA or NWS?

Nutkins
19-01-05, 02:47 PM
Abba superbike stand or NWS ulti pro stand? Any preference?

Normally similar prices (although NWS has a 'special' on at the mo, £77 ... could be a deciding factor :wink: ).

Grinch
19-01-05, 02:52 PM
I find the ABBA great.. and can be setup one handed, the NWS unit looks a bit of a pain to setup. I love my Abba... it great... Super trooper... sorry.. lost it there.. :o

ronlarimer
19-01-05, 02:53 PM
Its not one of your choices (and you may not even be able ot get one there, we can't get ABBA stands in the states) but I like my forward handled Pit Bull stand...

http://www.ronlarimer.com/video/pitbull.mpg

I made that video yesterday for a US board, so I thought I would share.

Nutkins
19-01-05, 03:00 PM
ronlarimer wrote:Its not one of your choices (and you may not even be able ot get one there, we can't get ABBA stands in the states) but I like my forward handled Pit Bull stand... .

I've seen Pit Bull stands somewhere over here .... nice and simple design.

Iansv
19-01-05, 04:15 PM
I've got an abba, tis great.... heard good things about the nws one too tho, think sidsquid has one

Patch
19-01-05, 06:07 PM
OK I can speak from experience on this as I have both.

The first I bought was the NWS and its a great product, easy to use, quite possibly more versitile than the Abba as the swing arm fitting is generic but this does mean that it takes a bit more fiddling to get it right.

The NWS relies on foot power to raise the stand and this is OK but if ou get a heavy bike it takes a lot of shredded wheat, it may be better with their optional handle. The rear support adds a bit of comfort that it won't all come tumbling down.

The Abba is a far neater solution to the NWS. The finish is excellent and the "handle" operation is sweet, very easy to get the bike up. The fitting kits are specific to the bike and do cost a bit so you need to consider this if you are planning on changing but the bike feels much more secure on the abba.

Why do I have both? well I had the NWS foirst and the cross bar is much longer than the Abba and when I bought an elevating bike lift the NWS wouldn't fit so I wound up with the Abba as well.

The rality is they are both great products and either will serve you well.

Nutkins
20-01-05, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the feed back. :thumbsup: