PDA

View Full Version : Squires Bikers Cafe

Moo
19-01-05, 11:49 PM
For those who don't know where it is heres the link to the web site.

www.squires-cafe.co.uk

Cloggsy
04-03-05, 04:54 PM
Nice place this :wink:

Stormspiel
27-04-05, 09:20 AM
:lol: Squires milk bars my home from home. Nice roads leading up to it. not too many noddies, and tons of gorgeous bikes. The speedstyle shop aint bad either, if they haven't got what you want they'll order it for you.

Anonymous
04-05-05, 08:20 PM
Not a bad place, coffees a bit dodgy and over priced - the pasties are great if you want the next day off work too...

I used to go up here all the time, before Harrys son, Jason jumped on me and assaulted me, as he was under the impression that it was me that set the fire alarm off during a live performance of a band. It wasnt me, but as he jumped me, my two friends dragged him off me and gave him a swift slap about :lol: ... Harry took umbrage to this and banned me and a few others for life. :(

Not really missing it, still see all my friends, and bikes, and am saving money and my health in the process. :?

Captain Nemo
17-06-05, 08:41 AM
my two friends dragged him off me and gave him a swift slap about :lol: ... Harry took umbrage to this and banned me and a few others for life. :(

and youre surprised that he bared you?

ive know jason since we were kids, someone must have seriously wound him up for him to "jump" someone. he about 5"4 and about 9 stone wet through.....................

Cloggsy
11-09-05, 05:47 PM
Has anyone seen this months RiDE (Oct 2005 :roll:) :?: In the RiDE Power survey its featured quite heavily in the North East section ;)

Anonymous
08-05-06, 03:21 PM
my two friends dragged him off me and gave him a swift slap about :lol: ... Harry took umbrage to this and banned me and a few others for life. :(

and youre surprised that he bared you?

ive know jason since we were kids, someone must have seriously wound him up for him to "jump" someone. he about 5"4 and about 9 stone wet through.....................

Like i say, I didnt do anything. He jumped me, pushing me to the floor and demolishing a table in the process, was about to take a fist to me when my friends pulled him off. Harry, or rather, Sue lost her rag and barred us all. Apparently Harry is alright about it now, but its Sue who wears the trousers in that relationship.

Some one did do something to wind him up - there was a concert on, meat loaf tribute band, some one set the fire alarm off causing it to be abandoned, as Jason doesnt like me, he thought it was perfect opporunity to pick a fight.

So if you've known Jason - chances are you'll have known Costal Col?

kitten
09-05-06, 01:48 PM
never been tho hope to someday soon :D

Cloggsy
09-05-06, 01:55 PM
never been tho hope to someday soon :D

It ain't that far away from Leeds either :!:

kitten
09-05-06, 03:19 PM
i know i know, but i work weekends and have oly lived here a matter of months (the fact that it was 9 of em is not the point ;) lols)

Whitty
09-05-06, 09:18 PM
Get yourself down any evening when its nice weather and its busy,Wednesday nights got to be a nightmare last year.So busy you could not get in carpark on two visits all way from halifax :x

pastysteve
04-04-07, 07:35 PM
cafe aint ehat it used to be,everything is over priced and food aint what it used to be alrite to go there now and again tho,just to see all the different bikes there.

Captain Nemo
07-04-07, 11:26 AM
wellits just been sold,

new owners took over 26th April, so maybea bit of new blood will shake thing up, the last owners have been trying too sell for 2 yrs,so theyveput no investment in.

foods always been $hite though to be fair.

Luckypants
07-04-07, 01:54 PM
Yep the food at the old Squires was rubbish. Not been to the new one, cos we moved away.

The tea was always good and 'no cars' car park was ace! :D

Cloggsy
07-04-07, 09:23 PM
wellits just been sold,

new owners took over 26th April, so maybea bit of new blood will shake thing up, the last owners have been trying too sell for 2 yrs,so theyveput no investment in.

foods always been $hite though to be fair.

I knew it was up for sale, but didn't know it had sold... It was on the market for Circa £2M! 8-[ Wonder how much it sold for in the end???

Must pay a visit now it is under new management & see what (if anything,) has changed... :cool:

Stormspiel
24-04-07, 11:25 AM
Jason told my mate it went for around £2.2M..

Part of the deal though is that Jason is kept on as manager and his mum is kept on in the kitchen as cook.

To be honest the only thing that's changed to press is the shops doubled in size and has the satelite shop inside it now.

Still been packed every wednesday for the last few weeks, was absolutely chocka last week :rave:

Captain Nemo
25-04-07, 10:05 AM
id didnt go for anything near £2.2m, a long way short.

and from what ive been told, jason and his mum are only stopping on until the new folks get fully up to speed, in fact his mums already stopped doing most of the cooking, and jason cant wait to get out of tere and spend his share,
initial impressions arent good, theyve a lot of new staff and some of the more experiemced ones have gone, its still taking ages for the teas, and now the little huts not as fast as usual because they dont have young vicky running it, and shes prob the best one.
its been bought by local landowners and business men, none wi thcatering experience from what i can gather, purely money making exercise, would have been better if a company wit this kind of exper had bought it, at least it stays a biker cafe, but then that was part of the caveat when i t was sold, and its a listed site, something about an old farm there originally, so it cant be turned over to houseing anyway, well not yet, but you know how these things work..................
someone hasnt paid 1.6 mill for a run down old pub selling tea and coffee...............

danf1234
25-04-07, 05:21 PM
Jason told my mate it went for around £2.2M..

Part of the deal though is that Jason is kept on as manager and his mum is kept on in the kitchen as cook.

To be honest the only thing that's changed to press is the shops doubled in size and has the satelite shop inside it now.

Still been packed every wednesday for the last few weeks, was absolutely chocka last week :rave:

Was there last Weds and I thought that Satellite shop was really wierd and out of place.

Defender
16-06-07, 08:43 AM
Coffee is overpriced and horrible. I poured a cup away into a plant some weeks ago and the plant has died since ;)

Thing is, there's no where else which takes you 15mins to get to from where I live and there's always plenty of bikers to chat with.

You don't have to partake of the food or drinks and from what I have seen many bikers don't seem to buy anything.

dizzyblonde
16-06-07, 11:15 AM
been there a couple of times since new owners took over. hiked up the prices it appears for their tea and coffee. hope it don't go downhill because of some money maker extroadinaire. its a long way from halifax for a cup of tea but i kinda like it there. my mates got married there a couple of years ago and we really enjoyed it.

Defender
24-06-07, 05:26 PM
I forgot to say on the 16th June, there's some great bikers and you can spend hours chatting away ;)

Whitty
09-09-07, 04:06 PM
Not been on here for ages, reading back explains a lot about the taste of the coffee and the size and quality of the cornish pasties. Have not seen shop selling satellites, do they fit in a ruck sack?;)

Defender
20-02-08, 07:56 PM
Cant believe its 8mths since my last post on this thread.

Well I went to Squires a few weeks ago and it's still the same smelly place it was last June. The good thing about the place is the size of the carpark (bikepark) and the great many bikers who frequent the place.

Found a small cafe in Otley 2 weeks ago just on the right just as you go out of town on Miln Lane just before the bridge. What a dive but they serve bacon butties very quickly!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=otley&sll=54.162434,-3.647461&sspn=14.48548,54.140625&ie=UTF8&ll=53.907903,-1.693697&spn=0.003552,0.013218&z=16

My search for a nice cafe which serves a decent cuppa continues :)

rob13
21-02-08, 05:03 PM
The thing with Squires is, is that its a big place, can fit in a lot of bikes with pretty minimum disruption (keeps everyone off the road) and its pretty central for York/West Yorks bikers to get down to on an evening.

Unfortunately because of its popularity, I dont think they'll make efforts to improve the food/service as they know people will come.

The food is and always has been terrible though

Tim in Belgium
21-02-08, 05:12 PM
Cant believe its 8mths since my last post on this thread.

Found a small cafe in Otley 2 weeks ago just on the right just as you go out of town on Miln Lane just before the bridge. What a dive but they serve bacon butties very quickly!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=otley&sll=54.162434,-3.647461&sspn=14.48548,54.140625&ie=UTF8&ll=53.907903,-1.693697&spn=0.003552,0.013218&z=16

My search for a nice cafe which serves a decent cuppa continues :)

Stopped at that cafe in Otley when I was doing my DAS, tea didn't seem too bad and came in a decent sized mug from what I remember.

getyerkneedown
18-04-08, 12:58 AM
Jason told my mate it went for around ?2.2M..

Haha... Jason as manager! Oh boy. :)

Bet Sue's happy about being stuck in a kitchen as cook. She was always the one who wore the trousers in that relationship. :smt079

Is Jason still there now? Or has he too moved on to pastures new?

Lou M
18-04-08, 07:50 AM
Hang on.... GYKD, are you back? Are you the one and only original GYKD?????????

Lou

getyerkneedown
18-04-08, 01:15 PM
Hang on.... GYKD, are you back? Are you the one and only original GYKD?????????

Lou

Hi Lou,

'tis I, GYKD.

Burried the hatchet with the powers that be and made a grovelling return. Figured it had been a good 2 years since the fall out, plus i'm looking at getting another SV....

:smt041

Defender
19-04-08, 01:25 PM
Jason was there a few weeks ago. I even saw him serve a customer!!!

ThEGr33k
19-04-08, 02:43 PM
Ive been meaning to go here in ages. Might finally make it some time this year... :)

Lou M
21-04-08, 06:23 PM
Hi Lou,

'tis I, GYKD.

Burried the hatchet with the powers that be and made a grovelling return. Figured it had been a good 2 years since the fall out, plus i'm looking at getting another SV....

:smt041

Good to see you back, you may have ridden a bit too close to the edge at times, but you were entertaining!

I thought it was about two years, as I was in my last job when you left.

(Sorry to derail thread-please continue!:smt045)

SV MAT
14-06-08, 03:20 PM
Great place Squires Bikers Café been going years:thumbsup:

lee67
13-05-09, 06:46 PM
been going for last 24 yrs'...there and original place..great atmosphere, ****e drinks and food...doesnt stop me going 3-4 times every week, would be there now but as usual its persisting down:(

lee67
14-05-09, 07:23 PM
been tonight seeing as last night was a wash out....5 bikes at most..then guess what it pished down..grrrrrrrrrrr

Dave20046
14-05-09, 07:26 PM
hehe they don't like the rain :P

Vise
03-08-09, 05:56 PM
Not been to Squires for a couple years, is it worth bobbing over anytime soon?

Dave20046
03-08-09, 06:08 PM
Now's the best time yet, they've just increased the size of their little boys room from 'elbow in the back' to 'swing a cat' and the start of season coppers have cleared off.

Vise
03-08-09, 06:31 PM
Always nice to have that extra space when drainin the tank, I think ill take a wonder over one evening

Dave20046
03-08-09, 06:51 PM
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=135725
A few of us sometimes go on a wednesday, thread above.

eval k-neil
09-08-09, 06:15 PM
Saw a lovely pointy in rizla coulours at Squires this morning, does it belong to anyone on here?

Rick K
03-08-10, 09:03 PM
Saw a lovely pointy in rizla coulours at Squires this morning, does it belong to anyone on here?

I saw that one a couple of Saturdays ago, looked sweet.

Just a word of warning regarding Squires and Police. I popped over a week or so back, on a Saturday, late afternoon because I thought the chances of seeing plod would be lower and I ended up spotting an unmarked black 5 series BMW police car. He was on the A162 just North of Brotherton which must be less than 5 miles from the cafe.

He pulled out of an unclassified road leading to Burton Salmon right in front of me and I imagine they probably sit in there quite a bit. I reckon the officer had heard me approaching so pulled out in front of me. He seemed to be baiting me into an overtake initially, driving way below the limit then he nailed it but I thankfully spotted the uniforn in the nick of time and dropped back.