PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday night on the 26th

sexysi
20-01-05, 12:44 PM
Anyone about, I will try and get down to one of the bloody meets, what with training courses, funerals, wife being ill, kids playing up (Both at school now!). So to this end I will try my dammed hardest to get down.
Remember my mate MATT, You know the one, with a Black and Green Hornet! Well he wants to come down and have a race with us Selkenters now, now he has a twin. Reckons he can beat us all as well :shock:
sexysi

Iansv
20-01-05, 12:48 PM
the psycho copper from the coast run?

Viney
20-01-05, 12:51 PM
I'll be there :D

sexysi
20-01-05, 01:01 PM
the psycho copper from the coast run?
That's right however he is now riding a bright Yellow 748, I like it I want one, bit hard on the nuts when you brake hard though, but what a machine!!!!!!!!!!!
sexysi

Iansv
20-01-05, 01:03 PM
mmmmmmmm 748 Yum would rather have a 749 dark tho

anyway to answer the post nah i won't be coming...... but hope to see you all again soon ish

Anonymous
20-01-05, 01:45 PM
will be there probably on the cb aarrghh.... though what state of respray it will in by then who knows :roll: :lol: :lol:

sexysi
20-01-05, 02:01 PM
will be there probably on the cb aarrghh.... though what state of respray it will in by then who knows :roll: :lol: :lol:
owwwwwwwww, there is a ghost, sorry guest. I take it this is Lynw Hi
sexysi

lynw
20-01-05, 02:21 PM
how can you tell its me??!! :lol:

yeah funny it let me post as guest here but on the idle banter reply it made me log in.. :shock:

Kate
20-01-05, 02:38 PM
I should be around, but I'll be in my car.....

Flamin_Squirrel
20-01-05, 03:28 PM
...but I'll be in my car.....

I'm sure Viney won't complain :lol:

Kate
20-01-05, 03:40 PM

Lol, well, it does have the same number of seats as a bike.

Viney
20-01-05, 03:55 PM

I'll moan about anything me. :D Can i do a couple of doughnuts in the car park? And im not talking about Si and Dan ;)

Flamin_Squirrel
20-01-05, 04:02 PM
:lol:

Oh, yes I'll be there.

sexysi
20-01-05, 04:16 PM

I'll moan about anything me. :D Can i do a couple of doughnuts in the car park? And im not talking about Si and Dan ;)
There's me thinking you were getting all sexual again Viney!! :shock: !!
Sorry kate I read you signature, have you lost your licence?, I don't know all these new people I'm feeling scared!!£$£!$%!^%$"£^%
sexysi

Viney
20-01-05, 04:21 PM
Im always sexual about you Si ;)

Kate is scary, she does it on 8 wheels!!!

Kate
20-01-05, 04:28 PM
2 wheels, 4 wheels and 8 wheels.....

I'm not scarey, I'm a cute fluffy kitten I'll have you know!

Unfortunately, I haven't had my licence to loss it yet, got a retest booked in a few weeks.

sexysi
20-01-05, 04:52 PM
Good luck with the test Kate, if you fail, I can always chuck this beast in the back of the Galaxy for you to practice on. :lol: :lol:
The one on the left

http://www.sv650s.org.uk/images/minimoto/mini3.JPG

sexysi

Kate
20-01-05, 04:55 PM
Hey, a bike I won't need to lower!

Treacle
20-01-05, 06:49 PM
Im sure I will show my face if I can get down there. [-o<

Viney
20-01-05, 06:52 PM
Im sure I will show my face if I can get down there. [-o<

Viney taxis may be available

Treacle
20-01-05, 11:57 PM
Hello is that Viney cabs? Yes canI book a cab for sevenoaks please. :wink:

I should be ok but if not it would be very nice. :D

sexysi
21-01-05, 09:58 AM
I 'm sure also that sexysi cabs could be available from Bexleyheath, if the worst comes to the worst! :)
sexysi

Treacle
21-01-05, 06:30 PM
Cheers mate if its not to much of a hassle, saves ian coming all the way over here. I thought you were going down on the bike anyway? :D

Viney
21-01-05, 07:26 PM
Cheers mate if its not to much of a hassle, saves ian coming all the way over here. I thought you were going down on the bike anyway? :D
He is...Cargo net over you and youd be fine

Sid Squid
22-01-05, 09:19 AM
I'll be there about 8-8:30.

coombest
22-01-05, 11:56 AM
Don't know yet... Depends on several things, one of which being vaguely important... I need to get there!!! :roll: :lol:

Anonymous
22-01-05, 03:25 PM
I finish work at 6ish so should make it along. Ill warm the DUke up.......................

Treacle
23-01-05, 05:30 PM
He is...Cargo net over you and youd be fine

Yer in a string vest kinda way. :lol:

TSM
23-01-05, 07:32 PM
Where bouts?

sexysi
23-01-05, 08:41 PM
No probs mate, I can show off my 10gb in-car MP3 Jukebox :wink:
Not much to see actually just a large hard disk unit hidden away, with about 3000 tracks on it.
sexysi

Viney
24-01-05, 10:00 AM
Where bouts?

Riverhead Harvester. On the A25 at, funnily enough, riverhead.

Map (http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=551491&y=155994&z=0&sv=TN13+2EN&st=2&pc=TN13+2EN&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf)

rictus01
24-01-05, 10:27 AM
Only another three visits left on the SV for the Selkent meets, this being one of them.

See you there.

Cheers Mark.

lynw
24-01-05, 10:41 AM
yeah... definitely going to be there on a rather metallic greenish/blackish looking cbr.... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

its fun having a bike to rat... if I get bored of the colour I just get the can out and spray it different.... this weeks colour is green - got bored of the blue/gold combo I did last week..... next week possibly purple... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sooooo..... anyone for meeting at the TEXACO GARAGE on CITY ROAD?

6.30ish....

Shinsei Jutsu
24-01-05, 11:04 AM
I can get there at about 5, but I guess that is way too early. I'll try and get down, but knowing me I won't make it. :roll:

coombest
24-01-05, 12:17 PM
Only another three visits left on the SV for the Selkent meets, this being one of them.

See you there.

Cheers Mark.

Oooooh - Hopefully I'll have my bike and be ablr to ride it by then so it may well be the first showing of two new SELKent Trumpets!!

:lol: :lol:

Viney
24-01-05, 12:25 PM
This worries me a bit. Tim, you couldnt even walk straight last time, now your on a bike :shock:

coombest
24-01-05, 12:32 PM
This worries me a bit. Tim, you couldnt even walk straight last time, now your on a bike :shock:

Not quite yet but I *think* that in the next 6 weeks I will be fit enough to ride a bike gently!
I am walking almost normaly now and am receiving Physiotherapy from Brian Simpson (looks after many racers). I am in much less pain than I was in even last week and I have far more strength and movement in both wrists... However, only time will tell!! (I do have a bigger incentive now, though!!!)

coombest
24-01-05, 12:33 PM
I have also been on the back of Ian & his Dad's bikes a few times and have had no major problems. Only my wrists gave me an issue the first time but are a lot better now!! :D

Rider
24-01-05, 12:45 PM
Hi - I'm going to try to make it down too - riding down with Squidy-guy. Hope y'll are well.

Claire

Sid Squid
24-01-05, 05:12 PM
Squidy-guy

:!:

Mr Toad
24-01-05, 06:13 PM
Hi - I'm going to try to make it down too - riding down with Squidy-guy. Hope y'll are well.

Claire

Do you have a description to go with this :twisted: :lol:

Sudoxe
25-01-05, 07:34 AM
I'll be there.

My bike is looking more and more like a couriers bike everyday...now its got handlebar muffs :shock:

Shinsei Jutsu
25-01-05, 08:25 AM
Looks like I'll be down for a little while. Finishing work at 6ish so I'll get there close to 7 I would think.

Viney
25-01-05, 08:39 AM
I'll be there.

My bike is looking more and more like a couriers bike everyday...now its got handlebar muffs :shock:

:shock:

Viney
25-01-05, 08:39 AM

Claire
Itching to go will be pleased :D

Swiss
25-01-05, 08:56 AM
I'm going to be there...........................will that please anybody???????????

Viney
25-01-05, 08:57 AM
I'm going to be there...........................will that please anybody???????????

No

BillyC
25-01-05, 09:09 AM
I'm not going to make this one boys and girls, much to my disappointment - new job etc, so trying to make things easy this week.

Also, bike's rotting in my parents barn at the moment, in desperate need of a full caliper overhaul - anyone want to help me write a graphical guide? :D

svsk2
25-01-05, 06:21 PM
I'll be there to - only to make sure that Swiss get's back to the hospital before curfew. :wink:

TSM
25-01-05, 06:53 PM
what time will you all get there?

For me its about a 30min ride from peckham.

Treacle
25-01-05, 06:58 PM
Cheers Si that would be lovely. TSM people will start turning up at about 7 ish.

Kate
25-01-05, 07:27 PM
Whats the nosh like at the pub?

BillyC
25-01-05, 08:01 PM

The Burger is the cheapest meal on the menu at about £6.95 I think, and it's pretty good!

Just chips is £1 though, also good value, unless you're hungry enough for the burger, which after a cold ride, is very welcome! :D

sexysi
25-01-05, 08:13 PM
Crap
No really alright, cheezy chips are nice, and the burgers you need to eat with a knife and fork, large is the word.
sexysi

Viney
25-01-05, 08:31 PM
Its a harvester :)

I can recomend the Honeycomb Explosion :D

Kate
25-01-05, 08:33 PM
Ahh, sorted. :)

Viney
25-01-05, 08:33 PM
I'm not going to make this one boys and girls, much to my disappointment - new job etc, so trying to make things easy this week.

Also, bike's rotting in my parents barn at the moment, in desperate need of a full caliper overhaul - anyone want to help me write a graphical guide? :D
Bill, can help do it if you want. Bit busy for the next couple of weekends, but dont know how much of a rush you are in. Drop me a line if ya need help

Shinsei Jutsu
26-01-05, 08:37 AM
what time will you all get there?

For me its about a 30min ride from peckham.

I'll be there just before 7 I would think. Doubt I'll be down for very long, but I'll make a show (punch and judy good for everyone?)

lynw
26-01-05, 11:22 AM
ok... leaving work for garage on city road for 6.30... anyone else riding down with me?
if no takers will probably head to croydon to catch up with some mates there before heading to riverhead...

might not stay long this evening... seems I live in the part of kent which got the most snow last night so dont know what its gonna be like later... interesting getting out of my road this morning with a thick layer of snow everywhere :shock:

Shinsei Jutsu
26-01-05, 11:25 AM
I got hit by a blizzard coming off the M25 yesterday. Seemed to have snowed there (top of badgers mount) and no where else! very strange.

Viney
26-01-05, 11:27 AM
I shall try to be there early then to catch the advance party. Get the food in before Swiss turns up.

lynw
26-01-05, 11:36 AM
I can assure you SJ it snowed heavily in most of kent down the M20...

last night wasnt as bad as the night before - that was a blizzard and I dont particularly want to repeat the experience. Was ok last night probably because it just started to snow when Id got home - just kept looking out the window at the snow, then the bike, then the snow then the bike and thinking... train would be the most sensible option...

so Im on the cbaarrggh this evening.... :roll: :lol:

TSM
26-01-05, 11:43 AM
any1 passing through south london, lewisham etc....

Viney
26-01-05, 11:48 AM
Yep, sadly i'll be in my car :D Look out for a blue P plate volvo

sexysi
26-01-05, 12:07 PM
What's the Selkent's car meet, :lol: actually I will be in Me Ford Galaxy as well, I have a good reason, picking up Treacle. Nothing to do with the cold weather and all that :wink:
sexysi

Shinsei Jutsu
26-01-05, 12:16 PM
Yep, sadly i'll be in my car :D Look out for a blue P plate volvo

Surely that should be listen out for..... you chav! :wink:

lynw
26-01-05, 02:10 PM
Ok... Im leaving at 5.30 for Croydon if noone tells me they want to meet city garage at 6.30....

and Im probably staying until around 9ish... bbc weather says its going to snow again in Ashford between 9pm and midnight and continue until around 3am.... :shock:

oh goody... more fun getting in tomorrow... just gonna phone in, have a lie in and go in for lunch when its thawed a bit... there are days when its good to be a civil servant - dont think Id get away with this anywhere else :lol:

Sudoxe
26-01-05, 02:12 PM
I might drive down in the beemer now...just to spite you...

TSM im just off bromley hill...

Dan

lynw
26-01-05, 02:17 PM
:shock: Am I going to be the only one on a bike? :shock:

I know Im certifiable but its not that bad out there really... or maybe Im just used to it now... :?

Shinsei Jutsu
26-01-05, 02:21 PM
I'll be on bike. :D

rictus01
26-01-05, 02:55 PM
:shock: Am I going to be the only one on a bike? :shock:

I know Im certifiable but its not that bad out there really... or maybe Im just used to it now... :?

NO.

TSM
26-01-05, 03:41 PM

Dan

If it is to follow a car, no. But if you are on ya bike i might be convinced to follow.

Shinsei Jutsu
26-01-05, 04:02 PM
TSM, I like it when you post, love the avatar!! :lol:

Kate
26-01-05, 04:04 PM
I'm still planning to appear tonight, and should be around 7ish. Can't stay too long as I have to get up and start driving about 5am tomorrow :(

TSM
26-01-05, 04:05 PM

what do you think of the new one

Shinsei Jutsu
26-01-05, 04:14 PM

what do you think of the new one =P~ she's great ain't she!!

lynw
26-01-05, 05:01 PM
oh well... now gotta work late.. :evil: why cant people send faxes properly? youd think if they want their money back theyd get it right :roll:

so to confuse matters further it means leaving Islington around 6.30. TSM can cut down via south circ/catford if you want to meet up...?

Anonymous
26-01-05, 05:17 PM

Dan

If it is to follow a car, no. But if you are on ya bike i might be convinced to follow.
After 2hrs sat in traffic in the car...ill be on the bike :)

Sudoxe
26-01-05, 05:26 PM
:stupid:
Hmm we need one that says I am stupid....

lynw
26-01-05, 05:29 PM
presuming that be you then Dan?

im intrigued now.. we can post as guest on this part of the forum but not idle banter - have to log in for that... why? anyone... ?

coombest
26-01-05, 05:31 PM
presuming that be you then Dan?

im intrigued now.. we can post as guest on this part of the forum but not idle banter - have to log in for that... why? anyone... ?

I believe it's something to do with encouraging new members and non-forum members to participate in rideouts, etc.

Or something like that!! :lol:

Anonymous
26-01-05, 05:34 PM
oh well... now gotta work late.. :evil: why cant people send faxes properly? youd think if they want their money back theyd get it right :roll:

so to confuse matters further it means leaving Islington around 6.30. TSM can cut down via south circ/catford if you want to meet up...?

Hi about 7 at Catford Station not Catford Bridge Station?
Will that be ok?

lynw
26-01-05, 05:40 PM

go into Catford?? I usually chuck a left down past the cemetary to then go right down the dual lane bit to the lights avoiding Catford one way all together...

so technically looking at map I go down verdant lane (past hither green cemetary) turning right onto whitefoot lane, left at the junction into bromley road.... theres a pub just up from that junction opposite the homebase with the pond... meet there??

Ill pm you my mobile... :D

Viney
26-01-05, 06:30 PM

go into Catford?? I usually chuck a left down past the cemetary to then go right down the dual lane bit to the lights avoiding Catford one way all together...

so technically looking at map I go down verdant lane (past hither green cemetary) turning right onto whitefoot lane, left at the junction into bromley road.... theres a pub just up from that junction opposite the homebase with the pond... meet there??

Ill pm you my mobile... :D

You go past my road that way you do. Just as you go along Whitefoot lane, the left immediately after the pedestrian crossing :D

Kate
27-01-05, 09:07 AM
Well, that was good, though still can't put faces to names, will try better next time.

And I made it on the A22 while it was still dry.... :twisted:

rictus01
27-01-05, 09:39 AM
Well, that was good, though still can't put faces to names, will try better next time.

And I made it on the A22 while it was still dry.... :twisted:

Hi Kate, although I didn't get a chance to chat or introduce myself, I'm presuming you we the other lady in attendance last night.

As a regular at both Soho and Selkent, no doubt we'll meet again and I'll try to made more of an effort.

If you're going to Soho on a friday, give me a shout as you'll be coming past me on the way up, and we could perhaps ride in together?

And no I didn't make it back in the dry, more a case of brushing off the frozen crush from the jacket when I got in.

Cheers Mark.

rictus01
27-01-05, 09:42 AM
Just looked at you sig, do I take it you came out last night on a moped or something? or is that old.

Respect.

TSM
27-01-05, 09:50 AM
Just looked at you sig, do I take it you came out last night on a moped or something? or is that old.

Respect.

she was in her S2000 ............... a car a brooom brooooom.

Viney
27-01-05, 09:51 AM

Respect.

She came in/on four wheels mate

rictus01
27-01-05, 10:08 AM
So do I take it she has a test planned?

if so when (and good luck).

Cheers Mark.

Sudoxe
27-01-05, 10:15 AM
Respect.

"Aye" "Init"

:lol:

Before i derail the thread anymore....Kate failed her last test :( but i think shes booked another one...

Dan

Viney
27-01-05, 10:43 AM
I know when it is, but its not for me to share the information. It is soonish though.

lynw
27-01-05, 10:45 AM
Nice to catch up with everyone last night...

TSM sorry your first ride into Riverhead was a lesson in emergency stops and how people want to take out a CBR... :lol: at least they werent aiming for you :lol:

and happy the blizzard I rode through on way home turned to rain some time in the night...

TSM
27-01-05, 11:02 AM
Nice to catch up with everyone last night...

TSM sorry your first ride into Riverhead was a lesson in emergency stops and how people want to take out a CBR... :lol: at least they werent aiming for you :lol:

and happy the blizzard I rode through on way home turned to rain some time in the night...

That fine with me, thanks. Nobody seems to get to near to me, probably it the colour.

Got to work this morning and found that my left footrest had nearly fallen off. Quick out with the allen keys to tighen it up again.

Kate
27-01-05, 02:05 PM
Yes a retest has been booked in a couple of weeks time and I'm waiting patiently, honest.

I made record time last night, roads were lovely.

TSM, did we talk? I know my memory is frankly embarrassing but remind me? Rictus, I need to make an effort too as I believe you were at the Soho meet I turned up to, and managed to miss you then as well!

TSM
27-01-05, 02:14 PM
Yes a retest has been booked in a couple of weeks time and I'm waiting patiently, honest.

TSM, did we talk? I know my memory is frankly embarrassing but remind me? Rictus, I need to make an effort too as I believe you were at the Soho meet I turned up to, and managed to miss you then as well!

I dont think we did, i was sat down by Rictus, Flamin Squrel, lynw and the guy that had all thoes X-rays.

I saw your car in the park when i left, you were talking to Flamin Squrel, I had the bright yellow bike.

rictus01
27-01-05, 02:21 PM

Well good luck in a couple of weeks time, I didn't realise you had been to Soho, but then again the attendance this year has been outstanding.

Come over and (gently) poke me in the ribs or something next time, I don't bit (well only on invitation).

Cheers Mark.

Treacle
27-01-05, 06:44 PM
It was a very good night with a very healthy turn out. Thanks to Si for the taxi service. Nice to see some more fresh faces not that the old ones are horrible of course. O Lynn easy on the chocolate next time. :wink: :lol:

lynw
28-01-05, 05:51 PM
well hopefully I will have a bike for next time... back down to one bike :cry:
(see the thread in Idle banter about my off )

probably be able to ride the SV sometime next week when Ive recovered