PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday night meets at the Peter Boat

sexysi
20-01-05, 01:04 PM
I er when are they starting, I know i'm from Kent, but the occasional ride over to Essex was fun a different, so Mr Moderator, let's have a poll etc.
sexysi

Iansv
20-01-05, 01:05 PM
no idea, they sort of died a death as people stopped coming out regularly, the last few only had a handful of people....

I'm aiming for maybe March to restart them, night will start getting lighter again and not as cold etc etc...

Any other thoughts from anyone ?

jonboy
20-01-05, 01:20 PM
I think Mac was saying that Finchingfield might be a nice new venue and would probably see me attending over the summer.

sexysi
20-01-05, 01:38 PM
Where the hell is F**** field or whatever the name is, is there a streetmap map.
sexysi

Conrad Poons
20-01-05, 01:40 PM
I won't have time to do Finchinfield of an evening...

Ready and willing to go back to the PB as soon as everyone else is....

Anonymous
20-01-05, 02:20 PM
oh yeah, finchingfield real nice place....just imagine emmerdale...you get the picture

pegasus
20-01-05, 02:21 PM
sorry that was me ... forgot to log in

Dicky Ticker
20-01-05, 02:23 PM
I have been having a think and would like to propose the pub at Battlebridge as the new venue It is very well sign posted as it shares the same car park as
the Antique Centre In addition much much more accessable plus it is very central for the hard core that were attending last year, almost in the middle of Chelmsford,Sth Woodham,Basildon, Billiricay,Witham and Saffend ,should be about 10miles trip for all these locations

To get there you just follow the signs A127,A13 A12 A130 ,all these roads have the brown local interest signs pointing you towards it
--------BATTLEBRIDGE ANTIQUE CENTRE[The big building]

P.S. Also some nice little ride outs from there for the summer

Iansv
20-01-05, 02:28 PM
Can have a look at that sometime.... I think I know it...

Finchingfield is ok for rideouts but is a bit far for regular meets for most people really

Dicky Ticker
20-01-05, 02:39 PM
To bet honest Ian I find the P.B. a pain in the ass-------no parking, hard to find for strangers,not the best service and worrying if some plonker in a car is going to knock your bike over.

PLUS++++++++ Battlebridge doesn,t have traffic islands and I,ve never seen the plod there because it isnt frequented by the boy racers

Iansv
20-01-05, 02:44 PM
you can show me where it is next time we are out on a ride and I guess the concensus can decide...

Conrad Poons
20-01-05, 03:44 PM
I know the place. It's probably easier and closer for me to get to too, being 'that bloke what comes from the other direction' (and by that I don't mean it in the same sense as bikage....).

Lovely boozer, good location although (and this may be pointless information) it can take upwards of two hours to get your food on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

Iansv
20-01-05, 03:51 PM
ok well Mark can show me where it is when we are next out and we can check with landlord he's happy for a bunch of hairy bikers to meet there and then i'll stick a poll up to see what people think ? sound fair ?

maybe we could even have one meet at Peter Boat and one elsewhere ? as in alternate venues

Viney
20-01-05, 03:53 PM
Is finchingfield the pace with the pond and the bridge. Yes a very nice place. Bit far for those of us south of the river, However, a great sunday meeting place for lunch an all that.

Looks like i will be putting Doris back on the orad for the time being so looks like i may be back in the sadle.

sexysi
20-01-05, 04:02 PM
I have been having a think and would like to propose the pub at Battlebridge as the new venue It is very well sign posted as it shares the same car park as
the Antique Centre In addition much much more accessable plus it is very central for the hard core that were attending last year, almost in the middle of Chelmsford,Sth Woodham,Basildon, Billiricay,Witham and Saffend ,should be about 10miles trip for all these locations

To get there you just follow the signs A127,A13 A12 A130 ,all these roads have the brown local interest signs pointing you towards it
--------BATTLEBRIDGE ANTIQUE CENTRE[The big building]

P.S. Also some nice little ride outs from there for the summer
I love this 10 miles from all locations, now Bexleyheath, got to be about 30-40miles up there, still would be worth a blast, Actually I don't really care as long as it has a nice beer garden for the summer, pond and ducks sounds quite nice, you see in the summer the wife might come down as well, so needs to be nice :wink:
sexysi

Conrad Poons
20-01-05, 04:07 PM
The pub is called the Barge Inn...

ArtyLady
20-01-05, 05:58 PM
we can check with landlord he's happy for a bunch of hairy bikers to meet there

Im not that hairy :shock: (well - only when I dont shave ) :lol: :lol:

seriously though - I think Battlesbridge would be a great place to meet - I wouldnt go to Leigh very often - I always get lost there!! :roll:

Warren
20-01-05, 06:02 PM
didnt think the PB was that hard to get to - followed conrad the first time and now i know exactly where it is.

but i dont mind, stopped coming to the meets cos i always ended up workin nites or couldnt be bothered when i wasnt.
im sure ill be able to find the new place by my self :) (im getting pretty good at this direction kinda stuff :))

Ping
21-01-05, 03:48 PM
Battlesbridge??? LOL :lol: My bike won't even have a chance to warm up!
:lol:

Conrad Poons
21-01-05, 04:35 PM
It's in the evening too, you sure you'll be awake by then??!! :lol: :wink:

ArtyLady
21-01-05, 05:58 PM
Yes Ping - you could push it there if wont start :wink: :lol: :lol:

30mphmax
21-01-05, 06:25 PM
PB can't be hard to find if Bikage Boy found it!

I am happy for evening ride outs but only when the nights are lighter...

Ping: you could always pick Conrad and Bikage up thus extending the trip and ensuring they don't get lost!

Finchingfield is too far for me of an evening but Leigh/PB (no idea where it is) or Battlesbridge are ok

Warren
21-01-05, 06:46 PM
urr. first time to the PB i followed conrad.

after that i found my own way.

Dicky Ticker
21-01-05, 08:13 PM
I was lost,but now I,m found

RobSV
21-01-05, 09:06 PM
Battlesbridge would suit me fine. Agreed that Finchingfield is a bit far for an evening meet.

Only trouble is I'm a busy boy during the week, and definitely can't do Wednesday nights. Tuesday or Thursday would be better, but I'm sure the day of the week can be put to the vote later on.

Rob

Dicky Ticker
23-01-05, 11:34 AM
ROB, yeh I,m like you Wed isnt exactly clever for me either TBH I would much prefer Tues Still if we leave it till a bit later and we can have a
meet up with every body and find the views of which night and where

A good point of changing to a Tues would be that it doesn,t clash with Selkent if we wanted to interchange visits

Iansv
23-01-05, 01:38 PM
Tuesday would be fine with me too, but we can put it to the vote at a later date.....

We'll keep the week switching with selkent in place so there is either a kent or essex one every week I think is best

ArtyLady
23-01-05, 02:12 PM
I have my orchestra group (flute - in case you wondered :wink: ) on Tuesday nights (term time) Wednesdays is Bentley night - I think Friday would be a really good night :?: :)

K
23-01-05, 05:05 PM
Hey, if it's a Friday I could even pop down (and get Ping out at the same time)!

Dicky Ticker
23-01-05, 08:16 PM
I think there is a lot to be discussed with so may different ideas and I know we can,t please all the people all the time but it is good that people are throwing ideas into the pot -----please keep them coming. At some
later date perhaps we can have a meeting of interested parties when we can sieve these ideas and then raise a poll for general concordance

sexysi
23-01-05, 08:43 PM
How about one meeting every year on the 29th Feb :lol:
sexysi
Just throwing an idea in :wink:

Dicky Ticker
23-01-05, 08:52 PM
NO NO NO That would be to regular 29th Feb every fourth year

WE COOK BY GAS IN ESSEX :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iansv
23-01-05, 08:56 PM
well can pretty much rule out fridays as it'll clash with soho and I know some of us are planning on attending odd soho meets in the summer

ArtyLady
23-01-05, 10:24 PM
yes but we could all go to Soho together once in a while aswell :D

Warren
23-01-05, 11:52 PM
ok, since were all avalible different days, why not
1st meet monday
2nd meet tues
3rd meet wed
ect ect. might be a bit of a pain . . . . but it will prob work out fairer for others.

another point about friday nite . its gonna be jam packet anywhere near southend on a friday nite.

imagine all the p*ss heads trying to sit on our bikes.

Dicky Ticker
24-01-05, 08:17 PM
JUST A QUESTION Is Essex to accomodate the Essex Bikers or does it have to fit round Soho and Selkent after all as much as it is nice to go to the other meets surely the decision should be for the Essex benefit and then if you fancy a change some week that is the individuals perogative
We seem to be getting away from the main agenda irrespective of when the others meet,when do we want to meet and where
Sorry if that seems a bit blunt but we could be going round the houses for ever trying to fit in all options
With regard to the Southend point that is one of the reasons to stay away from the area so as not to get embroiled with the crazy goings on,pick someplace away from the mad asses and we are less likely to have any troubles

ArtyLady
24-01-05, 10:16 PM
JUST A QUESTION Is Essex to accomodate the Essex Bikers or does it have to fit round Soho and Selkent after all as much as it is nice to go to the other meets surely the decision should be for the Essex benefit and then if you fancy a change some week that is the individuals perogative
We seem to be getting away from the main agenda irrespective of when the others meet,when do we want to meet and where
Sorry if that seems a bit blunt but we could be going round the houses for ever trying to fit in all options
With regard to the Southend point that is one of the reasons to stay away from the area so as not to get embroiled with the crazy goings on,pick someplace away from the mad asses and we are less likely to have any troubles

:winner: =D>

Conrad Poons
25-01-05, 10:09 AM
McMaccy is our leader! I'm following him. All hail McMaccy!

Essex first, others second.

Wednesdays at the Barge. Like it or lump it.

Iansv
25-01-05, 10:44 AM
:lol: :lol:

RobSV
25-01-05, 05:29 PM
I agree with mumstoy and Mr MacMcMaccy: Friday at the Barge :)

Also provides a top notch starting point for quick blat to Burnham/Bradwell on a warm summer's evening (I do this anyway - just what you need to unwind after a week at work). See pics if you need further persuasion:

http://img121.exs.cx/img121/6460/bradwell16ir.jpg

http://img121.exs.cx/img121/7132/bradwell25sk.jpg

ArtyLady
25-01-05, 08:19 PM
methinks you are a keen photographer Rob - nice pics :thumbsup:

Dicky Ticker
25-01-05, 08:27 PM
Not that it is of any importance,but,I,ve run aground at that bit

By the way Rob like the COPPER bellypan

Ping
27-01-05, 11:53 AM
Not that it is of any importance,but,I,ve run aground at that bit
KEWL!! Aqua-bike!!! :lol: How can I get mine converted? ;)

pegasus
27-01-05, 02:12 PM
so when's the 1st meet?

Iansv
27-01-05, 03:10 PM
whenever people are gonna start coming again regularly.... gotta decide venue and day yet still tho.....

Conrad Poons
27-01-05, 03:41 PM
Oh for crying out LOUD. It's Sunday evenings at the Windjammer on Canvey.

Iansv
27-01-05, 04:34 PM
Can't we have it in billericay ? :roll:

Conrad Poons
27-01-05, 05:27 PM
How many waterfront pubs are there in Billericay?* Eh?
Honestly....
*folds arms, shakes head*

* I actually know NOTHING about pubs in Billericay so will not fight ANY counter claims that there might be a riverside based public house in that general area.

Iansv
27-01-05, 06:18 PM
what if I put a paddling pool in the carpark ?

Warren
27-01-05, 06:35 PM
elm park anyone ?

we got a lovely pub with a nice car park with tables . . . not far from favourite chicken and a vast selection of fast food outlets.

there are even a few other bikers about the area (chavs on peds)

Dicky Ticker
27-01-05, 07:09 PM
Elm Park isn,t in ESSEX its part of Greater London[Well its in the London
A-Z]
We have to make it a place that is in the middle of Essex not a corner so it is equidistant for most people to travel

Warren
27-01-05, 07:14 PM
Elm Park isn,t in ESSEX its part of Greater London[Well its in the London
A-Z]
We have to make it a place that is in the middle of Essex not a corner so it is equidistant for most people to travel

was joking . . . when you see the pub you will get the joke.

so im not an essex boy ? thats the best news ive heard all year :)

svrunner
27-01-05, 08:34 PM
. . . not far from my favourite chicken

I'm not even going to ask....... :shock: :?

Warren
27-01-05, 10:40 PM
. . . not far from my favourite chicken

I'm not even going to ask....... :shock: :?

:lol:

sexysi
28-01-05, 04:17 PM
1st meet monday
2nd meet tues
3rd meet wed
ect ect. might be a bit of a pain . . . . but it will prob work out fairer for others.

another point about friday nite . its gonna be jam packet anywhere near southend on a friday nite.

So you gonna sort out a time table, like we had a school :lol:
sexysi

Iansv
28-01-05, 04:18 PM
1st meet monday
2nd meet tues
3rd meet wed

So you gonna sort out a time table, like we had a school :lol:
sexysi

Thats the worst possible idea.... I'll sort out a poll next week as to venue and day...