PDA

View Full Version : scorp differences new and old?

goldengraemes
20-01-05, 06:52 PM
called bike dealer today 2 order scorpion pipe and they said they only do an oval stainless,carbon,titanium etc but no round for the k4 so i called scorpion and they said its correct so my question is what is the difference between ealier exhausts and k4? cant wait sexy can coming my way in 10days

will
21-01-05, 04:50 PM
i dont know the answer to the question but i think i have found a cheap-ish place for new scorpion cans, www.seastarsuperbikes.co.uk

prices are on their website, sounds like they have to order them in so will take a week or two for delivery. oval stainless £139, round £99. plus 30 squid for road legal baffle.

The Polarbear
21-01-05, 07:49 PM
Hmm- not bad prices! I am going to Ally Pally next weekend so shall see if there are any Scorpion bargains there first! :)

Nudist
21-01-05, 07:52 PM
called bike dealer today 2 order scorpion pipe and they said they only do an oval stainless,carbon,titanium etc but no round for the k4 so i called scorpion and they said its correct so my question is what is the difference between ealier exhausts and k4? cant wait sexy can coming my way in 10days

The 2k4's and 5's have a 40mm lower subframe, thus making the mounting points different.

goldengraemes
21-01-05, 11:30 PM
cheers.explains the extra dint in my wallet

jump
23-01-05, 12:42 AM
ummm.. i just fitted a brand new round stainless scorpion...so they must have them..?

Nudist
23-01-05, 04:06 PM
cheers.explains the extra dint in my wallet

Products for newer bikes always cost more, higher demand on newer technology.

goldengraemes
23-01-05, 06:13 PM
strange i rang scorpion personally and they said no they changed the exhaust slightly after 2003 whether or not they have just stopped making it or they put an older model/style on yours.argh well got a oval one on the way.if its wrong they'll be murder as ive got 10day wait on it and its all paid 4 :twisted:

Wolfracing
01-02-05, 08:01 AM
Scorpion basically moved a lot of their manufacture to both the Czec Republic and China so I believe went to just oval to make logistics easier but obviously there are still round cans left about the place...

If you must have round then look at Wolf :D , Renegade , Micron etc as BF, Akra, Remus etc now only do oval

A Wolf round stainless will cost just £139 for example