PDA

View Full Version : Sunday23rd Jan Only for the brave and foolish Brrrrrrr!!

Dicky Ticker
22-01-05, 04:09 PM
Weather f/cast cold but dry till 16:00hrs As I will be going out for a little
ride to charge up my battery does anybody else want to meet up for a coffee??????

ArtyLady
22-01-05, 06:50 PM
when and where (I must have my lay in though :roll: :lol: )

Dicky Ticker
23-01-05, 09:30 AM
Your owse, 12noon, have a little ride down to Battlesbridge to sus out suitability of The Barge Inn as a summer meeting place? :roll:

ArtyLady
23-01-05, 02:05 PM
Sorry I wasnt ready - I hadnt read this by the time you came round :roll: hope you had a nice ride anyway :D

Dicky Ticker
23-01-05, 04:22 PM
Weather as predicted Sunny but fff--------g cold[freezing] roads dry went to B/bridge then onto Alconbury and home via Maldon 56miles and now wonder if it is worth the worry of heated grips against the common threat of the flat battery?

ArtyLady
23-01-05, 10:21 PM
wheres Alconbury? :? :) I couldnt ride at all in the winter without heated grips :roll: :D - luckily they dont affect my battery. :D

Dicky Ticker
24-01-05, 08:37 PM
1st--for Alconbury read Althorpe
2nd--Its the first time for aaages that I,ve had cold hands,not realy cold hands more finger tips[seemed fine after I DIPPED THEM IN MY TEA]

RobSV
25-01-05, 05:40 PM
...and now wonder if it is worth the worry of heated grips against the common threat of the flat battery?

I got Oxford Hothands from Infinity for £30. Bargain. See here:

http://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/product.asp?ProductID=16

Arrived in a couple of days and require no permanent mods/damage to the bike to fit them. Just attach with velcro and connect to battery.

Whether they contributed to my flat battery I have no idea. :?

Dicky Ticker
25-01-05, 07:16 PM
Rob That is why I wanting them wired through the ignition,with a secondry on/off switch to eleviate the possibility I dont know if the spare feed on the fuse box is a constant live and as I am no sparks and don,t have a voltmeter[plus the garage is freezing] it will be the old light test
Altrenatively as the lights are on the ignition this could be the required power source without any butchery

RobSV
25-01-05, 10:44 PM
I want mine switched too, but didn't want butchery and couldn't find any easy places to connect to. Reading the forum posts on the subject it seems the rear light wiring is a common place to tap in to. Not quite easy enough for me.

Since my flat battery I always switch them off a fair way before reaching my destination, just to make sure the batt gets a good charge without the extra load. I'm not at all convinced this is necessary, but I do it anyway.