PDA

View Full Version : removed the rear fenda today on my k3 f#@king thing!

kwak zzr
23-01-05, 08:10 PM
what a bitch to remove! i then tryed to make a plate to tidy up the r send of the k3 but failed.i ended up with gaps everywhere and just wasnt happy with the final result,ended up putting it all back and jigsawing the original fenda down to size.i dont look to bad with a small plate on!
has anyone done this surgery to there bikes? if so i would like some tips on how to do mine.
(printed a templale off the hints and tips page but that didnt fit right either) :x

Rune
24-01-05, 01:38 PM
Try a Hamicad fendereliminator. I've got one and it works a treat, it was a little bit fiddly to fit but the instructions were very easy to follow 8) .

Hope this helps :wink:

Mr Toad
24-01-05, 02:35 PM
buy one of these http://www.hamicad.co.uk/SVfender.htm

:D

legin
01-02-05, 03:18 PM
Buy a tail tidy from Crescent Suzuki. Not cheap, but it works and accepts standard winkers, numberplate light and legal size numberplate.

In fact it's how Suzuki should have designed it in the first place!!

Carsick
01-02-05, 11:27 PM
the hamicad takes all of your standard kit as well.

Stef
03-02-05, 01:01 PM
If you're interested, i have a brand new fender eliminator for sale in a few days. You can use your original indicators and numberplate light.

adamfool
07-02-05, 09:58 PM
the indicator brackets on the hamicad look pretty close together, and as i have a nice shiny pair of led indicators with short stalks to go on i think they would be too close together... both for safety and an MOT in a few years time :lol:

CarlSV650
14-02-05, 10:39 PM
Keep it original, you can`t see it whilst you`re riding so why spend money on it?? You could just throw money in the air while riding that would be fun.

Captain Nemo
15-02-05, 10:32 AM
Keep it original, you can`t see it whilst you`re riding so why spend money on it?? You could just throw money in the air while riding that would be fun.

didnt you blow this wad in another forum recently?, people like to tinker, its what makes people different, perhaps we could all wear uniforms so were all the same.

if you think the original fender looks good ive got one you can have , put it on the front of your bike and it will look twice as good :wink:

Carsick
15-02-05, 11:05 AM
I've got two, one from a K3 one from a K4.
The K4 one is actually alot nicer, suzuki obviously got at least a bit of the hint and made it way smaller.
Should fit a K3, for those whole keeping mud off their back but want a smaller fender.