PDA

View Full Version : favourite fast food ?

pegasus
26-01-05, 12:19 PM
whats your favourite fast food?

i like the plain old kfc fillet burger

keithd
26-01-05, 12:22 PM
kfc for me

cheers for that!! bloody starvin now :shock:

Shinsei Jutsu
26-01-05, 12:23 PM
don't do fast food, but I was thinking last night (hear me out here) if you have been enjoying kfc say for many many years, and then you found out that kfc was actually all made from rat would you still eat it? I mean it's no different as you have always been eating it and enjoying it, but would it affect you?

did you actually read that and hear me out? I'm surprised!

fizzwheel
26-01-05, 12:23 PM
Gotta be KFC

or the chicken sandwiches from the keebab shop after serveral drinkies

Raf
26-01-05, 12:24 PM
Jo quiero taco bell!

Kate
KFC Twister meal. With popcorn chicken. Damn, now I'm hungry.

keithd
don't do fast food, but I was thinking last night (hear me out here) if you have been enjoying kfc say for many many years, and then you found out that kfc was actually all made from rat would you still eat it? I mean it's no different as you have always been eating it and enjoying it, but would it affect you?

wtf are you on about?

is it then? no. well hush my child 8)

Scoobs
26-01-05, 12:25 PM
I'm like Shin! Don't do fast food, but have been known to surcome (sp) to a nice bit of cod and chips.

Shinsei Jutsu
26-01-05, 12:26 PM

wtf are you on about?

is it then? no. well hush my child 8)

couldn't sleep, thought about strange things, had very strange dreams....and I'm not your child (I hope) :D

Carsick
26-01-05, 12:28 PM
Occasional KFC when I'm doing long trips and need nourishment at a service station is pretty much all the mainstream fast food I'll eat.
Chicken sandwidth or a doner after a few pints can't be beaten, though.

Amanda M
I try not to eat that sort of crap but if I really have to it's got to be KFC, even if it is rat it tastes nice.

Grinch
I'd rather have haggis and chips, though a nice bit of Cod will do.
Try Osprey's in Albert Road, they do a lovely bit of haggis.

Tara
26-01-05, 12:29 PM
KFC i think for me

pegasus
26-01-05, 12:29 PM
Jo quiero taco bell!

jeez taco bell .SUPERB. cant get them in this country though can you?

Shinsei Jutsu
26-01-05, 12:30 PM
Jo quiero taco bell!

jeez taco bell .SUPERB. cant get them in this country though can you?

There's one in Surrey quays next to the cinema I think. they should be around.

keithd
wimpey do a good sauce inside their burgers :twisted:

Scoobs

Really?

I'll have to give that one a go!

Do they deliver?

No! Just fish!

Thank you! My names Peter Kaye!

Goodnight!

What's that? Taxi for Scoobs you say!

Cronos
26-01-05, 12:34 PM
Don't really do fast food.... can't stand McDs, BK, KFC, etc but will eat a decent haddock supper from the highly acclaimed L'Alba Doro in Henderson Row.

wyrdness
26-01-05, 12:37 PM
I'm like Shin! Don't do fast food, but have been known to surcome (sp) to a nice bit of cod and chips.

Same here. I won't eat McD, KFC or BK. I do like good fish'n'chips now and then though.

Grinch
26-01-05, 12:38 PM

Really?

I'll have to give that one a go!

Do they deliver?

No! Just fish!

Thank you! My names Peter Kaye!

Goodnight!

What's that? Taxi for Scoobs you say!

lol... Garlic Bread!.....

Raf
26-01-05, 12:52 PM
L'Alba Doro in Henderson Row.

Ohh man! I miss that place... :(

Viney
26-01-05, 12:55 PM
I do like my fried chicken.

Im off of BK and Maccy D's.

Spiderman
26-01-05, 01:01 PM
Jo quiero taco bell!

Jo tambien!

There used to be one in Wembly of all places and i used to go out my way to get a munch from there.
then a couple of years ago i went thru Wembly and remembered just in time to look up and see it had gone :(

Why in Wembly i never understood, its not like there is a big taco eating community there is there?

But yeh KFC... even if it is a super breed with no legs or beak and massive brest. if i gotta eat junk at least its chicken and thats healthy. Well healthier than HAMburgers made from BEEF. :roll:

<off to search for a Taco Bell in london... oh God of Google help me please>

Nutkins
26-01-05, 01:02 PM
Viney wrote:I do like my fried chicken.

Im off of BK and Maccy D's.

I like chicken ..... that's why I don't go to BK and Maccy D's.

Rider
26-01-05, 01:16 PM
Big tasty at McDo - at least once a month. Fantastic.

ps never tried kfc

Jabba
26-01-05, 01:23 PM
What? No Doner Kebab option? :shock:

M65
26-01-05, 01:26 PM
KFC rules. Its the tastiest and the only one that fills you up.

mysteryjimbo
26-01-05, 01:35 PM
KFC for me.

Last time i had a McDonalds i read how many calories are in a single meal........ 500 for the Big Mac, 400 for the fries and 200 in the cola.......!!!!!!

Carsick
26-01-05, 01:39 PM
KFC for me.

Last time i had a McDonalds i read how many calories are in a single meal........ 500 for the Big Mac, 400 for the fries and 200 in the cola.......!!!!!!
That sounds all very bad and suchlike, but a KFC twister is 670 kcal on it's own and from memory, a zinger tower is about 800.
KFC is not the lower calories option by any means.
It is nicer though, and fills you up without making you feel like you've just eaten a deep fried bit of carpet stuck between two bits of bread.

El Saxo
26-01-05, 01:44 PM
Used to love all forms of fast food, then watched "Supersize Me", the doc film where the guy eats McDonalds for a month, scary stuff!!

Spiderman
26-01-05, 02:29 PM
Big tasty at McDo - at least once a month. Fantastic.

ps never tried kfc

The big tasty (or McD's whopper) is very nice if you are seriously hungry :) mmmmm
And Rider ... i cant believe that you have NEVER had a KFC???

I'd believe it if you didnt eat McD's but.... try it, lets us know what you think. Prolly a good idea to go for a burger or twisty thing cos the pices of chichen can drip tons of grease and be very off putting if they have been sitting around for a while..

God i need to eat and there is nothing in the house... but there is a BK drive thru so close that my tyres wont even be warm by the time i get there and back... and its sunny out... 8)

Iansv
26-01-05, 03:54 PM
Fish and Chips...

but voted option 5 :lol:

SteveR
26-01-05, 04:13 PM
I rarely eat 'fast food' - but I do like fish n chips.
KFC is OK too.

I can't stand McD or Burger King (after an especially bad chicken burger in McD on a very rare visit).

Strangely McD own shares in Pret A Manger - which I do like (a lot); but their company philosophy appears to be completely different to McD.

Spiderman
26-01-05, 05:24 PM
Well this thread got the better of me in the end and i'm back home now with the following:

Mini Fillet burger
3 Hot wings
3 crispy strips

So KFC won the argument in my head.

Moo
26-01-05, 05:25 PM
KFC I mainly go for the tower burgers. :lol:

Ping
27-01-05, 11:58 AM
How'd I miss this one 'til now???? :shock:

Burger King. Yummers. :D

mrbizzy
27-01-05, 02:06 PM
McDonalds for me … in moderation (have you seen ‘Supersize Me’?!).

Spiderman
27-01-05, 02:17 PM
just a quick addition to my post above.... has anyone tried the KFC mini burger thats being advertised at the mo?

If you havnt yet then bear this in mind. Unless you have the appetite of a small child on a diet its not worth buying. :(

It fits in the palm of my hand... i've had bigger mobile fones in the last couple of years.
Honestly. Give the 99p to the guy selling the Big Issue... it'll make you feel a lot better than if you had bought the mini burger.

Kingy
27-01-05, 10:29 PM
See where you're all coming from on this KFC thing but has none of you heathens ever been to Subway, they only make the worlds best sandwiches ever.

And what about Dominos Pizza? Overpriced maybe but I have eaten pizza the world over but have never had one that beats Dominos.

Ps if you really haven't heard of Subway then watch Happy Gilmore or check out this link

http://www.subway.com/applications/menu/index.aspx

Carsick
27-01-05, 10:34 PM
See where you're all coming from on this KFC thing but has none of you heathens ever been to Subway, they only make the worlds best sandwiches ever.

And what about Dominos Pizza? Overpriced maybe but I have eaten pizza the world over but have never had one that beats Dominos.

Meatball sub 'drools'

I'm not a big dominos fan, I have to say, a goodfellas frozen pizza is usually nicer.

Cloggsy
27-01-05, 11:27 PM
Burger King - Hands down :!:

Spiderman
28-01-05, 02:09 PM

Eaten Pizza the world over huh? Ever eaten Pizza in Italy? How is a mass produced and ingredients-weighed same recipie the world over imitation of a pizza gonna be better than the original idea?
A real pizza should be baked in a stone oven...no Dominos have stone ovens do they??
Bet you have deep pan too :roll:
Dominos garlic bread pizza is very nice tho :)

wyrdness
28-01-05, 02:26 PM

Eaten Pizza the world over huh? Ever eaten Pizza in Italy? How is a mass produced and ingredients-weighed same recipie the world over imitation of a pizza gonna be better than the original idea?
A real pizza should be baked in a stone oven...no Dominos have stone ovens do they??

Agreed. There's a world of difference between real Italian pizza and fast food chain pizza. Real pizza (with a decent bottle of wine) in Italy is a wonderful experience. Having said that, two of the best pizzas I've ever had were in Germany (baked in stone ovens by Italians, though) and amazingly good organic sourdough pizza in Byron Bay, Australia.

Mogs
28-01-05, 04:18 PM
I voted Fish n Chips, but would much prefer a Guinness please - all the food you'll ever need. If its done properly its not exactly fast though.

Nick762
28-01-05, 04:49 PM
Wot? No sweet and sour chicken balls and chips?

I'll do Lurgy King in pref to Maccy D's...