PDA

View Full Version : Bristol

Lazzer
30-01-05, 11:28 PM
Hello all,

Have been a member for some time, but not had regular 'net access til now. Was wondering how many people live around Bristol, if you guys meet up regularly etc.

Mark

Anonymous
31-01-05, 08:17 AM
Theres a few here, a few ex-SVs now too. We meet on and off (so irregularly) and do a few rides come the better weather. The S.Wales guys are more organised than us of late, and we ride over and see them sometimes.
Welcome!

Mogs
31-01-05, 08:55 AM
Hi, don't forget to put this in your diary. 23rd April - St George's Day for you Anglo Saxons.

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=16870

Lazzer
31-01-05, 09:10 AM
That looks brilliant! Count me in. I'm not a very experienced rider though, will I be OK? talk of challenging roads and scraping pegs sounds a little above me at the moment?

Cheers

Mark

Anonymous
31-01-05, 09:15 AM
That looks brilliant! Count me in. I'm not a very experienced rider though, will I be OK? talk of challenging roads and scraping pegs sounds a little above me at the moment?

Cheers

Mark

Don't have any worries. Many of us are new, and some of us still ride like we are new (like me....and have slower bikes than SVs!). Don't worry its a mixed ability group. The roads are all fun for new rider and experienced rider alike.

Would the peg scraping member of the Surfers please make himself known...I bet its one of the ones we aquired from the Portsmouth area :lol:

Anonymous
31-01-05, 09:20 AM
Come spring as well we will most likely restart a few evening runs from bristol up the wye valley and such like. Monkey and me used to do this at least once a week or so, unfortunately Monkey is off the road now. But we also used to go down through the Mendips. I for one will be very keen to get out in the eves when I get my new bike in the spring.

Scoobs
31-01-05, 09:23 AM
Would the peg scraping member of the Surfers please make himself known...I bet its one of the ones we aquired from the Portsmouth area :lol:

Not me! Have you seen my chicken strips? :oops:

Lazzer
31-01-05, 09:28 AM
A quick re r-read of the ride out post and it makes a bit more sense. It was the kamikaze on the Blackbird scraping pegs. Was speed reading in my excitement :roll: .

The regular bristol meets also sound good. You can count me in as soon as they're underway again 8) .

Anonymous
31-01-05, 09:31 AM

Not me! Have you seen my chicken strips? :oops:

Thinking of this RichStam was a 'sporting rider' :wink: from Bristol but had his SV nicked. Any news on that or a new bike Rich...if your out there?