PDA

View Full Version : Fitting exhaust

steveo
04-02-05, 04:29 PM
Ok, due to pick my scorpion up from P&H in crawley tomorrow, question is....

I'll be doing it on my own so am i better cutting the pipe whilst its all still connected to the bike or taking the 3/4 system off completely and cutting it separately?

Stef
04-02-05, 04:34 PM
Fitted mine while leaving the pipes on the bike. Take care you don't put that hacksaw or disc grinder in the swinger though

steveo
04-02-05, 04:50 PM
Then that is what i shall do! I'm going hacksaw, the whole idea of using a grinder that close to my bike when i haven't really used one before scares the bejesus out of me! :)

Cheers

Steve

Cloggsy
04-02-05, 05:25 PM
Then that is what i shall do! I'm going hacksaw, the whole idea of using a grinder that close to my bike when i haven't really used one before scares the bejesus out of me! :)

Cheers

Steve

It's easier if you go & buy y'self a cheap Reciprocating Saw (from Aldi/Netto etc.) & a pack of blades - You'll zip through the stock pipe in no time :!: Much more control than a grinder :roll:

Much less effort too :D

steveo
04-02-05, 06:28 PM
It's easier if you go & buy y'self a cheap Reciprocating Saw (from Aldi/Netto etc.) & a pack of blades - You'll zip through the stock pipe in no time :!: Much more control than a grinder :roll:

Much less effort too :D

Ok cheers, i'll look into it, don't really fancy half an hour of hacksaw fun! :roll:

UncleBob
04-02-05, 07:08 PM
[quote="steveo"]Ok, due to pick my scorpion up from P&H in crawley tomorrow,[quote]

When you go in, lob a brick at the service team for me will ya?

Bloody retards, couldn't find a spanner if I smacked em in the head..hmm now there's a thought... :twisted:

Sorry, had a bad time with P&H as soon as I handed over the cash everything went wrong..

Anyway..!

Can you post some piccies of the 'operation'? It would be interesting to see and hear any probs you had m8 :idea:

chris SVK3
27-02-05, 08:02 PM
Just brought some baldes for my balck & decker (Jigsaw) but i cant see away of cutting the exhaust without taking it off. there just is not enough space