PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever had a fight

Pages : [1] 2

fizzwheel
07-02-05, 09:31 AM
As much as it shames me yes I have had a few fights

I used to get bullied at school and every now and again I would completely loose it and beat the crap out of the people that we're bullying me

One guy I knocked out cold, funnily enough I got left alone after that

I've talked my way out of few fights as well

Jabba
07-02-05, 09:36 AM
I used to get bullied at school and every now and again I would completely loose it and beat the crap out of the people that we're bullying me

Similar, except that I chinned the school bully when he picked on a friend......... A teacher saw it and broke it up before he could hit me back (phew!) and the lad was suspended as well :lol:

mysteryjimbo
07-02-05, 09:38 AM
Yep. Bullies go down harder. Did that to the so called "hard knock" of the school.

Since, none to speak of.

fizzwheel
F*ckin bulies If I ever have kids and they bully somebody else, they'll be for it I can tell you

After I knocked the kid out I had to go and see the headmistress, My head of year saw me stood outside her office and came and spoke to me, asked me why I was there and then when I told him what happened, he said "fair enough, off you go I'll deal with this"

He was a top bloke Mr Fall

Amanda M
Nope, no fights for me.

Scoobs
07-02-05, 09:39 AM
I'm a lover, not a fighter.

I nearly **** myself once when there was a threat of a fight :oops:

If there is any trouble, don't rely on me for backup. I'm a wimp. :lol:

Shinsei Jutsu
07-02-05, 09:39 AM
Reason I started martial arts.

Only ever get in a fight if I am serverely threatened, or if a friend is in trouble.

Three blokes tried to mug me, on my way home from work, 20 meters from my house ON MY BIRTHDAY (ok they didn't know it was my birthday). Let's just say when the police turned up they couldn't belive that the three people on the floor had tried to mug me, the state they were in.

oh and I fight every week at least 5 times or so, but that is with pads and all controlled, not too many injuries caused from them.

Shinsei Jutsu
07-02-05, 09:40 AM
I'm a lover, not a fighter.

I nearly sh*t myself once when there was a threat of a fight :oops:

If there is any trouble, don't rely on me for backup. I'm a wimp. :lol:

S'all right mate, we'll call Mrs Scoobs out to protect you.

fizzwheel
07-02-05, 09:43 AM
Shin, what sort of Martial Arts do you do, I used to to do Judo when I was a kid, but never got very far with it

splke
07-02-05, 09:44 AM
one or two :roll:
Lad got banged up other week for smacking some bloke who fell and cracked his head...Dead :shock:

Makes you think eh !!!

Nutkins
07-02-05, 09:47 AM
YEAH!! AND I'LL LAMP ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE! :wink:

Gforceuk
07-02-05, 09:48 AM
Yup.

Some guy , supposedly a mate started smacking me in the face when i was sat next to him on a bus once.

I lost , cant remember too much about it ... My sister was on the bus and didnt talk to me for a week because apparently i didnt give him a chance.... go figure.. he started it. lol

Anyway , saw him the next day....minus 4 teeth and a bit of a battered face.

Sufficed to say i he was quite friendly after that.

Cronos
07-02-05, 09:49 AM
Nah..... it solves nothing.

Gforceuk
07-02-05, 09:51 AM
makes you feel a whole lot better.... if you win of course. ;)

sharriso74
07-02-05, 09:54 AM
Does rugby count?

Scoobs
07-02-05, 09:56 AM
S'all right mate, we'll call Mrs Scoobs out to protect you.

He he! Yeah! She has a wicked left hook!

Shinsei Jutsu
07-02-05, 10:00 AM
Shin, what sort of Martial Arts do you do, I used to to do Judo when I was a kid, but never got very far with it Lots. I now teach my own style of mixed martial arts, and have trained in most things. Check out my website if you wanna know more. Don't fall asleep though, it's not the most interesting read. :wink:

keithd
07-02-05, 10:02 AM
had a few.

i tried to take 5 blokes on once. i lost :oops:

wasnt my fault! i thought my sister was in the mddle of this huge fight going on in the pub and i bundled my way in, 5 geezers thought i was starting on them!

had a fight with my dad once too! that was a laugh :cry:

Scoobs
07-02-05, 10:26 AM

Wish I'd had a fight with my dad!

keithd
07-02-05, 10:28 AM

i know what you mean!

Scoobs
07-02-05, 10:30 AM

i know what you mean!

Why? Did you want to fight my dad as well?

Blimey!

No-one liked him!

OF.uk
07-02-05, 11:01 AM
had one two weeks ago. Been taking lots of abuse for several weeks, finally cracked when the other person threatened to throw me down the stairs. My 17 year old son now no longer with me!! The look on his face when I punched him was a picture. Not something I'm proud of and it really upset me afterwards that I'd actually hit my son. A couple of days later we were talking again and everything's ok now but he lives back with his mother.

Scoobs
07-02-05, 11:07 AM
If you are talking again he probably realises he deserved it.

Nutkins
07-02-05, 11:09 AM
Strange! ...... no posts from anybody who's lost a fight.

hmmm ..... unless ....Nah..... it solves nothing.

Only joking :wink: ...... :shock: No! seriously, I was! ...... Stop hitting me!

Flamin_Squirrel
07-02-05, 11:18 AM
I've been assaulted in broad daylight, does that count? :x

Scoobs
07-02-05, 11:21 AM

You probably deserved it! :wink: :lol:

keithd
07-02-05, 11:22 AM

i know what you mean!

Why? Did you want to fight my dad as well?

Blimey!

No-one liked him!

you know what i mean, you little roister doister 8)

timwilky
07-02-05, 11:23 AM
Since School, where I was supended for stamping on a bullies head (3 times), Broke his jaw with my first kick, I was sat down at the time and saw him comming, lent back and wallop. He went down and I for the first time in 4 miserable years smiled as I took my revenge and never bullied again.

3 times. The last being a head case that my youngest daughter was seeing. A plastic scouser from Skem who for some reason had ended up in my neck of the woods before he and his family were evicted from their house. He would not leave her alone after they had broke up. and was harressing her big style. She worked in a local pub and I was there to walk her home and drink of course.

Well as we leave about 2am and set off home the barsteward is waiting. (I ask you 2 in the morning, he is 2 miles from home and my daughter had already told him she was at home when he had phoned her earlier) I saw red, fueled with beer I thumped him, he swang at me and missed and then started taunting me whilst my daughter was trying to hold me back. When she let go I flew at him and we exhanged a few blows before he ran off.

I have to admit that it caused a major family bust up, daughter moved out, got her own place, plastic scouser moved in, hit her a few times and finally moved out. Has been back twice now to smash her windows and threatened her/me etc.

The wife knows I will not back down when riled and gets real angry with me. She scares me more than any 6ft gorrilla could ever do.

keithd
07-02-05, 11:23 AM

you didnt read my post then!!

fizzwheel
07-02-05, 11:26 AM
A plastic scouser from Skem

Do you reckon he lives above Tara now ?

Scoobs
07-02-05, 11:27 AM
Tim Wilky, I think it is different when your family are involved. I would do anything to protect my family. If the only way to do it was to iron bar someone in the face, that's what I would do.

Nutkins
07-02-05, 11:28 AM
Nah, that don't count ..... five onto one .... nah, don't count.

If they'd come at you one at a time, like in the chinese martial arts films, I'm sure you'd be singing a different tune. That's the problem with the hoodlums now days .... no sense of choreography.

timwilky
07-02-05, 11:28 AM

you didnt read my post then!!

Don't want to talk about the one I lost. Saw my car being bust into when visiting elderly family friend in Salford. Chased afer 3 little *******s who became about 10 when I finally caught up with them. Thank god they were amateurs or my kicking would have really hurt. My missus had called the police. told them what had happened and the direction they/me were running in. They got about 10 puches/kicks in before the police rescued me

Flamin_Squirrel
07-02-05, 11:33 AM

:cry:

A guy threw a water baloon at my head (missed) and I told him where to go. Got a bloody nose for that. Ever since then I've never agreed with the statement violence solves nothing - it's the only thing that little sh*tes like that understand. I'd have taught him myself, unforunately the coward was with 10 mates and I don't think they'd have let me.

Sorry, happened ages ago but it still makes me mad :evil:

fizzwheel
07-02-05, 11:35 AM

A guy threw a water baloon at my head (missed) and I told him where to go. Got a bloody nose for that. Ever since then I've never agreed with the statement violence solves nothing - it's the only thing that little sh*tes like that understand. I'd have taught him myself, unforunately the coward was with 10 mates and I don't think they'd have let me.

I agree sometimes it is the only answer, be for me it has to be in very extreme set of circumstances.

Scoobs
07-02-05, 11:36 AM

I agree sometimes it is the only answer, be for me it has to be in very extreme set of circumstances.

What? Like when you KNOW you could kick their ass? :lol:

Nutkins
07-02-05, 11:39 AM
A guy threw a water baloon at my head ...

<snigger>

<double snigger>

fizzwheel
07-02-05, 11:42 AM
Scoobs I'm not buff like you so its very rare for me to kick anyboies ar*e :wink:

I'll normally try and talk my way out of it, but once I loose my temper thats it I've had it and I loose my self control

I remember being in a pub one night and this guy started on me, and I said look mate you're bigger than me if you thump me I'm just gonna fall over and whats the point why don't you just leave me alone or go and start on somebody that will be competition for you

The other guy said fair enough mate and off he went, I saw him a few times that night and he always said hello to me

Just proves that some people do go out to have a fight on saturday night after a few beers

Nutkins
07-02-05, 11:45 AM
I'll normally try and talk my way out of it, but once I loose my temper thats it I've had it and I loose my self control

You mean you wet yourself?

Cloggsy
07-02-05, 11:46 AM
Yes...

Mind you, I did use to Box :wink:

fizzwheel
07-02-05, 11:48 AM

You mean you wet yourself?

yes he was a big bloke :oops:

Nutkins
07-02-05, 11:53 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

'Wetting yourself' always works for me. Comedy is a sure fire way of diffusing the situation.
In extreme cases, I've achieved standing ovations for the '****ting-my-pants' routine.

Scoobs
07-02-05, 11:55 AM

'Wetting yourself' always works for me. Comedy is a sure fire way of diffusing the situation.
In extreme cases, I've achieved standing ovations for the '****ting-my-pants' routine.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

PMSL

ArtyLady
07-02-05, 12:00 PM
lost it once with some girl I caught snogging my fella :x (about 25 years ago - not Mr Mumstoy I hasten to add)

Hell hath no fury and all that !! :evil:

Scoobs
07-02-05, 12:08 PM
lost it once with some girl I caught snogging my fella :x (about 25 years ago - not Mr Mumstoy I hasten to add)

Hell hath no fury and all that !! :evil:

Girl fight :twisted: :twisted:

Was there a pool of mud or jelly involved? :twisted: :twisted:

Sorry :oops:

Spiderman
07-02-05, 02:10 PM
Yes... had a few
Yes ...won a few
Yes ...lost a few too.

I've travelled, done security work, worked a couple of doors, done martial arts and met some unsavoury characheters in my time.

Hers a funny one... out with a new girlfriend about 10yrs ago. second or third date and we are talking about just this subject (shes irish and has 3 brothers ). I say to her "Yeh, something about me just draws the wierdos out sometimes"
And this bloke..all of about 5ft, who is walking towards us on the pavement (and didnt hear us) stops in front of me and says "think your a f***in big man do ya? Wanna know?? I'll slice you up" etc etc etc. He meant it too, the look in his eyes!
Nothing came of it thankfully but she wasnt amused by it. Like i had anything to do with it.

And the traffic warden that put a blank ticket on my car and attacked me when i asked her to get her supervisior on her radio.

And the bus driver who went ballistic when i was counting out the change to pay my fare.

As other have said... it solves nothing but sometimes is the final card that you are left with in your hand. If you gotta play it... you gotta!

linco
07-02-05, 02:16 PM
ah no, i'm a big girls blouse. dont believe in fighting. plus i couldnt knock snow off a rope to be honest.....

BURNER
07-02-05, 02:26 PM
I've had a few. Worst was in the army, bloke grabbed his kevlar helmet and banjoed me with it. 3 Days in hospital with concussion. Stupid he was drunk and I was trying to talk him out of going over the wall. He did and got 21 days detention barracks for the AWOL but zero time for assualt as I'd left some marks on him.

Last one was November, on Hollywood Blvd in LA. I was a bit ****ed so the details are very unclear, but bloke grabbed my hat. I thought he was joking with me, but when I grabbed it back he punched me! I remember punching him in the abdomen and him backing off and then some other geezers started threatening me. Not all my holidays are like this :roll:

Nutkins
07-02-05, 02:39 PM
And this bloke..all of about 5ft, who is walking towards us on the pavement (and didnt hear us) stops in front of me and says "think your a f***in big man do ya? Wanna know?? I'll slice you up" etc etc etc. He meant it too, the look in his eyes!
Nothing came of it thankfully but she wasnt amused by it. Like i had anything to do with it.

And the traffic warden that put a blank ticket on my car and attacked me when i asked her to get her supervisior on her radio.

And the bus driver who went ballistic when i was counting out the change to pay my fare.

As other have said... it solves nothing but sometimes is the final card that you are left with in your hand. If you gotta play it... you gotta!

Not content with the likes of "The Green Goblin", "Dr. Octopus" .... you've got to make new enemies. I know we shouldn't mock people for being different, but you're not helping yourself by wearing red and blue spandex, are you?
With your 'spidey-sense', I would've thought you could have avoided most of these altercations. It's alright for you to sit on your self made pedestal, being all high and mighty, but if it wasn't for us ordinary people kicking the the crap out of each other .... you wouldn't have a job!

Where were you when Fizzwheel wet himself? Washing your suit?

I'm sorry, but this elitist 'super-hero' nonsense really gets my my blood boiling!

fizzwheel
07-02-05, 02:40 PM

Not content with the likes of "The Green Goblin", "Dr. Octopus" .... you've got to make new enemies. I know we shouldn't mock people for being different, but you're not helping yourself by wearing red and blue spandex, are you?
With your 'spidey-sense', I would've thought you could have avoided most of these altercations. It's alright for you to sit on your self made pedestal, being all high and mighty, but if it wasn't for us ordinary people kicking the the crap out of each other .... you wouldn't have a job!

Where were you when Fizzwheel wet himself? Washing your suit?

I'm sorry, but this elitist 'super-hero' nonsense really gets my my blood boiling!

:D :D PMSL

Cronos
07-02-05, 02:46 PM
Not content with the likes of "The Green Goblin", "Dr. Octopus" .... you've got to make new enemies. {snipped} I'm sorry, but this elitist 'super-hero' nonsense really gets my my blood boiling!

:winner:

Aurora
07-02-05, 03:01 PM
I've never instigated a fight but unfortunately ended up in one or two, and there's usually alcohol involved. Girly fights are really not nice, been bitten, had hair pulled out, punched, kicked. Not nice at all. And believe it or not, I've never retaliated! Just tried to get away or talk my way out of it.

Iansv
07-02-05, 06:49 PM
one or two.... all but one in self defence and all at school due to bullying, not had one since I left, can normally talk my way out of them....

broken up alot of fights tho

K
07-02-05, 07:03 PM
I've never instigated a fight, but I've been in the middle of a few... literally, as I've generally been putting myself between people and trying to stop a kick off.

I have finished a few though. But they were a last resort/no other option kinda deal and I was lucky... vicious, brutal and underhanded, but still lucky. :oops:

Warren
07-02-05, 07:42 PM
ive had a fair few. . . as im from romford, your left no choice sometimes

dont think ive ever come out badly either (touch wood)
i knocked out some kid (bully) at school and put him into a wheelie bin . . . after that, i was pretty much left alone :)

funny, i was pretty big at school, but i stopped growing, and most of the weak little kids at school are twice my size now.

had quite a few with the local chav's in this area, but i suppose they dont realise how old i am (i look about 16)

and ive had a few at work (with customers mind).

ive never started a fight or picked a fight i might add.

northwind
07-02-05, 08:06 PM
I'm only wee, 10 stone, so I'm not built for it... For exactly that reason I used to get in a lot of fights at school. I was not an economic bullying target, you could probably beat me up but it took ages and you'd know you'd been in a fight afterwards...

But since then, just a couple, and none that i could have avoided... A ouple of times I've stepped in to settle something that was getting out of hand or where someone just needed a slap, but that's all. Last time I did that, i broke my hand on the guy's nose, but like they say "You should have seen the other guy"...

It's just ugly though... Even if I win I feel sick afterwards. Not nice.

topbird23
07-02-05, 08:46 PM
I used to fight with one of my brothers all the time and he always used to win :(

These days its a different story, we get on like a house on fire :D

Carsick
07-02-05, 09:22 PM
Even if I win I feel sick afterwards. Not nice.
That's the adrenaline level going down, I believe. Very similar to going into shock.

These days its a different story, we get on like a house on fire
Ever seen a burning house, miss?

northwind
07-02-05, 09:37 PM
That's the adrenaline level going down, I believe. Very similar to going into shock.

Sorry, didn't mean that quit that literally... It's just what-ifs that get me, all it takes is for someone to pul a knife or someone to take a bad fall and it all ends up very badly...

BURNER
07-02-05, 09:44 PM
Sometimes things end badly, don't dwell on them. Just watch out for witnesses 8)

Bud
07-02-05, 09:49 PM

Sorry, didn't mean that quit that literally... It's just what-ifs that get me, all it takes is for someone to pul a knife or someone to take a bad fall and it all ends up very badly...

I've had only one and it did make me feel sick like that. A group of kids had gathered to watch and it was almost like a (very amateur) boxing match for about 15 minutes. We even had rounds for gods sake!

Then someone in "my corner" recommended I start fighting dirty as the other kid wouldn't expect it. So I pushed him in to a bush which scratched him up. He came out with tears streaming down his face and everyone was laughing at him. Looking back, it was all pretty lame but I remember being horrified and felt guilty for doing it.

We did become pretty good friends after that for the rest of our school days.

Never had a ruck as an adult. Like has been mentioned previously in other posts, it could result in more than just a few bruises and anyway, "I'm a lover not a fighter". (Lyric from Michael Jackson who will soon reveal just who he is a lover of).

Nutkins
08-02-05, 09:32 AM
ive had a fair few. . . as im from romford, your left no choice sometimes

dont think ive ever come out badly either (touch wood)
i knocked out some kid (bully) at school and put him into a wheelie bin . . . after that, i was pretty much left alone

funny, i was pretty big at school, but i stopped growing, and most of the weak little kids at school are twice my size now.

had quite a few with the local chav's in this area, but i suppose they dont realise how old i am (i look about 16)

and ive had a few at work (with customers mind).

ive never started a fight or picked a fight i might add.

Maybe we'll meet up sometime ..... smash a few jars. :lol:

zx6man
08-02-05, 09:44 AM
Only one good one really, got chased afetr a bust up with a big gang. One guy came after me so I turned on him, used a move called goja dori, which smashed all his shoulder in, for which lessened his will to fight some what. Ninjutsu saved the day (or drunken saturday night)..

Nutkins
08-02-05, 09:54 AM
Ninjutsu saved the day (or drunken saturday night)..

I don't want to believe in the later .... did you have shurikens and could you fly unfeesibly long distances through the air, tip-toeing silently across the rooftops?

zx6man
08-02-05, 09:56 AM
No..just used the vanishing smoke to teleport me to the curry house...

Viney
08-02-05, 10:20 AM
I was bullied from about 2nd year in Jnr school all the way through until about 6 weeks from the end of school exams. One day i wsa being picked on by the hardest kid in the school (Why do all schools have one of them??) Anyhoo, all i remember doing is grabbing im, kneeing him in the face, then i was in the Headmasters office and he was in an ambulance!! It apprently took 4 kids to get me off him. I must have blacked out with rage or summint :? Scary stuff. Thats why i dont believe in fighting!

Shinsei Jutsu
08-02-05, 11:01 AM
Only one good one really, got chased afetr a bust up with a big gang. One guy came after me so I turned on him, used a move called goja dori, which smashed all his shoulder in, for which lessened his will to fight some what. Ninjutsu saved the day (or drunken saturday night)..

How did you smash his shoulder with that? Was it when he hit the floor? just wondering. never seen a shoulder smashed with musha dori. I've seen it dislocate it rather badly.
Depends how viciously you do it I guess.

zx6man
08-02-05, 11:07 AM
Well, more dislocated than smashed then.....

Shinsei Jutsu
08-02-05, 11:08 AM
Well, more dislocated than smashed then.....

you mean bugger!!

zx6man
08-02-05, 11:10 AM
It came so natural and I was very very drunk. no choice really, as a load more of the gang were approaching, I needed to get away fast!!!

Shinsei Jutsu
08-02-05, 11:35 AM
There are plenty of techniques that are serverely dangerous, glad it was only a dislocation and not something like waka-gatame that would break the elbow and the shoulder. :twisted:

sorry. I'm not really that evil. honest. :oops:

Scoobs
08-02-05, 11:38 AM
Or heal of the hand up under the chin or in the nose.

Ooh! Nasty!

zx6man
08-02-05, 11:39 AM
Not sure what waka-gatame is...is this aikido? Maybe a similar move in ninpo tai-jutsu??

Shinsei Jutsu
08-02-05, 11:40 AM

Ooh! Nasty!

Do you mean heel? 'heal of the hand' sound like something totally different...magical healing hand!! ah ah ah...

Scoobs
08-02-05, 11:41 AM

Ooh! Nasty!

Do you mean heel? 'heal of the hand' sound like something totally different...magical healing hand!! ah ah ah...

Errr..... yeah! That's exactly what I meant.

Shinsei Jutsu
08-02-05, 11:43 AM
Not sure what waka-gatame is...is this aikido? Maybe a similar move in ninpo tai-jutsu??

waki-gatame, is roughly translated to armpit hold where you turn quickly in to the back of the arm and roll over it so the shoulder is under your armpit. A lean and tug will break the elbow and pop the shoulder, at the very least.

Shinsei Jutsu
08-02-05, 11:45 AM
http://www.judoinfo.com/waki.gif easiest example

zx6man
08-02-05, 11:49 AM
Got ya...we have a similar move, but can't remember the name!!...

Shinsei Jutsu
08-02-05, 11:52 AM
Got ya...we have a similar move, but can't remember the name!!...

how long you been training? what got you started in ninjitsu?

zx6man
08-02-05, 11:58 AM
Trained in shotokan for about 3 years, got my shodan and mate saw an advert in paper for ninjutsu. Trained in that for about 10 years but had to stop sadly as I have a herniated disc in my back. Got to Shodan in tai-jutsui as well. Ninjutsu is one of the best M arts I have seen or done. I think its extremely good for self defence.

Shinsei Jutsu
08-02-05, 12:01 PM
Trained in shotokan for about 3 years, got my shodan and mate saw an advert in paper for ninjutsu. Trained in that for about 10 years but had to stop sadly as I have a herniated disc in my back. Got to Shodan in tai-jutsui as well. Ninjutsu is one of the best M arts I have seen or done. I think its extremely good for self defence.

It's the second most used martial art to train special forces etc. It's good, I did a little at uni, but got more into Wing Chun, much more streetwise I thought. TBH I find a mixture of everything works wonders.

zx6man
08-02-05, 12:05 PM
I did wing chun for a while as well, that was very as well. I do find the tai-jutsui very good for a street defence. The wife knows many of the moves as some of them are ideal if a large attacker tries to assault you.
I did some jeet kune do as well, when bruce lee was big in the early 90's. That was a bit like kickboxing, lots of body training......

Shinsei Jutsu
08-02-05, 12:09 PM
I did wing chun for a while as well, that was very as well. I do find the tai-jutsui very good for a street defence. The wife knows many of the moves as some of them are ideal if a large attacker tries to assault you.
I did some jeet kune do as well, when bruce lee was big in the early 90's. That was a bit like kickboxing, lots of body training......

Wouldn't trust any club that trains jkd. Never was a martial art, and never finished. Reading a lot on it, and then seeing it taught are totally different. Bruce would be turning in his grave. His whole theory was to be quick and finish a fight with ease. Then they go and teach high kicks to the head. :roll: Not a chance he would have put this in jkd.
Good to look round though. I've tried most martial arts that I can find, and read up on most others.

zx6man
08-02-05, 12:15 PM
I stayed with ninpo, as it was so varied. we did weekend course's on everything from archery, camouflage climbing techniques, etc Sadly no flying was involed :D . A few of us were also able to attend training in ninja poison techniques with sensei Tanemura.

Shinsei Jutsu
08-02-05, 12:17 PM
I stayed with ninpo, as it was so varied. we did weekend course's on everything from archery, camouflage climbing techniques, etc Sadly no flying was involed :D . A few of us were also able to attend training in ninja poison techniques with sensei Tanemura.

quality. it's good when you find a class that goes the whole hog. My old Katsudo class used to go out to Japan to train with a few masters there. loved that class.

anyone know what topic this originally was? :lol:

zx6man
08-02-05, 12:21 PM
I train in Genbukan ninpo.. there is a club down the road who teach Bunjikan ninjutsu, and when i went once, was appalled at how rubbish it was. Genbukan have grades and stuff, but only WHite belt, green belt brown belt, then black...no modernised red, orange, purple like modern Karates and the like.

Err..start of topic...yes..I have had a fight. :? :D

Carsick
08-02-05, 12:25 PM
aikido only has 2 belt colours, white then black. Always entertaining when you discover exactly how experienced somebody is, usually around the time you're hitting the mat, hard.

zx6man
08-02-05, 12:30 PM
Yeah modern styles like ...aikido and ju-jitsu are very much like ninpo tai-jutsu, as the move I said I did earlier, musha dori was the move used by aikido man...Steven seagal in the film out for justice....the scene in the butchers...

Nutkins
08-02-05, 01:47 PM
Ah ... this takes me back to my youth (when I had more energy), studied Judo & Ju-Jitsu for 8 years, but I really miss the Wing Chun. I found that such a graceful art. Hmmm .... where's the Yellow Pages? ....

Scooby Drew
08-02-05, 01:52 PM
Did kick boxing for a while after getting mugged. The kick boxing class was fun, me and six women- I got used as a punch bag regularly :wink:

The mugging included being attacked with knives by 5 youths. I don't like being cornered and go a little beserk when hurt which is why I had to stop playfighting with my brother cos it always got nasty. After getting stabbed in the head, back, chest and leg I had one guy pinned up against a wall with my hand around his throat while I punched another in the face. They decided to cut their losses and ran away with my bag. The youth of today just have no staying power...

BURNER
08-02-05, 01:58 PM
Where was this Mate? The Leith Walk?

Shinsei Jutsu
08-02-05, 01:59 PM
aikido only has 2 belt colours, white then black. Always entertaining when you discover exactly how experienced somebody is, usually around the time you're hitting the mat, hard.

I really disliked aikido. just didn't work. I trained for a while in it, and was never impressed by it. Got a few useful things from it that I still use, but overall it was an art that took a good long time to get anything effective from it.

Did anyone see UFC 51 on Bravo on Sunday? One of the commentators (a Tae Kwon Do instructor) said 'I really must say that taekwondo is a useless art!' :lol: spot on mate!

Scoobs
08-02-05, 02:01 PM

I really disliked aikido. just didn't work. I trained for a while in it, and was never impressed by it. Got a few useful things from it that I still use, but overall it was an art that took a good long time to get anything effective from it.

Did anyone see UFC 51 on Bravo on Sunday? One of the commentators (a Tae Kwon Do instructor) said 'I really must say that taekwondo is a useless art!' :lol: spot on mate!

I did. Never seen it before. Stayed up well past my bedtime to watch it too. Excellent

Shinsei Jutsu
08-02-05, 02:02 PM

I did. Never seen it before. Stayed up well past my bedtime to watch it too. Excellent

I have quite a few on dvd and video. some great fights in there. was a good one this one, and Tito calling out Chuck and Ken at the end made me laugh!

Scoobs
08-02-05, 02:05 PM

I have quite a few on dvd and video. some great fights in there. was a good one this one, and Tito calling out Chuck and Ken at the end made me laugh!

He he!

How thick is that Chuck geezer? (He was the one with the stoopid mohican right).

Shinsei Jutsu
08-02-05, 02:07 PM
yeah. They are a funny lot. Chuck is a good fighter, but looks like a prat.

Scoobs
08-02-05, 02:08 PM

Wouldn't tell him to his face though! :shock:

Shinsei Jutsu
08-02-05, 02:10 PM

why not? just make sure you have your leathers on, and your helmet. :lol: and your on your bike, and it's running and ready to go...

Scoobs
08-02-05, 02:11 PM

why not? just make sure you have your leathers on, and your helmet. :lol: and your on your bike, and it's running and ready to go...

Or use long words. He is SOOOooooo thick!

Scooby Drew
08-02-05, 03:20 PM
Where was this Mate? The Leith Walk?

Back in South Africa.