PDA

View Full Version : Powder coating services in Kent

sexysi
09-02-05, 10:33 AM
My wheels are now being powder coated yellow, and the calipers are having 2k Bright red sprayed on them. Just thought I would mention this as I thought the price was very reasonable.
Two wheels powder coated, the guy will take your tyres off and take out the bearings. He will then powder coat them, put your new bearings in(You have to supply) refit the tyre and balance it etc. Put the disc's/ sprockets back on for you. All for 60 pounds a wheel.
He is also local for people in Kent/South London.
The guy's name is Mark and he is situated next to Sidcup Tyres in Sidcup in Kent.
Also to powder coat a swing arm in black will cost 35 pounds.
I will put pictures on the net when I get the bike back on Saturday. And the guys phone number
sexysi

Viney
09-02-05, 12:22 PM
Nice and easy si, but thats a bit dear imo. Cost me £100 all in for getting tyres taken off, fitted balanced and the purchase of new bearings for both wheels. However, i would pay a little extra for the ease of it all.

Viney
09-02-05, 12:23 PM
Oo and the bloke he uses in located in belvedere and charges £8 a wheel. I met him at SMT once, got his number, the promptly lost it..DOH!

This was after i had my wheels done :cry:

sexysi
09-02-05, 12:33 PM
How the hell can he make any money out of that the bearings alone are 16 pounds each with say 10 quid for fitting and balancing for for tyres say another 10 for fitting bearings. That's 46 quid, so we are looking from this guy in belvedere what 4pound to powder coat a wheel. :shock: :shock: :shock:
sexysi

Shinsei Jutsu
09-02-05, 02:36 PM
Oo and the bloke he uses in located in belvedere and charges £8 a wheel. I met him at SMT once, got his number, the promptly lost it..DOH!

This was after i had my wheels done :cry:

doh! #-o . could have used him me thinks!

sexysi - that avatars a big'un, in more ways than one. You been at the pies again? :D

sexysi
09-02-05, 02:57 PM
Yep I'm the only Gay in the Villedge and I have eaten all the pies.
sexysi

Viney
09-02-05, 03:06 PM
Si, sorry, i meant to state that was for the powder coating only. So hes making a tidy profit on the coating alone. May be worth negotiatiing etc etc. The bearings are not £16 each! I paid about £30 for front rear and the sprocket carrier from Spares direct.

sexysi
09-02-05, 03:09 PM
Sorry I'm bloody gonna disagree. I paid 32pounds for the front and back, which is roughly 16pounds each. So therefore 120squid for two wheels all powder coated, balanced, new bearings fitted etc etc, as long as I supply the bearings.
sexysi

coombest
09-02-05, 05:02 PM
Sorry I'm bloody gonna disagree.

Oh No!!

Not again!!!!

FIGH, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGH, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGH, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGH, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sexysi
10-02-05, 07:56 AM
Yeah bring it on man, I'm only gay in the villadge. :lol: :wink:
sexysi

Viney
10-02-05, 08:20 AM
Sorry I'm bloody gonna disagree. I paid 32pounds for the front and back, which is roughly 16pounds each. So therefore 120squid for two wheels all powder coated, balanced, new bearings fitted etc etc, as long as I supply the bearings.
sexysi
How can you disagree with the fact that i got my bearings cheaper than yours :? Oh and its VILLAGE you muppet ;)
For my wheels

£65 powder coating(Both wheels)
£30 bearings
£5 to get tyres put on and balanced
£100 total.

Now move along, nothing to see here :lol:

Shinsei Jutsu
10-02-05, 09:08 AM
sexysi
How can you disagree with the fact that i got my bearings cheaper than yours :? Oh and its VILLAGE you muppet ;)
For my wheels

£65 powder coating(Both wheels)
£30 bearings
£5 to get tyres put on and balanced
£100 total.

Now move along, nothing to see here :lol:

And yet you don't pass this blokes number on to the rest of us. How convinient! (you don't mind me stirring here do you? :wink: )

sexysi
10-02-05, 09:19 AM
Yeah totally agree no number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bit like saying you want 4,000 for your bike, I can get the same model down at my local dealer for 500 pounds less. :lol: It's one of those sorts of posts. It's cheaper so there,!!! but i havn't got a phone number.
And i'm not a muppet, I'm spelling it this way, because he says it with an accent in the sketch :shock: :shock: , next time when you watch it, listen
sexysi

Shinsei Jutsu
10-02-05, 09:26 AM
so what ya got to say about that Viney? hmm hmm? :lol:

(I should do some work, but I am enjoying stirring here)

sexysi
10-02-05, 09:27 AM
I don't do any, we are learning about SSL over Cisco Content switches, boring.
sexysi

sexysi
10-02-05, 09:31 AM
All I can say to you Viney is
BITEY
SEXYSI

Viney
10-02-05, 09:51 AM
Alright alright, i posted it at the time when i had my wheels done. Geeeeez :roll:

Vulcan Shotblasting Ltd
6 Cranes Close, Cranes Farm Road
Basildon
SS14 3JB(Road Map)
Essex
Tel: 01268 282662
Fax: 01268 282651

http://www.vulcanshotblasting.com/

Iansv
10-02-05, 09:59 AM
just like old times.... :D

Shinsei Jutsu
10-02-05, 10:09 AM
So what do you say about that then Si? Viney brings out the goods again!! beat that, if you can!! :D

(I'll stop soon, I'm just bored)

Viney
10-02-05, 11:18 AM
just like old times.... :D :roll: :lol:

sexysi
10-02-05, 12:01 PM
Just rung him up and he quoted me 140pounds for two wheels, fitted, balanced, powder coated etc etc.
So I am glad I went with who I went with. Plus the guy next door does cheap RoadTec Z6's. Ian you must have got quoted on 2003/2004 prices :lol: :wink:
Bitey Bitey
sexysi

Viney
10-02-05, 12:48 PM
Just rung him up and he quoted me 140pounds for two wheels, fitted, balanced, powder coated etc etc.
So I am glad I went with who I went with. Plus the guy next door does cheap RoadTec Z6's. Ian you must have got quoted on 2003/2004 prices :lol: :wink:
Bitey Bitey
sexysi

I didnt get quoted you fool, thats what i paid. If hes put his prices up then thats up to him init.

SMT are good on tyres as well.

sexysi
10-02-05, 01:09 PM
OHHHHH YES Have a bite the Viney fish excellent finally got him. You doughnut can't get a signal in Holland anyway. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He is probably cheaper :wink:
sexysi

AlanSv
10-02-05, 01:57 PM
sexysi

Cant believe you rang up to check Vineys pricing!

ah right... just saw your last post... forgot you were a habitual liar :roll:

sexysi
10-02-05, 01:59 PM
No I didn't cause I'm in Holland, but that is the ALANSV fish just hooked. :lol: Sorry mate should have read my last post better.
sexysi

AlanSv
10-02-05, 02:01 PM
Sorry I thought you were actually telling the truth, I should have known better. silly me!

is that price including the spraying of the calipers?

sexysi
10-02-05, 02:08 PM
Oh no the calipers are very expensive. The front ones are 45pounds each the rear about 35pounds. Basically the masking of them is a pain in the ****. The rear caliper you can split in 2 and mask seperately, but the fronts you can't.
So 125pounds gets you front and rear calipers respray bright rear and put back together with 2 pack paint.
I might try spraying my own swing arm black as long as i can get the castle socket to get the damn thing off.
sexysi

Viney
10-02-05, 02:16 PM
Eh? You are daft enough to call them anyway, so lets face it, you are a crap fisherman, as i havent bitten, only stating facts, so what ever wierd crap you are eating in Hollnad, id stop if i where you!

sexysi
10-02-05, 02:18 PM
Post back on now, but the text has changed :shock:
sexysi

Shinsei Jutsu
10-02-05, 02:47 PM
Post back on now, but the text has changed :shock:
sexysi

Does this actually make any sense to anyone?

Are you smoking the dope?