PDA

View Full Version : Accomodation and Route

Viney
18-02-05, 08:12 PM
Okies guys and girls. I have a route, and i think that Jelster is also coming up with a route, so between us something will come up. Once this is done, then we can sort out accomodation. I will set aside some time on Sunday to sort it out, So there will be something to work on as from Monday.

Jelster, can you PM me your email so that we can talk about routes etc.

Iansv
22-02-05, 01:01 PM
look forward to seeing the routes and accomodation.... :D

Ceri JC
22-02-05, 04:30 PM
Okies guys and girls. I have a route, and i think that Jelster is also coming up with a route, so between us something will come up. Once this is done, then we can sort out accomodation. I will set aside some time on Sunday to sort it out, So there will be something to work on as from Monday.

The SV1000 forum (SV1000.zyns.com) has their annual meeting in Cirencester, the capital of the Cotswolds. Maybe look there to "borrow" ideas for bike-friendly hotels/campsites/etc?

Viney
22-02-05, 07:53 PM

The SV1000 forum (SV1000.zyns.com) has their annual meeting in Cirencester, the capital of the Cotswolds. Maybe look there to "borrow" ideas for bike-friendly hotels/campsites/etc?
Good idea, but i think that Jelster and myself my be coming up with some good ideas (If he reads my emails that is)

Im thinking a little more notrh than 'cester, more in the central wolds.

Its taking a little longer than anticipated, but we do have 3 months!!

Please be paitent :D

mysteryjimbo
22-02-05, 08:26 PM
But i wanna know now!!!!

***goes off and stamps feet***

Jelster
22-02-05, 11:21 PM
Ian,

You have email......

Please guys, use Idle Banter for your off topic conversations. People come here to read about the rideout, if you want to discuss Viney's very impressive shot gun exhaust, can you send him a PM, theat's what it's there for......

Steve H
23-02-05, 08:53 AM
Jelster. I will consider myself reprimanded!
Seriously, you are right. I did not think.
Now, please get on with the route! :wink:

admin
23-02-05, 07:27 PM
Viney and Jelster

Good work you guys. I think I've given up hope for a local to show us the way.

John

stowboy
27-02-05, 01:43 PM
Viney and Jelster

John-erm :? i did offer my help re campsite and route,back on old thread as im a local yokel :help: -but hey-just let me know if i can be of assitance at all-looking foward to meeting other svers :D
stowboy

Baldyman
27-02-05, 07:19 PM
Viney and Jelster

John-erm :? i did offer my help re campsite and route,back on old thread as im a local yokel :help: -but hey-just let me know if i can be of assitance at all-looking foward to meeting other svers :D
stowboy

Stowboy, there's been at least three firm offers of help from "locals" to Viney and Jelster, but I believe John wanted a local to organise the whole weekend.

When Jelster and Viney have agreed the route, we should be able to assist with local arrangements (route recces, visiting pubs/cafes en route and checking accommodation premises etc)

Cloggsy
27-02-05, 07:56 PM

Perhaps we could have a joint SV650/SV1000 ride out :?:

Ceri JC
03-03-05, 02:50 PM

Perhaps we could have a joint SV650/SV1000 ride out :?:

They've already got their date etc. sorted so I doubt they'd want to change that to merge with us, but as I live locally (in the town they're staying in), I think I'm going to get in touch with them and tag along.

Good idea though- maybe arrange one next year? We could have seperate 650/1000 ones, then a joint "SV" one?

Chewy, comments?

Cloggsy
03-03-05, 03:37 PM
We could have seperate 650/1000 ones, then a joint "SV" one?

That would be cool 8) :wink:

Viney
03-03-05, 04:05 PM
Due to me starting a new job next week, i have passed the reins over to Jelster for the ridout, as im gonna a) not have net access at my new job B) havent really got time cause of the new job.

Cloggsy
03-03-05, 04:05 PM
Due to me starting a new job next week, i have passed the reins over to Jelster for the ridout, as im gonna a) not have net access at my new job B) havent really got time cause of the new job.

What are you going to be doin' fella :?:

Jelster
03-03-05, 06:13 PM

Best of luck mate....

I hope to have 2 or 3 plans to send to John by the end of this weekend for his approval. So, if everything works out OK, you should see a route sometime next week. Been a bit busy at work myself this week.....

admin
09-03-05, 06:59 PM
Stowboy, there's been at least three firm offers of help from "locals" to Viney and Jelster, but I believe John wanted a local to organise the whole weekend.

Yes that's what I was aiming for. I know Jelster and Viney will do a great job, well Jelster now. But they are tourists from London and there's nothing like local knowledge. There's also the matter of time, a local can step out of his front door and he's there, Jelster has to travel for a couple of hours before he can start.

Stowboy did offer his help but I think it was more for guidance (sorry if I got the wrong impression). As you say I was hoping someone would jump up and produce a itinery for the day with stop/start point and great roads in between just as Dave Crabtree did last year.

Still it seems that Jelster is making good progress now. Good man
John

timwilky
29-03-05, 09:41 AM
Well I have just booked myself into the Burford Travellodge for the Saturday/Sunday nights £37 a night, so it looks like I am going on this little jolly round the cotswolds :)

Searched the web for BB/guest houses and they all seem damm expensive.

Stig
29-03-05, 04:45 PM
I have mentioned before (albeit not on this thread) that there is room here at my house for a couple of guests. I have a double bed available and there is always the sofa as well. So if anyone wants to take me up on the offer, feel free. :thumbsup: