PDA

View Full Version : Arai - Quick Release Visor...My Backside!!!!

mudge32
19-02-05, 10:59 AM
I've got an Arai Condor and whilst I love the helmet, I cannot get the visor on or off without the sidepods flying off :evil: I've followed the cack instructions in the manual but to no avail.

Anyone else had this problem or have tips on how to fit the visor easily? :oops:

Sid Squid
20-02-05, 10:27 PM
No, always found the Arai visor system very easy to use, from the first type to the most recent, and there's no doubt it is quick to do.

K
20-02-05, 10:50 PM
Don't worry Mudge, I've also got a Condor and I can't get the begger to work either.

Not that I change visors... but I've just sat here and fiddled with the thing for the past 10 minutes. No dice.

Valman
20-02-05, 11:34 PM
I had the same problem as you, so I went back to my dealer who done it in ten seconds in front of me, then showed me how to do it so now I can do it in ten seconds too.

All you do is just get the top part in and then try to slide the visor down.

Valman
21-02-05, 12:21 PM
I forgot to add that you should do one side at a time, makes it a little easier.

mudge32
21-02-05, 01:04 PM
H-Gerickemark PM'd me and gave me a few tips :wink: I think it's something that will come with practice :lol: I've just been used to the really easy change on my Shark helmet :love:

Ken McCulloch
28-02-05, 05:01 PM
I bought a Condor on Saturday and I know exactly what you mean. I haven't had the pods fly off but there's definitely a knack to it, I think I'm getting the hang of it.

Great helmet though, very comfy and much less draughty than my Roof Diversion.

H-Gerickemark
28-03-05, 10:07 PM
:lol: Its annoying but comes easier with time and practice :lol:

(had my condor for 2 years and still a good fit, not too loud, vents still work)

Mark

Stef
07-04-05, 09:15 AM
Had an Arai NR untill last year and then switched to a Shoei XR-1000. I use an iridium visor on really sunny days. Although the Arai is a great helmet to wear, the visor changing system on the Shoei is sooooo much easier it made me decide never to go back to Arai as long as they keep using that sh*tty sidepod system.

wyrdness
07-04-05, 09:30 AM
If you need to change visors regularly, or just take it off for cleaning, the Shoei quick release system is the best. They also claim that the lack of pods reduces wind noise.

Sterling
23-05-05, 05:37 AM
Arai shield changing became very simple for me once I had seen this:

http://www.araiamericas.com/fullface_Small.wmv

Cloggsy
23-05-05, 07:44 AM
Arai shield changing became very simple for me once I had seen this:

http://www.araiamericas.com/fullface_Small.wmv

How cool is that :?: 8)

mudge32
25-05-05, 07:55 AM
Blimey after watching that I can now change the visor with my eyes shut 8) 8)