PDA

View Full Version : Eyeball Near Aberthaw - Yellow Curvy SVs at the weekend

Ceri JC
21-02-05, 01:11 PM
I was out at the weekend and saw a curvy model yellow SVs, coming out of the twisties near Aberthaw Cement Works, heading towards Barry.

Just wondering if it was anyone off here?

Jabba
21-02-05, 04:36 PM
Dunno anyone with a curvy yellow one on here.

There's one pointy yellow one (Fongboy) AFAIK.

fizzwheel
21-02-05, 04:45 PM
I've got a curvey Yellow one but I wasnt anywhere near there at the weekend

Ceri JC
21-02-05, 05:31 PM
There were quite a few bikers out down there, lots of imitation Harleys (Japanese Cruisers) saw a few posers on supersports who couldn't ride for toffee too. Top prize goes to the full race rep Ducati 916 owner (v. nice bike, big shiny twin underseat exhausts, etc.) who crawled along then sat about 15 cars deep at lights, when it would of been perfectly safe to filter! Other contenders include a bloke on a litre gixxer who flew in the straights but went about 20 mph round each bend. :lol:

Jabba
21-02-05, 06:32 PM
Top prize goes to the full race rep Ducati 916 owner (v. nice bike, big shiny twin underseat exhausts, etc.) who crawled along then sat about 15 cars deep at lights, when it would of been perfectly safe to filter! Other contenders include a bloke on a litre gixxer who flew in the straights but went about 20 mph round each bend. :lol:

"Weekend Warriors" - doncha just love 'em? :lol:

Ceri JC
22-02-05, 09:43 AM
"Weekend Warriors" - doncha just love 'em? :lol:

It is amusing the way the people with the best bikes seem to use them the least and then people like couriers have some of the tattiest bikes.

I do understand if you've got something like an MV F4, it's only going to be used on sunny days, a dozen times a year, like a pricey ferrari etc. I just wonder why these people don't have a hack bike for more common use (surely they could afford it, if you can spend £10k plus on weekend toy, you can afford £2 for a 2nd hand commuter!) and if they do, and do ride regularly, why aren't they better riders on their flash bikes?

Don't get me wrong, I've seen plenty of blades and gixxers flying around, extremely competently (or at the other end of the scale, recklessly), it just winds me up a bit seeing people only using 20% of such a good/expensive bike. :)

Carsick
22-02-05, 10:01 AM
if you can spend £10k plus on weekend toy, you can afford £2 for a 2nd hand commuter!) and if they do, and do ride regularly, why aren't they better riders on their flash bikes?
From what I've gathered, in the general case of those with flash bikes but no ability, they are the people who don't want to commute on a bike. The reason they bought is for weekend blasts in the sunshine and in some cases, as a fashion accessory.

Some of them are born again bikers but I reckon alot are also the mid-life crisis crew. Those who can afford a huge bike and don't see the point in starting at the bottom.
That's not to say born agains and mid-lifers are all bad riders at all, you're just more likely to find them riding a very large and powerful bike badly.

wyrdness
22-02-05, 10:25 AM
From what I've gathered, in the general case of those with flash bikes but no ability, they are the people who don't want to commute on a bike. The reason they bought is for weekend blasts in the sunshine and in some cases, as a fashion accessory.

Some of them are born again bikers but I reckon alot are also the mid-life crisis crew. Those who can afford a huge bike and don't see the point in starting at the bottom.

bless 'em. The good thing about these people is that once they're bored with (or scared witless by) their shiny new toys, they often sell them with just a few miles on the clock for £000's less than they paid for them. There are some real bargains to be had from the midlife crisis crowd.

Ceri JC
22-02-05, 10:31 AM
bless 'em. The good thing about these people is that once they're bored with (or scared witless by) their shiny new toys, they often sell them with just a few miles on the clock for £000's less than they paid for them. There are some real bargains to be had from the midlife crisis crowd.

True! :lol: