PDA

View Full Version : Did you miss me?

Peter Henry
21-02-05, 10:34 PM
To all my fellow northerners,I hope you guys are all ok? I got to thinking of you all when I saw the cold snap on it's way over to you! Had not been on my bike for a couple of weeks but went for a spin to the hills on Sunday.Glorious sunshine,(he shares like a true pain in the ass!)

I am still waiting to test ride the KTM Duke V twin roadster when it arrives here in a couple of weeks.But have to admit my head has been turned...I am fighting against the temptation of.......Ducati 999! I guess it would have to be an"s" as then comes with race kit and real sound exhaust!
140 horses and drop dead gorgeous.But I wont ride it hard,I am buying it only because I have a taste for the exotic,the exclusive,(ah ball*cks Im lying!) Just a couple more deals before end of March and one of those suckers is mine!
How much? yeah I know! 8) :lol:
God bless and stay safe!

timwilky
22-02-05, 09:06 AM
Thought you had gone quiet Peter.

Welcome back, you do know the sun does shine here as well. (Occassionly) but the place is covered in snow at present so SV is parked up in the garage :cry:

FUBAR
22-02-05, 03:27 PM
Yo Peter, good to see you back on the board m8, hope all is well in Spain, you must be fleecing them good time (lol)

catch ya real soon

:D

Anonymous
22-02-05, 03:55 PM
Down in spain you want one of these, you do:

http://www.evamotor.nl/Images/R1200gs_info_re1.jpg

or of it must be a bike like the KTM one of these, meant to be completely mental:

http://www.moto-net.com/images/intermot2004/bmw_k1200r_01.jpg

And take out the BMW insurance whish for £10 allows you to insure any second BMW bike, thereby buying both of the above will effect a considerable saving. Theres a flaw in that plan.

mrs fud
22-02-05, 09:39 PM
Ey up Peter,

Good to hear from you again \:D/

You keep on enjoying the sunshine while we make snowmen :cry:

Can't wait for summer and another trip up to Hartside :lol: oh yes the memories :riding:

speak soon matey

Jo.

Peter Henry
23-02-05, 10:34 PM
Hey Dr.Rich .....You taken a wrong term somewhere and found yourself among us Northerners? :lol: I have not seen that Beemer before but have to say it looks the nuts!
I watched the United game tonight( :cry: ) and those flurries of snow made me wince just looking at them!
Now Mrs.Fud mentioned Hartside now then........ :lol:

Cloggsy
24-02-05, 10:05 AM
http://www.moto-net.com/images/intermot2004/bmw_k1200r_01.jpg

Is this the new 'Rockster' :?: :?

Anonymous
24-02-05, 10:07 AM
No Cloggs not really although Im not sure. Its a naked version of the new sports bike. Apparently its unbelievably quick and a series of these will replace the boxer cup.

Cloggsy
24-02-05, 10:32 AM
No Cloggs not really although Im not sure. Its a naked version of the new sports bike. Apparently its unbelievably quick and a series of these will replace the boxer cup.

I used to like the Rockster... I like the look of that alot :twisted:

Peter Henry
26-02-05, 09:37 AM
I second Cloggsy on that...this is a real funky bike.A little quirky(read...different) in the looks but not in a ridiculous way. Reminds me to some degree of the new KTM Duke heading to a showroom near you real soon!. The Duke reads great and I was and still could be very tempted as it sounds perfect for the real world,(i.e for those not trying to imitate Moto Gp/WSB gods on the roads)The big let down for me though is the 80 mile tank range!
However I have an invite to the KTM Day at my local dealers and if I have to take the Duke out for a spin....well alright then! (it is effing gorgeous in black!) :lol: 8)

amarko5
28-02-05, 03:07 PM
i.e for those not trying to imitate Moto Gp/WSB gods on the roads)

And what may I ask is wrong with trying to emulate ones hero's :P

Yuki did a great job in quatar, keeping suzuki out in front, those poor little ducati's could not keep up , stay with your suzi matey :lol: :lol: :lol: