PDA

View Full Version : '05 Itinerary now available

Jelster
01-03-05, 07:48 AM
This year we're going by overnight train from Calais to Nice. We leave on Friday lunchtime, get on a train in Calais and wake up in the South of France !!

This means we get a day running around the south coast, visiting Nice, riding the coast road through beautiful Villefranche, and maybe lunch in Monaco, riding the F1 route and do "the tunnel".

Ride some of the best biking roads in Europe such as the Col du Vars, Col du Galibier, the N85 out of Cannes, infamous St Bernard Pass, and the D902 to Barcalonette. This year is going to be the best yet.

Download the preliminary itinerary here (http://www.urbanbiker.co.uk/tour_05/files/route_files.zip)

RenamedMonkey
01-03-05, 09:17 AM
I wish I was going on this one :( Have an amazing time 8)

trickdup
21-03-05, 08:08 AM
Who is this open to and whats the cost Steve?

Kev

From Twins to Triples

Jelster
21-03-05, 12:25 PM
Who is this open to and whats the cost Steve?

Kev

From Twins to Triples

You up to coming again ??

Mutley
21-03-05, 12:44 PM
If it is open to anyone I wouldn't mind reserving a space ?

Mike

trickdup
21-03-05, 01:26 PM
Yes dependant on cost. If it is August the it is FRIDAY 26th AUGUST (Spreadsheet says Fri 25th) :D

I am thinking about a Nurbergring trip at a cost of £600 but the ring looks scarey.

Kev

lynw
28-03-05, 09:50 PM
up for it dependant on cost and if I still have a bike on the road...

oh and if it doesnt clash with any court dates over my accident... :D

adam
28-03-05, 11:59 PM
that's a FANTASTIC itinerary , my folks live down that way (mougins) between grasse and cannes off the N85 locally known as the "penetrator". I did most of that route back in october , from nice-monaco-A8/A6 turin, aosta, chamonix , martigny, great st bernard pass and back down .... in a citroen xsara picasso HDI lol (rental car) All the time i was wishing I had my bike, alps maritimes and piedmonte are sweeet... :) Got some great pics :))

kjohanss
29-03-05, 10:19 AM
...some great pics :))

Show us the pics, mate :D

adam
29-03-05, 07:47 PM
will do, i'll upload some and post a link

adam
29-03-05, 08:50 PM
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/adam16v/my_photos
That should work :)

adam
29-03-05, 08:52 PM
Being ultra user friendly yahoo sorted the photos by name , the names may not make sense. Damn yahoo.

kjohanss
29-03-05, 10:35 PM
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/adam16v/my_photos
That should work :)

Amazing pictures :D

Thanks for sharing!

Baldyman
02-04-05, 08:11 PM
Steve,
Definitely interested, just a few family "wrinkles" to smooth out :)
How long before you need to bulk buy train tickets/have definite answers etc ?

Jelster
03-04-05, 09:23 AM
Well I was hoping to have had that done about 2 weeks ago but we're looking to see if we can get the tickets cheaper by going direct. Pete's other half speaks fluent French and spoke to the French tarin company of Fridayand I'm waiting for an update.

So to answer your question... I'm not entirely sure but it won't be long....

falc
05-05-05, 08:30 AM
Sounds awesome but may clash with a holiday doh!

Def. interested if i can wangle this holiday ok