PDA

View Full Version : 67th Pioneer London to Brighton Run Sunday 20th March

Banjo
08-03-05, 03:08 PM
The SOC South Coast Group will be joining in on this annual event.

Meet at either Cowfold, (A272)West Sussex park in car park back of twin roundabout, at 11am then take a slow ride with classic bikes down to Brighton Sea front, parking bikes to the right of Brighton Pier by 2pm, or meet at Brighton pier to look at the pioneering bikes that started it all.

If wind is low see Tiny's famous bike rack barbie in action, usually around 30 bikes from club, ride is moderate speed (60 - 80mph)

According to the AA, it takes just over an hour to get to Cowfold from Gosport.

Banjo
18-03-05, 12:35 PM
For anyone in the Gosport area, meet outside PAragon at 8 ! in the morning for the run to Tiny's place for bacon butties and a cuppa.

Carsick
18-03-05, 12:46 PM
That's paragon rider training, right? The orange bikerz ones?

I think I might come along on Sunday, will take me a bit over an hour to get to Gosport, though, so you'll see me chugging red bull for most of the day.

Banjo
18-03-05, 04:38 PM
You got it Carsick, look forward to meeting you.

Carsick
20-03-05, 07:55 PM
Hey Banjo.

Sorry I didn't make it along, I hope you weren't waiting long for me.
I overslept rather badly this morning.

Banjo
21-03-05, 09:18 AM
Dont worry m8, you missed a good run, pity. Lots of bacon butties to set us up then a pleasant run out to Cowfold.

Watching bikes that are 100 years old with leather drive belts and no brakes really makes you appreciate your modern machine even when it plays up!

Brighton was unreal, absolutely roasting and packed! You couldn't move. You will have to set your alarm next time :lol:

There is a run to Bridport planned for Easter Sunday if you are interested.

Carsick
21-03-05, 09:35 AM
I'm definitely jealous, I've seen Mark's photos of the day.
I've been reliably informed that I did wake up when the alarm went off but then I switched it off and went back to sleep. I don't remember that.
Oh well, there's always next year, and lots of rideouts to look forward to this summer.