PDA

View Full Version : I have to take a break from riding

ArtyLady
13-03-05, 09:41 PM
Just to let you all know that I have just come out of hospital having suffered a seizure and am unable to ride (or drive come to that) for a year. :cry:

When I have come to terms with it a bit more Ill get Mr Mumstoy to bring me to a couple of the Battlesbridge meets.

Ride safe all

wheelnut
13-03-05, 10:01 PM
Very sorry to hear that. hope everything sorts itself out :shock:

bluebell
13-03-05, 10:45 PM
Hope you come on o.k.

Warren
13-03-05, 11:38 PM
:( sorry to hear that . . .

im sure a year will fly by . . . they always do.

jonboy
13-03-05, 11:40 PM
Lorna so very very sorry to hear this. So glad you're going to be okay and if there's anything at all I can do to help just let me know.

Bones2004
14-03-05, 12:40 AM
Sorry to hear the bad news Lorna, I suppose I'd better go on more rides to make sure everyone remembers that yellow is the best colour.

Please let me know if theres anything I can help with.

pegasus
14-03-05, 06:08 AM
best wishes lorna, i'm gonna miss you and your toy...what a blow to biking society good lookin lady with good lookin bike....wish i had a magic wand to make this year vanish quicker

Iansv
14-03-05, 07:59 AM
Really sorry to hear that Lorna, hope to still see you at some of the meets...

let me know if you need anything (once my bikes fixed)

Conrad Poons
14-03-05, 10:18 AM
That's awful news. :cry: :cry:

Good luck for a succesful and speedy recovery.

ArtyLady
14-03-05, 11:57 AM
thanks for all your kind replies - I know it could be worse but right now I feel my world has fallen apart - Im terrified of having another one - no one can tell me whether I will or not - its just a case of suck it and see and hope the meds work.

On a brighter note - Im going out to get a bicycle this week - but I dont think Ill be able to keep up with you all unless I put my Scorpion can on it :lol:

Lorna x

Viney
14-03-05, 12:15 PM
We have never met, but i wish you all the best. i take that you have made a fullr ecovery from the siezure, and the ban from driving/riding is just a precaution?

Take care

K
14-03-05, 12:52 PM
Awww crapstick honey. Hope the drugs sort everything out for you and you're back on board soon.

Still going to be coming here though aren't you?! 8)

Warren
14-03-05, 01:59 PM
a friend of mine had a seizure,

then another one in the hospital.

he was not allowed to drive for a year,
he had all the scans and stuff, the doctors could figure out why he had them.

after 3 weeks, he was allowed to drive again.

Ping
14-03-05, 02:20 PM
:( :( :(

RenamedMonkey
14-03-05, 02:26 PM
On a brighter note - Im going out to get a bicycle this week - but I dont think Ill be able to keep up with you all unless I put my Scorpion can on it :lol:

Lorna x

I realise it may have said "will give you an extra 5bhp" on the side of the box, but I think your missing a vital ingredient here :wink:

I can't imagine what your feeling right now, I hope things pan out as best they can, no doubt there's plenty of offers of taking you as pillion, but obviously it's not quite the same.

bikageboy's story sounds promising and interesting :?: 3 weeks after being told they would not be able to ride for a year?

Conrad Poons
14-03-05, 04:35 PM
But look at Bikage's signature...

30mphmax
14-03-05, 06:54 PM
So sorry to hear that Lorna. Fingers crossed the licence comes back before a year.

We'll see you at Battlesbridge soon

Make sure you buy a yellow bicycle.......

Lots of love

Karen xx

nickj
14-03-05, 10:56 PM
Sorry to hear this, hope your ok

Dicky Ticker
15-03-05, 05:18 PM
As per our phone chat Lorna[Chins up] :lol: Get better sooooooon :wink: :wink:

Forsee another mega poster on the cards

RobSV
15-03-05, 10:35 PM
Lorna,

This is sad news indeed. I hope you make a full and speedy recovery, and can get back to your role of leading us around the Essex countryside.

In the mean time you'll have to get your scorpion can on that standby vehicle of yours:

http://img33.exs.cx/img33/2291/burnhamsv33ma.jpg

All the best,

Rob

ArtyLady
16-03-05, 11:45 AM
See I shouldnt have tempted fate - far too advanced for me definately :wink: dont have licence for that hehehe (Im saying this through the tears :cry: )

Guys Im so gutted it feels worse every day - I just looked at my baby in the shed and cried. I dont care about not driving the car at all its the bike im going to miss.

Im hoping my Neurologist will come up with a provocation for the seizure (ie prescribed meds I was on that could have caused it - Ive been trawling the net) in which case I may not lose my licence for so long but Im not holding my breath :cry:

Ping
16-03-05, 05:26 PM
See I shouldnt have tempted fate - far too advanced for me definately :wink: dont have licence for that hehehe (Im saying this through the tears :cry: )

Guys Im so gutted it feels worse every day - I just looked at my baby in the shed and cried. I dont care about not driving the car at all its the bike im going to miss.

Im hoping my Neurologist will come up with a provocation for the seizure (ie prescribed meds I was on that could have caused it - Ive been trawling the net) in which case I may not lose my licence for so long but Im not holding my breath :cry:

Oh Lorna, it's SO unfair. :(
All I can say is take it day by day... you will be able to ride again soon, just keep that in your mind. But please don't stress yourself out... you need to recover so u can get back on ur bike.

We're all here for you. Gimme a shout if you need anything, ok?

Anonymous
19-03-05, 07:54 PM
sorry to hear this mum! hope you have full recovery and are back on bike and away from the kids soon :lol:

ArtyLady
20-03-05, 10:11 PM
Well guys - Im feeling absolutely fine - just waiting to see my Neuro - I am hanging on the hope that depending on what he makes of the circumstances maybe I wont have to stop driving/riding for so long. I jumped to the year conclusion cos thats what I have heard - so watch this space (not going to hold my breath though) and as soon as I know for sure you'all know bout it. My Piano playing is coming on a treat though :lol:

svrunner
21-03-05, 08:19 PM
Hi Lorna,
sorry to hear the news.
hopefully things won't be as bad as you first feared and you will be back out and about on the SV again sooner rather than later

hope to see you soon

Steve.

Nutkins
22-03-05, 11:59 AM
I hope the 'year off' goes well with regards to your health.

Messie
13-04-05, 07:59 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that Lorna. I was hoping to meet up with you this time around.

I don't live far away so if you fancy a lift to Battlesbridge just let me know. Sorry but i havn't got the SV anymore but it's still a bike! Just pm me.

Good luck and keep strong

Sally