PDA

View Full Version : slip-on cans

simmosv650s
14-03-05, 05:51 PM
I have considered getting a new sporty can for my k3 sv650s, but am not sure how to go about it. When i buy a new can do i get the link pipe with it or can i buy a link pipe seperate? is it worth cutting my existing pipe to fit a slip-on can? any ideas where i can get these from, tried busters and they dont seem to do any exhausts for me bike.
cheers all

kwak zzr
14-03-05, 10:15 PM
youve probably read my thread about scorpion cans,
if you order one of those you cut your exising can off and fit the new with the link pipe which comes provided you can choose standard or high level link pipes.the kit also comes with another pipe which allow you to connect the original can back on it you ever want to.
its not just scorpion that do it i think most cans come like that,only the viper can comes in seperate pieces.
i will let you know what the scorp's like when i've fitted it.
daz(midlands)

chris SVK3
14-03-05, 10:23 PM
i have just brought a high level remus revolution can in titanium, initial thought not to keen on the high level pipe it gets in the way of my heel as i tend to ride on my toes but then i will get use to it. Sounds fantastic, still got the baffle in as im having problem drilling out the rivet. The first bit of metal on a bike not made of cheese just my luck. One more down side cost £318 fora can aint cheap.

kwak zzr
14-03-05, 10:44 PM
chris just noticed your from brum! do you ever go to the wheel of worfield or bassets pole? might see you there when the weather get abit better?
oh and the baffle on the scorpion is held in place by an allen bolt so it easy to get out.
daz(midlands)

chris SVK3
14-03-05, 10:58 PM
you lucky sod :twisted: I hate drill/ cutting things near the bike and yes i go to bassett irregularly it only round the corner from me.

kwak zzr
15-03-05, 08:56 PM
may'be see you at bassets then,by the way are the cop's always there now since that accident last year?
daz(walsall)