PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Can Company S/S Twin Outlet

PoRk ChOp
18-03-05, 06:55 PM
:shock: :shock: HOLY JESUS :shock: :shock:

Firstly, how loud are these things :shock: I am not joking when I say it has rattled out my fillings and given me the biggest headache ever.

I ordered it yesterday and as promised it arrived today. Got home unpacked it which took ages as it was packed ready for WW3! The only thing that let it down was the really crap instructions :? Anyway seeing as its not rocket science I set away with my angle grinder and lopped off the old hunk of junk :lol: and then set about offering up and dry fitting the new can.

The can kicks out slightly, but it looks fine (I have read that they all do this, let me know if I'm wrong) but that aside it looks sooooo 8) I had an audience of 5 kids while fitting :roll: eventually got the whole thing on and tightened up, started the bike up and then my worst nightmare happened.......the bloody baffles fell out :shock: :wink: :lol: Holy mother of god!!!

Every time I put the damn things in they just fell straight back out :wink: To be honest they are sooo small they aint worth having in anyway (well, not untill Mrs PC tells me too anyway (she has been at work today :D ))

My kids could hear the bike from about half a mile away :twisted: It sound amazing on the overrun and when blipping down the box. Did I mention how load it is??? :wink:

The build quality is second to none, I have had a look at a lot of cans over the last few weeks, and this seems as good as most.

I will take some pictures asap (Sunday) and get them posted up.

650newb
19-03-05, 01:05 PM
nice, cant wait to see them. how much did the exhaust cost? and from where?

Cloggsy
19-03-05, 01:38 PM
:shock: :shock: HOLY JESUS :shock: :shock:

Good in'it :twisted:

I will take some pictures asap (Sunday) and get them posted up.

If you need 'em hosting, e-mail 'em to me & i'll do the buisiness :wink:

chris SVK3
19-03-05, 09:12 PM
I wish had your problem with the baffle falling out i still can't drill that damn rivet out which holds my remus baffle in :evil:

PoRk ChOp
20-03-05, 03:55 PM
Good in'it :twisted:

Sure is mate.

Anyway here are a few photos of 'The Pipe of Broken Peace'

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/smashy41/sv650s006.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/smashy41/Image1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/smashy41/Image2.jpg

dmc2373
20-03-05, 11:11 PM
how much m8??

PoRk ChOp
21-03-05, 09:38 AM
how much m8??

You have a pm and so does 650newb :wink:

Hulsey
01-04-05, 10:44 AM
Hey porkchop I'm after a CCC standard level, oval, stainless, road legal, twin outlet mutha for my 01 SVS. Did you get yours direct of CCC or from somewhere like M&P? what did you end up paying for it and I take it from the loudness you didn't opt for the 'road legal' option!

PoRk ChOp
01-04-05, 11:06 AM
Did you get yours direct of CCC

Sure did mate, you can find the details on the main page.

what did you end up paying for it

You have a pm

and I take it from the loudness you didn't opt for the 'road legal' option!

I did purchase a road legal version (BS stamped) but as soon as the baffles are removed (mine fell out :wink: ) it turns into a fire breathing earthquake making mother of an end can, oh yeah - and illegal :twisted: I just cant bring myself round to putting them back in :roll:

The baffles are tiny and are under my seat cowl just incase the need ever arrises to refit them (takes about 30 seconds) :lol:

Cloggsy
01-04-05, 12:35 PM
The baffles are tiny and are under my seat cowl just incase the need ever arrises to refit them (takes about 30 seconds) :lol:

You took the words right out of my mouth :wink:

Hulsey
01-04-05, 01:43 PM
Nice one porkchop, thats a bit cheaper than they are quoting me but nevermind. Still got a few more pennies to save before I take the plunge, but it seems thats the can for me. Thanks mate.

PoRk ChOp
01-04-05, 01:51 PM
Thanks mate.
Glad I could help mate 8)

650newb
02-04-05, 05:27 PM
im gonna have a look up at the BMF this year and see wot they want