PDA

View Full Version : spotted today yellow SV's at cat and fiddle

gerbilion
18-03-05, 09:19 PM
Oh that would be me then :D

sorry bored as not alot happening on site tonite :?

Anyway seeing as im not working at the moment decided to make the most of it and went out for a ride 120 miles later i materialised home :mrgreen:

headed out from crewe to congleton then A54 to buxton, but went to cat and fiddle first for a cuppa, down to buxton, then matlock, on the A6, from there headed towards Belper but cut across country on the B5035 to Ashbourne, then back up the A515 to Buxton, Then A537 to Macclesfield past the cat and fiddle down the twistys to macclesfield and picked up the congleton road to come home to crewe...... and i didnt get lost :!:

Sorry if thats a naff route.... but spending 3 years in cambridge you forget what a hill looks like :wink:

Any suggestions for some ride outs :?: New to area and want to learn more routes and get out on some rideouts :D so come on peeps pm or post a thread about a route or meet up, would like to meet some of you lot from up this way

cheers kev

Red ones
18-03-05, 09:23 PM
It wasn't me!

Mine's red and at the garage. I don't know any of the roads there, but I am finding this evening a little quiet!

OF.uk
18-03-05, 11:57 PM
Have to go to Blues Brothers Autos in Crewe on Saturday morning to pick up a headlight for the Camaro. My son then wants to go to Brighouse to see my dad so wondering whether to go via Macc, Buxton, Sheffield, Huddersfield as we'll be on the bike. Either that or the M6, M62..........bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbboooooooorrrrrrriiiii nnnnngggggggggggggggg

OF.uk
19-03-05, 07:28 PM
Boy did I get lost in Derbyshire today. The last town I remember going through was Buxton whilst trying to find Huddersfield without a map :lol: . Did find some cracking roads though and I'm not convinced that my gel seat was worth the best part of £90 as my ar$e still seems to get sore after 200+ miles in the saddle, and the bike seems to be losing oil from the right hand engine cover and my lower fairings have melted on the down pipe :twisted:, and I've got to get up at 5am to do another car boot sale :twisted: :twisted:
OK, rant over :D

ophic
19-03-05, 07:44 PM
The last town I remember going through was Buxton whilst trying to find Huddersfield without a map :lol:

Well if you go via Holme Moss and your bike has an alarm, don't be tempted to stop to admire the view. You'll end up coasting down the hill with no power and the alarm blaring, as I did... :lol:

OF.uk
19-03-05, 08:05 PM
I seem to remember that thread :lol: :lol: :lol: although not amusing at the time I'm sure.

gerbilion
19-03-05, 09:19 PM
Went out on same route today but went with the misses, stopped off at matlock bath for a walk about and a break.... quite a few SV's out and about today :D ....

nice ride back until on the way down from the cat and fiddle towards macclesfield there had been a nasty accident, dont know what or who was involved as we got turned round just as the air ambulance came in to land :? :(