PDA

View Full Version : Teccy's versus Levvoz.

Anonymous
20-03-05, 12:51 AM
I have some Held textile stuff (matching Denim style 'street wear') which have been good.

However, numerous people have been telling me that leathers offer much better protection (even thought these are Cordura Gore-Tex Padded-To-Hell with armour, etc)

Is this true, or just a sales thing to try and make me part with my cash. If it is true, I'd get a set of leathers for summer and use the Held stuff in the winter (as they're warm with removable linings).

What do you lot wear? Would I get a good set of leathers for 500 quid? Not neccesarily any of this fancy Dainese stuff, just some good looking, quality gear which will look good with my Blue bike :)

wheelnut
20-03-05, 01:00 AM
Of course leathers offer far more protection then textiles. For £500 you can get a very good set of leathers, You then have a choice of either one or two piece, but if you go for two piece, It is better if you get an all round or 3/4 zip

No one is trying to rip you off by suggesting you need leathers over textile, but if you want to ride all year round then maybe a pair of each would be best

BURNER
20-03-05, 01:12 AM
I've got a cordura jacket for crappy weather and leathers for everything else. Paid £200- for a new 2 piece Arlen Ness set(ebay) spent another £40- getting them altered.
I reckon abrasion resistance is higher with leather than textile. If you come off and have to slide the leather is the one to have. Somebody once said, dress for the crash, not the ride.