PDA

View Full Version : Where the bl**dy hell were you lot then

OF.uk
26-03-05, 06:44 PM
Ok, I travelled 70 miles from East Lancs to Squires. As soon as I entered Yorkshire the weather changed but that didn't deter me. Sat at Squires from 10.15 -11am before meeting Courdelion, then Captain Nemo. Stayed 'til around12 then buggered off.
So where were the rst of you?......Wusses!! :wink:

Nice meeting you guys by the way.

SPeeeeDY
26-03-05, 07:04 PM
It was tooooo wet for me today, but i was there yesterday!!!

SPeeeeDY

GSXR Carlos
26-03-05, 07:17 PM
i was at the leisure lakes in southport, and got rained on, on the way there :lol:

Cloggsy
26-03-05, 08:02 PM
Richie1743 & I were 'detained' by the visits of our 'in-laws' :roll:

Amarko5 didn't venture down from Cumbria because the site was down & he didn't know when (& at what time) people were meeting :roll:

Sorry we didn't make it... Next time though :wink:

OF.uk
26-03-05, 08:16 PM
Can we exchange a few phone numbers. If I'd been able to contact a few people and known there wasn't going to be a ride out I wouldn't have ventured over. I think for future ride outs a number exchange would be a good idea.
If people don't want to post them publicly we could always pm them.
Paul.
07855 338835

rob13
26-03-05, 09:22 PM
I got there about 1, stopped for about 20 mins (on me lonesome) and then left. Saw a couple of SVs coming in as i left.

timwilky
27-03-05, 08:36 AM
I got over as far as Leeds and the weather was getting progresively worse, so sod this for a game of soldiers and went back to where the sun was still shining.

FUBAR
27-03-05, 11:25 AM
I was at a football tournament, damn we got knocked out in the 1/4 finals, no not me, the u8`s Clifton Rangers.........

and im still working, so no Easter Bunny for Fubar this year......

:cry:

PBx
27-03-05, 05:35 PM
Wasn't going to be able to get out on Saturday, then got a last minute opportunity, so I went up to Glasson to check out that you could actually go direct from Glasson to the Bridge without going through Lancaster (and you can its a pretty good route).

Then just a bimble round before heading back down to Long Preston and home.

Captain Nemo
27-03-05, 06:09 PM
who would have thought it eh a bit of rain and everyone goes soft!!!

sat in squires from 9.30 am and not an SV in sight, except OFuk, but i didnt know what he looked like then, met cordelion as i was just about to leave cant miss him hes like 9 anda half foot tall 8)

well you all missed out !!

we were treatedto some plank reving the tits off a VTR in neutral..

soft poofters bit of rain never hurt anyone .....

most dissapointed in the turn out
good intentions and all that...........

carlos19679
27-03-05, 07:26 PM
Dont forget about his bleach blonde hair as well :D to match the colour of his blike.

how are things going paul, next auction 9th april if you want to put some stuff in Carl

Couerdelion
27-03-05, 09:09 PM
Well the weather was crap so I didn't really expect to see too many people there, but was hoping for more than 3 .

Good to meet both Mark and Paul anyway. Probably chose a bad time to meet up with it also being the first meet up of the year for the York IAM so when I walked in it was packed and there was no chance of being able to spot anyone.

Hopefully when we meet up next, there will be more of us :-)

OF.uk
28-03-05, 10:19 PM
Dont forget about his bleach blonde hair as well :D to match the colour of his blike.

how are things going paul, next auction 9th april if you want to put some stuff in Carl
Thanks for giving me 1st refusal on your spare bits Carl!! :wink: The only things I need are a d/b screen and crash bungs :? I'd have had them off you if I'd known you were selling them.
Not got a great deal left to get rid of other than general carboot/ebay type stuff. Anyway, where's my cheque for the last lot? I'm skint again now :lol: :lol: :lol:

carlos19679
28-03-05, 10:33 PM
lol
sorry paul. your cheque mate know theres a good question, it takes our accounts dept 4 weeks after the sale I am back in work on wednesday i will chase it up for you. get anywhere good this weekend.

we went to devils bridge and skipton today :wink:

and guess what everone not one bloody copper in sight with there radar guns today. know that must be a first for a bank holiday monday, Unless they had used all there film up over the last few days :!:

OF.uk
28-03-05, 10:40 PM
get anywhere good this weekend.

As this thread suggests, I went to Squires on Saturday...in the pi$$ing rain!! :twisted: Can't remember what I did at all yesterday....oh yes, car boot sale in Clitheroe. Went on the bike and dropped youngest son (yes he really is 14 :wink: :lol: ) off in Halifax this evening. Was looking forward to the ride back from Todmorden to Bacup but my fog city visor insert was badly "misted" so couldn't "give it some" :cry: . Can't think I'll be getting out much this week unless the mrs offers to fill the bike up for me :? Still, plenty to do at home :cry: