PDA

View Full Version : MUC OFF & BIKE SPRAY

REEVESIE
26-03-05, 10:03 PM
I know that this has been posted before but, I spent the morning cleaning my bike and tried MUC OFF for the first time. I have tried many cleaners before but wow what great stuff cleaned loads of the engine components with it and the dirt and grease just fell away before I even brushed and sponged it.

I then used some Bike spray in a black can. All you do is just spray the whole bike excluding the discs and wipe down with a duster. It forms a laquer and makes the bike just gleam, it also acts as a water repellent.

Well chuffed. :D

P.S Did'nt even need to bother waxing.

Banus
08-04-05, 11:36 PM
Hi,
Would be nice to know what the stuff in the black can is though ? Although I 'suspect' its silicone ?

Moo
01-05-05, 04:16 PM
Been using both for a couple of years now.

thegripper
05-02-06, 03:44 PM
Good day all, might seem a git of a naive question but where might I be able to get some of this MUC OFF?

Will this stuff clean up my downpipe as it looks pretty bad and needs a good clean on my naked SV. :?:
http://upload2.postimage.org/110468/tinkywinky.jpg (http://upload2.postimage.org/110468/photo_hosting.html)

Carsick
05-02-06, 03:56 PM
You'll need an abrasive metal polish to get the rust off of the downpipes.
You can get this stuff from most bike accessories shops, bike dealers or online.

thegripper
05-02-06, 04:01 PM
Cheers Pal :)

Freeloader
05-02-06, 07:34 PM
Buy Muck Off from all reasonble bike shops...its pink.

Don't buy rival product Hope '**** Shifter' it is crap and leaves a white residue.

northwind
07-02-06, 05:14 PM
Halfords with Bike Huts in them sell Muc Off, it's really good. But i use Hein Gericke's "Blatant Knock-Off" which is much the same at a fraction of the price.

kinesin
13-02-06, 11:33 PM
I've heard of some very results using Fenwick caravan cleaner.* :shock:
So I've got some.. I'll update everyone on how good it is, once the bike is dirty again.

*Note this is only on the cycling forums.. but Muc-off was originally a MTB cleaning product. :wink:

Cloggsy
14-02-06, 09:42 AM
I spent the morning cleaning my bike and tried MUC OFF for the first time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MUC OFF, sounds like....

:roll: Marketing huh :roll:

JakeRS
14-02-06, 10:08 AM
or use gunk... quality stuff, and smells gorgeous when the engine gets hot :twisted:

Jase22
15-02-06, 09:49 AM
I spent the morning cleaning my bike and tried MUC OFF for the first time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MUC OFF, sounds like....

:roll: Marketing huh :roll:

Not quite as close as Silkolene with their "Fuchs-Off" though!!! :lol: :lol:

Jelster
15-02-06, 10:44 AM
but Muc-off was originally a MTB cleaning product.

Does the Navy still have Motor Torpedo Boats ? :lol:

Peter Henry
15-02-06, 12:56 PM
Leigh....You reminded me of what I used to use way back when,if no Gunk available I used to use Jizer? Is that still around in the UK these days? Remember it was a rather "watery" liquid with a pink colour? That too smelled rather nice. :wink: