PDA

View Full Version : Hello

jelv
27-03-05, 04:33 PM
Hello all you irish sv riders. I am northern irish person myself and currently looking to buy a 2nd hand sv!!

Really I am looking for some advice, where did you all get your sv's from? I was thinking of heading over to U.K to purchase one. However is there any good motorcycle dealers up here in northern ireland that I should try first?

alka
27-03-05, 06:45 PM
I deal quite a lot with McNultys in Enniskillen and I find them very helpful ya should give them a shout

Sharpy
27-03-05, 06:51 PM
try gs motorcycles in hillsborough and ballymena thye always have a sv or 2 layin about in the used lot.

You could also try hursts in belfast, or mcallens in lurgan ive seen sv's appear in both from time to time.

morty
28-03-05, 01:20 PM
You could always buy privately, have a look in the Belfast Telegraph. Should be a good bit cheaper than buying from a dealer if you want to take the risk.

Paul

Logie bear
28-03-05, 08:23 PM
Hi Jelv,
you could always try the ebay, but when buying agree only to pay on collect. There are always some good bargins to be had, this forum has a lot of bikes in the for sale section.
Good hunting.

Ride safe
Sean.

Aaron C
30-04-05, 11:00 AM
GS motorcycles in ballymena is your best bet, thats where i got mine! 8)

GC-SV
03-05-05, 06:32 AM
Hi and welcome.

If I'm not mistaken, I say one for sale in the Belfast Telegraph at the weekend.
Other than that try GS motorcycles as they are an official Suzuki dealer.

belfastbiker2003
10-05-05, 07:33 PM
Wonder if he ever did buy an sv?!?!?!?

Anyone know

Steve

jelv
12-05-05, 10:18 PM
heh, suppose I better answer that then!

Ended up not going for the sv, insurance was just too high for me as a first time biker. I am however *just* home right now from scotland where I purchased a beautiful wee honda hornet 250. Flew into glasgow this morning, checked it out and rode it 2-up with dad home. No doubt the time will come when I progress to a SV but for now I am more than pleased with the wee hornet!!

hope I am still welcome on the sv-forums :D

oh yeah... check out picture of it at (these picture were taken by the guy who sold it to me)...

http://groups.msn.com/RVF400/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=360

belfastbiker2003
12-05-05, 10:45 PM
Thats cool - mate - I wish you all the best with it and you are more than welcome in the forum here - we will just keep pressing you til you become an sv convert although in saying that you have the likes of Darren who became a traitor and owns a tlr and sharpy and his mille!!!! lol

Your also more than welcome on our scottish trip - if you can keep up in your hairnet - sorry i mean ON your Hornet!!!! lol

Steve

jelv
28-08-06, 10:06 PM
hehe, sorry to resurrect a old thread but I got some good news :) just bought a 2000 SV650 with 4600 miles for £1775! I'm very pleased with it and it is sure different from the rev-happy 250 Hornet, it just pulls and pulls... soo much more torque and I don't have to scream the head of it.

Only problem is this horrible rain in NI- don't want to get it all wet!!

ben

yvo6
30-08-06, 10:19 PM
hi jelv

glad to hear you are enjoying your SV they are really great fun with loads of poke. if you dont want to get it wet there wont be many more miles on it when you are ready to sell again :lol: :lol: :lol: it rains over here most of the time from now on!!!! :roll:

have fun and stay safe :D

yvo