PDA

View Full Version : Reading

Phoenix
29-03-05, 03:57 PM
Hi all

Was just wondering being pretty new here and new rider if there are many other SV riders near me in Reading and where the closest meet to me is?

cheers

Anonymous
29-03-05, 05:15 PM
For SV realted stuff your a bit stuck in the middle there. It would be worth a trip to see the Soho Massive, and the London chaps come out your way regulary. BigApe's in Newbury so nearer. We dont meet that much of late in the Bristol area but Baldyman is in Swindon and rides out regularly I think. Dont forget the annual rideout anyway, and if you do fancy a bit if a run we will be heading out of Bristol for the Wales rideout in about 3 weeks.

I guess theres some general bike meets your way, or is it a bit of a biking black hole?

Phoenix
29-03-05, 06:11 PM
Cheers for the reply GS Rich Reading does seem to be a bit of a black hole in the middle like you say it either seems to be to the east in london or the west like yourself in bristol.

With only a couple of months riding under my belt im not looking to be racing around with highly experienced riders as i will never keep up :cry:

Sure i will venture a bit further a field once i get some more experience under my belt though and would be good to meet up with some fellow SV owners or other bikers in general really.

cheers

Term
29-03-05, 07:08 PM
Are they lowers still shining Pheonix :wink:

Carsick
29-03-05, 08:10 PM
You're seriously saying you can't find any bikers in Reading?
Go into the city centre and throw a stone, I bet you'll hit one.
From chatting to a few people there and going through last year for an interview with MS, it sounds like one of the most biker friendly cities in England.

Phoenix
29-03-05, 09:43 PM
The lowers are still nice and shiny thanks term yeah had to trim them to fit some bike sliders but that all went well so the bike is looking much nicer now.

Carsick im not saying by no means Reading has no bikers dont get me wrong there are plenty of bikers around i mean for local meets ect i have only seen a couple of SV's since i bought mine.

Carsick
29-03-05, 09:49 PM
I have only seen a couple of SV's since i bought mine.
Strange, I think I counted about 7 just on one traffic island in the centre of the city.
Well, in a couple of years I might be living there. I'm applying for a job with MS.

Phoenix
29-03-05, 09:57 PM
Guess i must be Riding around the wrong area then or they just all came out on show for when you came down :wink:

Guess its not to bad place to live really certainly not the cheapest but then guess london ect is alot worse, depends how much you get payed.

Dont mean to sound dumb when you say but im guessing MS is microsoft right? any company that has games consoles for the staff to wind down with when there stressed sounds good to me, well so im told.

Carsick
29-03-05, 11:26 PM
MS = Microsoft, yup.
They do indeed have x-boxes as well as a pool table and a big tv with sky.
They also claim not to care if you're not at your desk, so long as the work gets done.

In summer, they claim to have a stack of blankets in the lobby and an ice cream van in the car park, people can go sit on the lawns with their laptops.

Those are just little things, though, not what I need in a job. The reason I'm applying there straight after uni is the £24k starting salary, generally good working conditions and some nice benefits.
Once I've been there a few years, I will certainly move on. The money doesn't get as good with experience compared to some companies.

Kate
30-03-05, 08:23 AM
Go into the city centre and throw a stone, I bet you'll hit one.
Yeah, that will win you friends.

I used to live in Reading, good place I reckon. Phoenix, come to the Soho meet! Its a laugh and London really isn't that far away from Reading.

Mogs
30-03-05, 08:46 AM
Cheers for the reply GS Rich Reading does seem to be a bit of a black hole in the middle like you say it either seems to be to the east in london or the west like yourself in bristol.

With only a couple of months riding under my belt im not looking to be racing around with highly experienced riders as i will never keep up :cry:
Sure i will venture a bit further a field once i get some more experience under my belt though and would be good to meet up with some fellow SV owners or other bikers in general really.

cheers

Join us, you know you want to, we won't be going warp speed, we're arranging a roadsweeper to travel just in front of Rich so that nothing contaminates his GS :) .

Anonymous
30-03-05, 09:10 AM
Join us, you know you want to, we won't be going warp speed, we're arranging a roadsweeper to travel just in front of Rich so that nothing contaminates his GS :) .

:lol:

However I will have you know its in the garage with flies and mud on it and wont be getting a clean for a little while yet :shock:

(it still looks clean from a a distance tho :lol: )

Phoenix, when i started biking I was keen to ride with the SV- and the SV-alike crowd just to keep away from the nutters. I'm glad I did as it was a good sensible introduction to ride-outs etc. So........I take it you are now the proud owner of the best looking curvey in the west, then :wink:

Phoenix
30-03-05, 05:58 PM
Thanks for all your replies much appreciated

I see you used to live in purley then kate thats just up the road yeah used to go swimming in the river there in the summer when was younger.

Well i would certainly be interested in coming out for a ride around then i might just manage to keep up with the roadsweeper :lol:

Not so sure mine is the best looking Curvey on the west but im certainly working on it best i can.

Anonymous
30-03-05, 07:03 PM
Ah you bought the lowers then, I assumed youd bought all of Term's bike :D

Phoenix
30-03-05, 07:09 PM
No just the lowers to nicely tidy up my bike think the SV looks much nicer with the lowers on it and hides the bike sliders really well makes them look much shorter.

Baldyman
31-03-05, 10:58 AM
Welcome Phoenix, as (GS :shock: :shock: ) Rich said, I'm in Swindon and NEVER need an excuse for a rideout. I'm normally heading up to Soho on a Friday and passing Reading around 1800hrs.

Fully understand your concerns about rideouts and pace, but EVERY rideout I've been out on in the last year has catered for ALL abilities.

I need to checkout a few roads for this years annual rideout in June, so if you fancy a pootle aound the Cotswolds this Sunday, then PM me.

If you bought Term's bike then you have a lovely looking (well clean anyway :wink: ) bike. (it's a curvy versus angular thing :twisted: )

Talking of abilities, anyone fancy Thruxton (Andover, Hampshire) British Superbikes on Sun April 10th?

Brands Hatch was brilliant and I'm looking to attend as many rounds as I can this year.

diamond
31-03-05, 11:01 AM
I wanna go to Thruxton as it's not far from me but i don't know if i'll have my bike back by then. :(

Term
31-03-05, 08:30 PM
Ah you bought the lowers then, I assumed youd bought all of Term's bike :D

Lowers only Rich,
the undertray i sold to Carlos,
the M4 pipe has gone all the way to N.Ireland via e-bay,
the bike itself i have no ideal but it was all standard went last dropped off at G-whites in mid-January. :cry:
but now busy making the ZX6R the finest in the south-west :lol: