PDA

View Full Version : Bomb?

SVeeedy Gonzales
01-04-05, 03:14 PM
A friend at work is going to an inventors fair in Geneva soon, and this is what he's taking. In the case. On the plane. :shock:
He only thought it looked a bit like a bomb after I pointed it out, but I swear he's going down when they get a look at this in their scanning machine. It's even got loads of magnets which apparently sets the machines off anyway. Nutter. :twisted:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/apridmore/bomb.jpg

Iansv
01-04-05, 03:17 PM
he's got a death wish... as soon as that goes through the scanner he's gonna get pulled, dragged off to a side room and get a cavity search, the case will probably get blown up....

unless no-one bothering to look at the scanner in which case he'll be fine, till he comes back :lol: :lol:

Truly mental

shutdown
01-04-05, 03:18 PM
what is it?

if he's presenting a new invention that will blow up an aircraft I vote he wins!

Sudoxe
01-04-05, 03:18 PM
Cool! I got a <nasty telling off> for not taking my laptop out its bag at dublin!

What is it?

wyrdness
01-04-05, 03:19 PM
What is it?

Anonymous
01-04-05, 03:19 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rubber glove time!

SVeeedy Gonzales
01-04-05, 03:20 PM
It's a new type of fluid flow measurement device thingy.

Still looks like a bomb though!

Anonymous
01-04-05, 03:20 PM
What is it?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously tho, he wont. Its the way of the world. Turn up with a black ball with a fuse sticking out the top....fine.

Have your mobile phone at a sloghtly odd angle in the scanner....down to the pants sir.

Anonymous
01-04-05, 03:25 PM

lynw
01-04-05, 03:36 PM

Rubber glove time!

http://www.members.shaw.ca/survival2004/Doctor%20snapping%20rubber%20glove%204.jpg

:lol:

I would merely like to point out they arent the gloves customs use... we use the thicker ones... after all you dont want the glove to break while doing a body search... and frankly if I had any choice over whether to do a body search, Id be putting the suspect in the cells and getting him to use the special loo if I had a choice....

tbh the body search is one drawback of a uniformed post... at least in the tax office you dont have to do that.... :)

But he is gonna get crucified unless he can show that its the fluid flow thingy...

German airport security was bad enough... shoes off and scanned... bit embarrassing with the wire in my bra setting the scanner off... :oops: :oops:

right, kitting up and off to soho now... c ya later...

RenamedMonkey
01-04-05, 03:41 PM
Let us know what happens, you just know there's going to be trouble :lol:

SVeeedy Gonzales
01-04-05, 03:45 PM
The way he shows it's a fluid flow thingy is the best... he has to push the button connected to the bottom of the long white thing on the right. :shock: I'd love to see that happen. Also, when you do touch it, the LCD glows red and figures (knots) appear on it.
It's looking worse and worse. He's actually started looking at taking the train instead after I showed him this poll and what people have been saying. :twisted:
Ah well, looks like a sunny weekend. Off for a meal in sunny Covent garden now :D

BURNER
01-04-05, 03:51 PM
If he was flying in the states he'd get a visit to camp X-Ray instead of the in flight entertainment.
They'd give it a swab and check for chemical residue. If he can prove it's for a specific, non plane destroying purpose and they scan for residue it'll be fine. I reckon at most he might be delayed. Tell him to take the plane.
If stopped he can say Uncle Burner sed it was no problemo....... Insane cackle :twisted:

Cronos
01-04-05, 04:01 PM
What is it?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously tho, he wont. Its the way of the world. Turn up with a black ball with a fuse sticking out the top....fine.

Have your mobile phone at a sloghtly odd angle in the scanner....down to the pants sir.

=D>

Spiderman
01-04-05, 04:17 PM
I was gonna say he'd be better off to go to the first copper or security person he sees and explain his dilema.

If he finds an understanding person (yeh high chance of that eh) and shows him supporting documents about the inventors fair they may disconnect it all and bag it up for him and put it in the hold.

But while this thought was going thru my head ...i also had visions of him telling a copper "i have something in this briefcase that looks remarkably like a bomb...may i show it to you?"
This would swiftly be followed with "PUT THE BRIEFCASE DOWN SLOWLY" before a swift triple tap to the forhead is deployed by an itchy trigger fingered bad-boy in blue :shock:

Your mate is either very very brave, very very naieve (sp) or very very very stoopid.
But then again if he's an inventor he lives partially in another world anyway, so good luck to the nut :lol: ;)

Cronos
01-04-05, 04:26 PM
Tell him to take the plane to Cuba.

:shock:

SVeeedy Gonzales
05-04-05, 11:39 AM
Just got a text message from the guy... he went straight through the X-ray machine, no questions asked, nobody wanted to look in the case either. :shock:

I feel so much safer about UK airports now, especially as I'm flying off on Honeymoon on Friday.

Spiderman
05-04-05, 11:48 AM
Just got a text message from the guy... he went straight through the X-ray machine, no questions asked, nobody wanted to look in the case either. :shock:

I feel so much safer about UK airports now, especially as I'm flying off on Honeymoon on Friday.

OMG :shock:

Glad for him but tbh i'd feel a lot safer knowing he'd been stopped and his "device" was at least looked at for a mo.

I know they recently announced that they were relaxing their current security on sharp implements etc and BA were even going back to using metal cutlery but i didnt think they'd gone as far as allowing anything and everything thru.

northwind
05-04-05, 05:41 PM
I flew into London City with a pair of replica handguns in my carry-on luggage in 2000 :) I asked if I should put them in the hold but they said "No, that'll cause delays if anyone sees them on the X-ray- just carry them on in your bag, it'll be fine" :shock: