PDA

View Full Version : Scotland / North [East] England Potential Attainees

snoopy
03-04-05, 10:59 AM
Seemingly the majority of people going to the annual rideout are from down south (given venue is close to Oxford). If you're from Scotland/North England and are intending to go should we arrange points in which we can pick bikers up?

Just a thought, but I've never done a large rideout so perhaps not a good one.
:idea:

Anonymous
04-04-05, 10:28 AM
im heading down for the run, some other ecosse posse mentioned making the journey but no details as yet :?

Cloggsy
04-04-05, 08:08 PM
Seems a good idea - Maybe post something in the Pennine section :?:

wheelnut
04-04-05, 09:16 PM
There might be something on at MFN or The Vic at Coalville to break your journey up. there is always somewhere to pitch a tent

I reckon its going to take a couple of hours from my house to Burford, although I might stop in Banbury the night before.

Carsick
04-04-05, 09:29 PM
Just as a guide for those who haven't done longer journies on a bike or haven't come down this way.
If you take the M1 down to Northampton, A43, M40, A34 then M4 across to the Cotswalds, you should allow about 5 hours.
If you feel like going for it, less, obviously, but with a couple of breaks and fuel stops it will easily take 5.
I did Sheffield to Southampton yesterday in 7 hours, including reading Kerrang for an hour.

Jdubya
04-04-05, 09:35 PM
... including reading Kerrang for an hour.

Why on earth would you want to do that? :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Carsick
04-04-05, 09:53 PM
... including reading Kerrang for an hour.

Why on earth would you want to do that? :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
They didn't have MCN and I wanted something to read while I ate my rug in a bun, sorry, burger.

Anonymous
05-04-05, 09:30 AM
doing a practice run next week riding from scotland to surrey takes seven hours in the car. not really looking forward to it as im taking motorway but it will give my gel seat a real run in. :lol:

Dicky Ticker
05-04-05, 11:24 AM
As somebody who has done it in reverse[Witham Essex to the Scottish ride out] I would allow 7hrs,this gives you a 1/2hr break at every fuel stop
and a cruising speed of 75-80mph Humber Bridge to home takes 2 1/2 hrs

The Cotswolds being a similar distance to Witham from both locations

My mileage from home to Tillicoultry,where I met up with Hazel and the Ecosse Posse was 454 MILES@80MPH ==53/4hrs travel time

Dicky Ticker
05-04-05, 11:41 AM
Just done a quick Autoroute check

Lanark Services to Burford = 340miles using fastest route,so I recon the
7hrs with 3 breaks of 1/2 hr would be comfortable -[Gel seat or not]

Anonymous
05-04-05, 11:43 AM
ill let you know billy. you will tell its me by the john wayne walk. or maybe not notice any difference but we wont go into that :lol:

northwind
15-05-05, 07:35 PM
I did Sheffield to Southampton yesterday in 7 hours, including reading Kerrang for an hour.

How? I can read the rag cover to cover in about 20 minutes :)

I was planning on coming down but won't be now, maybe a post into Sv Ecosse would be a good idea?

snoopy
21-05-05, 09:27 PM
So, anyone from Newcastle area planning to go?

Stig
22-05-05, 10:45 AM
As somebody who has done it in reverse[Witham Essex to the Scottish ride out] I would allow 7hrs,this gives you a 1/2hr break at every fuel stop
and a cruising speed of 75-80mph Humber Bridge to home takes 2 1/2 hrs

Damn that's impressive, Did you have to twist your head round to see, or did you use your mirrors all the way :?: :shock: :wink:

Dicky Ticker
24-05-05, 03:44 PM
We truck drivers know no other way :)

Dicky Ticker
24-05-05, 03:44 PM
We truck drivers know no other way :)