PDA

View Full Version : Lydden Horror Smash (Sunday)

Splosh
04-04-05, 01:02 PM
Hey gang.

Was anyone else at Lydden at the weekend.
There was some great racing all day until a Horror smash stopped the rest of the day's racing.

The Crash happend almost in front on my on the Start / Finish straight, and I have been trying to find out if the riders involved are still alive!!!!!! :(

One guy fell coming onto the straight and came to a halt in the middle of the track.... He was obviously a little hurt and of course the yellow flags were up immediately. The first 8 or so riders to come accross him, managed to get out of the way and swerved around him. However, one rider just obviously didn't see him (can't understand how) and rode straight into him. The impact was massive and the chap was thrown christ know's how far down the track....
The Marshalls and emergency veihcles were there instantly, but things didn't look good. From where I was standing the Paramedics looked as if there were doing CPR on the guy........ :cry:

He was not put in the Ambulance for another 5 mins or so, but when the Ambulance did pull out of the circuit it's siren was going. (I am told that Ambulances dont put their sirens on if someone is dying - only the lights)

If anyone knows anything about this, I would like to know........

Other than that, (being as positive as I can be) there was some brilliant racing and some interesting rookies coming through!! Should be an interesting season.........

Splosh
xxxxx

jambo
04-04-05, 01:28 PM
Damn! :shock:
What was the race? Hope they're ok! makes yah think.... :(

Splosh
04-04-05, 03:04 PM
Sad Sad Sad news gang.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/4407729.stm

May he rest in peace.

May I take this opportunity to say that my thoughts and sympathies are with the family at this time.......

Amen

Splosh
xxxxx

lynw
04-04-05, 03:51 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

not good.... may they both rest in peace....

I cant find anything else on the guy who died on the a259 in Brookland. would like to know what happened as I use that road a lot.... and did on sunday on my way to rye... :shock: :cry: