PDA

View Full Version : MOT in Essex?

Mervin
07-04-05, 09:35 AM
It's first MOT time for my K2 and I am a little worried......

I have noisy (not race) twin Rene's, a tinted double bubble and dinky winkas.

I cannot be arsed with getting the bike back to standard - the cans alone would take me all day - so where can I go to get an MOT that will turn a blind eye to my mods?

I have all the standard bits and I dont mind even taking them along to prove this to a tester.

I was told there was one in Gale Street in Dagenham, but they no longer do Bike MOT's...

help......

Iansv
07-04-05, 09:53 AM
glad to see your back on....

No idea on a place mate, I tried finding one when i needed mine last year, had to change my can in the end...

the screen shouldn't be a prob but the indi's if not bs stamped probably won't pass

If you find somewhere let me know, i'll have mine again in the autumn

Mervin
07-04-05, 10:12 AM
Bugger.

cheers though.

nickj
07-04-05, 10:34 AM
I was talking to a guy in a small shop in Southend on Sea yesterday, they do MOT's at the back and he said that basically it was up to the testers descretion. I asked him because i've got twin renegades on and he didn't think it would be too much of a problem.

MOT's were £15.

They're called Julian Sopers Motorcycles and the number is 01702 715727, they are on the London Road, a couple of doors up from where Redline used to be.

Worth a shot.

checa
07-04-05, 05:04 PM
you all need to go to wickford motorcycles near barleylands no need to change anything there :D

Salty76
07-04-05, 05:39 PM
Give BIKE TECH in Hullbridge a call 01702 232353. The bloke there Phil is fanatical about bikes. He's passed mine twice with an ART can marked not for road use. As long as the bike's safe he's happy.

nickj
09-04-05, 09:54 AM
Good luck with the MOT today Merv, let us know where you booked it in in the end and what they said about your exhaust.

Mervin
09-04-05, 06:11 PM
Bloody failed on the cans......

Took it to Hyside in Collier Row as I heard they were good and they were fairly local.

Tester reckons my cans are not for road use. The bloody things arent that loud!

So I have some decibel killers for the retest on Monday.

At least the neighbours will be happy.......

Mervin
11-04-05, 07:40 PM
Hurrah - it passed!

Iansv
11-04-05, 07:46 PM
woohoo, i'm gonna try and get some baffles for mine when i get 2nd one fitted or i'll be in same position