PDA

View Full Version : New owner

drinky
11-04-05, 05:29 PM
Hi guys, just a bit of a self introduction really, Just passed my test and on the sdvice of many people got myself a 99 'S'. Love it as well!!!!! Been checking out this site for a few weeks and using the forums I've put a Remus can on it, Airblade double bubble and as it needed a new tyre today got a M6 Metz on the back all after reading what the enthusiasts say, so cheers lads. I live in Clevedon (Junc 20 M5) and would like to go out on meets and rides at weekends when not busy so will be watching for info on here. Anyone around this area?
Cheers

Drinky

Baldyman
11-04-05, 06:51 PM
Welcome Drinky :)
Just be careful with having a nice new grippy rear and a used front tyre won't you?
Why not join in the international rideout "over the water" on the 23rd. There will be others from Bristol to guide you.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Anonymous
11-04-05, 07:26 PM
I'm just up the road from you in sunny P'head. We used to have a few SV rideouts this way although Monkey is off the road and Term has a Ninja now and I putter around slowly on the GS but there's still some SV appreciaters and SV minded folks riding around. I tend to nip up the Wye Valley, Forest of Dean and often around the Mendips and Cheddar which are all nice local rides and often do those in the eves.

Theres a fair few of us around Bristol and Baldyman et al not too far away so we should do more. Maybe you could come along on the 23rd ride? Should be a lot of the locals there.

fizzwheel
12-04-05, 09:12 AM
Hi and Welcome

RenamedMonkey
12-04-05, 09:21 AM

Check out the rideouts threads (all rideouts on this regional board are marked as a Sticky thread), there are a few coming up this month!

diamond
12-04-05, 09:32 AM
Hello drinky :D

Skip
12-04-05, 09:34 AM
Welcome! 8)

Term
12-04-05, 09:55 AM

Ceri JC
12-04-05, 10:33 AM
Welcome! See you on the rideout on the 23rd hopefully. :)

drinky
12-04-05, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. As for the 23rd, I'm going to try but I'm going to the girlfriends work do the night before and have a sneeking suspicion that it may turn quite messy what with free beer all night. Soooo if I'm in a fit enough state then I'll be there. Rich if you fancy a blast out in the evening some time then give us a shout, I've been pottering about down the Chew Valley a bit. And cheers for the advice about the tyres Baldyman, thing is I dont think I go fast enough at the moment for that sort of thing. Anyway guys cheers for the welcome and hope to see you on 23rd.