PDA

View Full Version : Pirelli Diablo Stradas

Sid Squid
11-04-05, 08:47 PM
Have been fitted to the SV1000 today.

It seems to be the consensus that the Diablo Strada is a Z6 with a different name and an ever-so-slightly altered tread pattern, as Pirelli and Metzeler have been the same company for some time now, this is easy to believe.

Report on them to follow soon.

jonboy
11-04-05, 08:54 PM
http://www.pirellimoto.com/en_96/tires/template_categorie.jhtml?selected=desc&catid=96STSTR&productid=17646&nome=DIABLO_STRADA

Sid Squid
11-04-05, 09:21 PM
Hey :!:

That looks familiar.

ash
12-04-05, 09:33 AM
Hey S S.

What did ya pay for yer tyres please ? If they are cheaper than the Metzeler Z6 but pretty much the same with a different name might be a better purchase 'cause I've just bought a house and I'm skint !!!

Price I've been quoted for the Z6. Front, £75 inc. VAT and £117 inc VAT for the rear.

Ta

Mr Toad
12-04-05, 09:36 AM
Price I've been quoted for the Z6. Front, £75 inc. VAT and £117 inc VAT for the rear.

Ta

Got my Z6's from Essential Rubber, £75 front, £95 rear inc fitting
no use to you up north, but that's a London price for ya :D

Carsick
12-04-05, 10:55 AM
So are these pirellis supposed to have a softer compound than the z6? or are they literally the same just with a different name?

Sid Squid
12-04-05, 06:45 PM
Hey S S. What did ya pay for yer tyres please ?

An unrepresentative figure, and I'm not sure of the retails.

Michael, compounds: Don't know for certain, but chatting with a man who really ought to know says mimimal differences twixt Z6 and Diablo Corsa.

Cloggsy
16-04-05, 12:05 AM
I always though it was the Z6 & the Diablo that was the same (baring a slightly different tread pattern,) not the Corsa :?: :?

Richie
16-04-05, 09:36 PM
I always though it was the Z6 & the Diablo that was the same (baring a slightly different tread pattern,) not the Corsa :?: :?

I think the tyres have the same carcus, but diffrent rubber composit

Sid Squid
17-04-05, 01:56 PM

Yes, you're right, I wrote it right in the first post and then wrong in my previous one. I meant Diablo Strada not Corsa, of coursa :lol: .