PDA

View Full Version : Campsite, who's booked?

Carsick
12-04-05, 01:13 PM
This is the campsite that's been decided on. Let us know when you've booked

Bridge House Campsite
Bridge House
Lechlade
Gloucestershire
GL7 3AG
01367 252348

This is cheap, clean and cheerful, costs £4 per person per night and has showers. The owner is willing to cordon off an area for thirty odd to camp together and bikes can be parked next to the tents, the pubs, B+ Bs and town are only 5 mins walk. Lechlade is located on the Thames south of Burford on the fast A361, with the campsite 10 mins leisurely ride from the start point at Burford.

Edit: Important point. if you do book with Bridge House, make sure to tell them you're with the SV rideout group so he knows how big an area to cordon off.

Mutley
12-04-05, 01:19 PM
More than happy with Bridge House Campsite, it will do for me.

Mr Toad
12-04-05, 01:37 PM
That one will do for me

How about letting the owner know that we're with the SV forum, or 'bikers' or whatever - then he can sling us altogether in the far field :lol:

I plan to go down Friday evening. Anyone from Soho Massive/Selkent want to share carrying a tent & camping gear :?:

Anonymous
12-04-05, 01:40 PM
Bridge House seems great (and I may wish to return to the other one :lol: :wink: ).
Weather permitting I'm going Friday.

Jelster
12-04-05, 01:42 PM
I am considering camping. I have a 2 man tent and a couple of sleeping bags which don't get used very often, so it'll be good to give them an airing...

Stig
12-04-05, 06:58 PM
I've decided to camp as well, mad or what :?: It only takes me 30 odd miutes to get there :lol: :lol:

I voted for the the cheap one. I have camped there before. The pub across the water is nice.

mysteryjimbo
13-04-05, 10:40 AM
That one will do for me

How about letting the owner know that we're with the SV forum, or 'bikers' or whatever - then he can sling us altogether in the far field :lol:

I plan to go down Friday evening. Anyone from Soho Massive/Selkent want to share carrying a tent & camping gear :?:

Overwhelming majority i think.

I'll be there on the Friday too. Not sure if i'll be there on the GSXR or the SV yet though.

If you look at the post, it says to mention we're with the group so they can set aside an area.

Carsick
13-04-05, 10:49 AM
Yeah, I think that qualifies as a group decision.

Jim, I added the note about telling the owner after Si posted that suggestion.
I will probably phone up and book a place this afternoon. Still not sure if I'll go on the Friday or not, will decide later.

mysteryjimbo
13-04-05, 10:54 AM
Yeah, I think that qualifies as a group decision.

Jim, I added the note about telling the owner after Si posted that suggestion.
I will probably phone up and book a place this afternoon. Still not sure if I'll go on the Friday or not, will decide later.

Ahhh there you go! :lol:

Stig
13-04-05, 06:40 PM
The camp site is not overwhelmingly big. It is one field and not a massive one at that. I would probably guess that he will split the field down the middle and give us a third to half, depending on how many turn up, and how many other guests he has staying over that weekend. It should be quite a cosy affair :lol: :lol:

mysteryjimbo
13-04-05, 09:41 PM
I'm going to book it next week i think.

Baldyman
15-04-05, 09:55 AM

Just spoken with the owner.
If you can all book as soon as you know your plans, so he can set aside the right amount of land, that would be great.

IMPORTANT
PLEASE let him know you are part of the SV motorbike club as he is keeping a separate booking sheet
Cheers :thumbsup:
Leigh

mysteryjimbo
15-04-05, 10:04 AM

Just spoken with the owner.
If you can all book as soon as you know your plans, so he can set aside the right amount of land, that would be great.

Cash flow dictates! :lol:

Anonymous
15-04-05, 10:45 AM
I will try and make myself book soon but despite the fact I'm definitely coming planning travel arrangements this far ahead is somewhat alien to me, especially camping.

kinesin
17-04-05, 09:05 PM
I'll book this tomorrow.. luckily I remembered to read this area of the forum!! :shock:

SV-Sexy-virgin?
18-04-05, 06:26 PM
ditto on the phone as i type booking up 1 more for friday till sunday 12 inc me so far apparently

gricey

p.s dont forget stand puk dont wann hear loadsa people coming out going AHH SH!T some one help all the bikes are on the floor

Gricey

Anonymous
18-04-05, 06:29 PM
MAybe you should edit off the poll now that people are booking, the sites picked AFAIC.
Havent booked yet tho will do tomorrow.

Carsick
18-04-05, 06:37 PM
I keep meaning to make myself book. I've added it to the list of phone calls I should have made over the last week or so.
I've edited the first post so this is now a thread to let us know who's booked, in a few days I'll count up and keep track in the first post.

Couerdelion
18-04-05, 10:06 PM
I rang up today and booked.

She said that she already had a booking made for 10 tents for the SV motorcycle club and she would add me to that.

Carsick
20-04-05, 01:17 PM
I've booked a place now.
She said 12 tents to me, so I think that she is probably just making up a number everytime.

SV-Sexy-virgin?
20-04-05, 05:45 PM
said twelve to me 2 oh well aslong as me n the missus get a tent

gricey

Stig
20-04-05, 06:44 PM
I'm booked for the Saturday night, and will be booking another pitch for someone else tomorrow. :thumbsup:

kinesin
20-04-05, 08:29 PM
Well Me and Tara are booked (one tent) for both Saturday and Sunday... and the old gezzer didn't seem quite with it.. :o

WildBill
21-04-05, 09:00 AM
I've booked. Well I think I've booked...

I spoke to some woman, she took my name and added it to the list.

diamond
21-04-05, 11:49 AM
I'm booked. :D

Anonymous
22-04-05, 05:28 PM
im booked (still not got a babysitter but ill panic nearer the time) and added to the list.

SV-Sexy-virgin?
23-04-05, 07:15 PM
booked anotha one for me mum n dad now my mum wants to go out every evening to be faster on the bike by the ride out there not sv's but 1ns an aprilia futura (big twin) the otha is a thundercatnot a problem is it??

Gricey

wheelnut
23-04-05, 08:58 PM
Never sure what, when I will finish work, might get there Saturday, or may stop in Banbury and come Sunday

Jdubya
05-05-05, 01:34 PM
YAY! Just booked! :wink: And the old bloke told me that 11 people had booked by today(05.05.05) Go figure :?:

Carsick
05-05-05, 02:28 PM
And the old bloke told me that 11 people had booked by today(05.05.05) Go figure :?:
Like I said, I think he makes up a number everytime.
I will phone at the beginning of next week and confirm the numbers for sure and make sure he remembers about giving us a nice area to ourselves.

shutdown
09-05-05, 08:23 PM
will book tomorrow

if I remember, someone send me a PM to remind me :)

shutdown
10-05-05, 08:54 AM
Booked and ready to go, best get a tent sorted :)

Viney
10-05-05, 10:31 AM
Im winging it. I havent booked yet as i still dont know if im going/coming

Carsick
10-05-05, 10:34 AM
I'm gonna talk to the owner this week and see if he actually has a clue on numbers, since he's given at least 3 different figures over the last week and all contradictory.
I don't think it would matter in the slightest if 5 or so extra tents were to turn up with our group.

hall13uk
10-05-05, 01:57 PM
Im winging it. I havent booked yet as i still dont know if im going/coming
DITTO

jonboy
02-06-05, 12:49 PM
Just booked at Bridge House, apparently there are about 15 booked in so far for Sat night.

Anonymous
02-06-05, 12:53 PM
I was going to camp, then decided not too, then found out I had the wrong week down for the rideout anyway. This week I have to attend and engagement party. So I was planning on riding over tea time to visit the happy campers, heading home for the party then heading back sunday for the rideout. I have now found out the party is a barbecue starting a 2pm. So the riding accross at tea time is out. I hope therefore to see some of you sunday.................. :?

jonboy
02-06-05, 01:10 PM
...then found out I had the wrong week down for the rideout anyway

#-o :lol:

Hope to see you Sunday then Rich. You'll know it's me as I'll be on an SV.

Anonymous
02-06-05, 01:13 PM

In case I escape when are people likely to be a-hangin'-around the campsite-hood?

WildBill
02-06-05, 01:40 PM

In case I escape when are people likely to be a-hangin'-around the campsite-hood?

If not at the campsite, how about we go here...

http://www.crownlechlade.co.uk/

Cloggsy
02-06-05, 01:41 PM
:laughat:

You'll know it's me as I'll be on an SV.

You a funny guy :lol: :lol: :lol:

jonboy
02-06-05, 01:45 PM
If not at the campsite, how about we go here...

http://www.crownlechlade.co.uk/

Sounds fine to me, but let's work that out once we get to the campsite as it would be nice to try and make sure we're all together.

mysteryjimbo
02-06-05, 01:46 PM
I'm going straight from work tomorrow. I'll be on the Red/Silver GSXR and setting up the one man tent.

Oh and i'll probably have a case of beer under the cargo net........ :lol:

WildBill
02-06-05, 01:56 PM
I'll be going up on Saturday morning and getting there for lunch time or just after.

I'll be the one on the SV. Oh, someone's already done that joke. :x

I'll be the one on the Corona Extra SV. :D

fraser01
02-06-05, 02:03 PM
the way things are looking i may just bring a sleeping bag and try finding someone to share with....my previous plans have changed..but thats not stopping me...i am coming without a doubt...even if i dont have anywhere to sleep :lol:

if you see someone in a sleeping bag with his bike on top of him (for warmth) then that will probably be me lol

Looked at the local travel lodge....£47 for one night.... :(

fraser01
02-06-05, 02:04 PM
Wonder what the local talent is like....do they have establishments to meet these kinds of people :lol:

Carsick
02-06-05, 03:43 PM
the way things are looking i may just bring a sleeping bag and try finding someone to share with....my previous plans have changed..but thats not stopping me...i am coming without a doubt...even if i dont have anywhere to sleep :lol:
I'm sure we can find you a spot to sleep in.

Stig
02-06-05, 03:50 PM
There is a pub just across the bridge from the camp site, right on the river. I think it would be a good idea for everyone to meet up there. They have a rather nice beer garden. However saying that, the weather forcast does not look like sitting in the beer garden supping beer will be on the cards.

Still hoping that will change though. :roll:

Anonymous
02-06-05, 03:51 PM
Wonder what the local talent is like....do they have establishments to meet these kinds of people :lol:

A bit like this
http://www.horse-rider-etc.com/clothing/womens_jacket.jpg

Yours is the one on the left.

Tara
02-06-05, 04:50 PM
There is a pub just across the bridge from the camp site, right on the river. I think it would be a good idea for everyone to meet up there. They have a rather nice beer garden. However saying that, the weather forcast does not look like sitting in the beer garden supping beer will be on the cards.

Still hoping that will change though. :roll:

Thats a good idea - think i'll be arriving mid to late afternoon depending on weather

Stig
02-06-05, 04:54 PM
I thought I would turn up late morning and set up. I am also sorting out a sign for the entrance, so that everyone will see where it is as they ride past. Although it really isn't that difficult to find.

Tara
02-06-05, 06:19 PM
I thought I would turn up late morning and set up. I am also sorting out a sign for the entrance, so that everyone will see where it is as they ride past. Although it really isn't that difficult to find.

Another good idea :D dunno how long it will me to get down there i reckon about 2.5 hours if we leave about midday which is the plan might be there about 3 ish

Stig
02-06-05, 06:52 PM
Yeah that's two good idea's on one topic...... my head hurts now :( :(

:lol:

Tara
02-06-05, 06:57 PM
Yeah that's two good idea's on one topic...... my head hurts now :( :(

:lol:

Don't over do it now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jdubya
02-06-05, 09:00 PM
Had the site booked but I have to cancel due to work and babysitting so I'll be there on sunday morning rather than saturday :(

Anonymous
02-06-05, 09:07 PM
i have spot on site booked but wont be able to make it. cant get anyone to have the kids.

so space is there if anyone wants it

jonboy
02-06-05, 09:09 PM
Sorry to hear that NT, but there's still a day left to work a miracle, hope you do. ;)

Anonymous
02-06-05, 09:14 PM
me too mate but not looking too good. if it was a bit closer could have come for the day but too far. next year make it scotland please :lol:

Anonymous
03-06-05, 07:36 AM
next year make it scotland please :lol:

Perhaps if we make a quick decision on that now..... :wink:

Stig
03-06-05, 07:59 AM
Yeah, I'm sure it's not to much short notice for a venue change :lol: :lol:

mysteryjimbo
03-06-05, 08:01 AM
One of my old bike forums (thundercat) used to have two a year. One either in Wales or England and one in Scotland called the "Big Mac".