PDA

View Full Version : First meet of 2005

Iansv
14-04-05, 08:09 PM
Ok peoples...

First meet of the restarted Essex boys... and girls will be Friday 29th April...

Battlesbridge is the venue, 7pm onwards

Hope you can all make it......

Conrad Poons
15-04-05, 09:13 AM
Hope it rains. :evil: :x :hackedoff:

Iansv
15-04-05, 09:52 AM
skip the football !! its only west ham

Halonic
15-04-05, 02:38 PM
Battlesbridge appears to be only 5 minutes down the road from me, cool

(annoyingly the bike is in rainham)

Dicky Ticker
15-04-05, 03:45 PM
Jumping up and down What sound judgement that SENIOR management executve has :lol:

Poonsy,your only wishing for rain because it will be your excuse for
West Ham being a washout He he titter :D

Mervin
15-04-05, 04:01 PM
I should be there...

Warren
16-04-05, 01:09 PM
workin

Dicky Ticker
16-04-05, 01:20 PM
[quote="Iansv"]Ok peoples...

First meet of the retarded Essex boys... and girls will be Friday 29th April

Why you not comming Bikeage This meeting is special for you

Only jesting C.U. soon

Warren
16-04-05, 02:02 PM
i was gonna quote that.

but you beat me to it.

30mphmax
16-04-05, 06:07 PM
So what was wrong with the 22nd April? Or is it that Ian doesn't want me and poonsy there?.....................

Have fun guys

Jdubya
18-04-05, 08:57 PM
So what was wrong with the 22nd April? Or is it that Ian doesn't want me and poonsy there?.....................

Have fun guys

Just because the "official" 1st meet is on the 29th, does not mean that you cannot go there on the 22nd with a few friends?

Warren
18-04-05, 09:59 PM
ill go if others go on the 22nd :)

Conrad Poons
19-04-05, 08:05 AM
I would have done the 22nd but unfortunately Mrs Poons has been ill and therefore I am on complete red alert with regard to child minding, house work etc etc.

Yeah, I'm a modern man.

30mphmax
19-04-05, 05:27 PM
Well if some of you guys want to meet on the 22nd I am happy to meet then. Nice to see that you are well and truly under the thumb poonsy (sorry modern man) :D :D

Jdubya
19-04-05, 08:39 PM
Nice to see that you are well and truly under the thumb poonsy (sorry modern man) :D :D

Meow meow! He's not the only modern man in these here parts!? :oops: :wink:

Conrad Poons
20-04-05, 08:08 AM
Nice to see that you are well and truly under the thumb poonsy (sorry modern man) :D :D

Hmmmm. :-k

Well, like, whatever. It's gained me tentative clearance for Sunday...

Dicky Ticker
20-04-05, 01:34 PM
Such a little treasure your good lady allowing you [tentatively] out to play on Sunday IN THE PI55ING RAIN :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Conrad Poons
20-04-05, 01:46 PM
Well, I'll just have to go out in the car then. Ha.

Iansv
20-04-05, 02:38 PM
Noooooooo, I'm supposed to be going to south of kent on sunday, better not rain

Jdubya
21-04-05, 07:11 PM
So, Will anyone be there tomorrow (22nd) evening :?:
She's lifting the thumb :oops: ever so slightly so if anyone is going, I may be there :!: :wink: :D :D

Warren
21-04-05, 09:09 PM
So, Will anyone be there tomorrow (22nd) evening :?:
She's lifting the thumb :oops: ever so slightly so if anyone is going, I may be there :!: :wink: :D :D

nope

Iansv
21-04-05, 10:06 PM
nope 29th for moi

Jdubya
22-04-05, 06:50 AM
Pity...I have babysitting on the 29th...missus going out :( :roll:

Conrad Poons
22-04-05, 08:55 AM
Pity...I have babysitting on the 29th...missus going out :( :roll:

I hear ya, brother. :wink:

Iansv
25-04-05, 10:41 AM
edited to include poll....

weather is due to clear up thurs/fri :D

Mervin
25-04-05, 03:47 PM
Says 18 degrees and sunny on the BBC site :D

Ian, fancy meeting up for a spin down there?

Iansv
25-04-05, 03:51 PM
I'd say yes but have stuff going on on friday so dunno what time i'll be going and if i'll be going from here or billers...

Will let you know friday

Mervin
25-04-05, 04:41 PM
I'd say yes but have stuff going on on friday so dunno what time i'll be going and if i'll be going from here or billers...

Will let you know friday

okey dokey

PAULS-SV
25-04-05, 07:42 PM
Hi,

If you don't mind, not sure (could be busy) but going to try my hardest to meet up on the 29th. Probably have the wife on the back, this will be our first meet up so it would be great to meet new faces :oops: .
Also want to give the bike a run as I've just fitted a power commander, K&N filter and want to see if there is any difference.

Paul

Iansv
25-04-05, 09:14 PM
Everyones welcome Paul, hope to see you there

RobSV
25-04-05, 09:51 PM
Just voted No. Got a drink up in London on Friday.

Should be ok for the next one.

nickj
25-04-05, 10:12 PM
I'll be coming along, be good to meet you all.

svrunner
25-04-05, 10:22 PM
Yes, planning on being there.

Warren
25-04-05, 10:51 PM
hang on . . .. 29th ?

ive just realised that im free on that evening, and was planning on popping down to the soho meet. . . cos i havent met them yet.

hiya paul. if im going i can meet you and mervin in brentwood if you like as i go through that way anyway (much more interesting than the A127)

Mervin
25-04-05, 11:44 PM
hiya paul. if im going i can meet you and mervin in brentwood if you like as i go through that way anyway (much more interesting than the A127)

Sounds good geeza! :thumbsup:

PAULS-SV
26-04-05, 04:16 PM
Hi,

Sounds good but at the moment I think we'll meet you at the pub just incase we can't manage to get there, but thanks for the sugestion, and the welcoming. :wink:
Looking forward to it.

Paul

Warren
26-04-05, 11:53 PM
cancel that. . . working :(

Ping
27-04-05, 08:59 AM
This is why I never commit 'til I KNOW I'm going to be there... i.e. I turn up... :lol:

There's no 'maybe' in the poll so I've witheld my vote... :P

So far the Ping outlook for turning up on Friday is favourable...

Iansv
29-04-05, 09:40 AM
god I need a drink, roll on 2nite

Conrad Poons
29-04-05, 12:13 PM
Try and enjoy the evening as best you can without me. It'll be difficult, I know, but there'll be other nights...

Iansv
29-04-05, 12:49 PM
yeah next meet is friday 13th may :twisted:

Ping
29-04-05, 01:10 PM
yeah next meet is friday 13th may :twisted:

Awesome. :D

Ping
29-04-05, 08:39 PM
Cheers for a kewl evening guys. :D I'm looking forward to the next one!

... Funny how bumpy some roads are when you REALLY need a wee. :lol:

Iansv
29-04-05, 09:02 PM
Yeah twas nice to finally meet you claire :D

good to have all the new people show up, more newbies than regulars in fact....

so big thanks to all those who came, I'm **** with names so not gonna try and list you... but hope to see you all again on the 13th...

Sorry about your tyre Mark, hope you got back home ok !!

Very good choice of new meeting venue so thanks to who suggested it, I forgot :oops:

good to catch up with those of you i've not seen for a while too....

interesting ride home, got a back spasm a couple of miles from home, got steadily worse, Fell over after i got off the bike :? ... Weird.....

A fun night for me :thumbsup: Hopefully many more to come

Mervin
29-04-05, 09:05 PM
Likewise - I had a good time.

Good to see you all.

Who the hell was the guy on the Yammy?!

nickj
29-04-05, 09:20 PM
Good to meet you all.

See you at the next one.

Ping
29-04-05, 09:23 PM
... and I just added my vote... :lol:

SpankyHam
29-04-05, 09:47 PM
damn i missed this post :?

will show up next time (if i can find the place I'm crap with directions/maps :roll: )

Iansv
29-04-05, 09:51 PM
can always meet you somewhere seth, tis easy from chelmsford anyway, just go down the a130... its signposted

Dicky Ticker
29-04-05, 10:17 PM
Sorry I missed all you guys and gals tonight hope things went well

Not just one puncture but both back and front and it does take some holding when you come up the sliproad at 70mph----------not an experience I would like again or wish on anybody else Causes one helluva tank slap goodness knows how I managed to keep upright and still stay an the road

WHATS THE THOUGHTS ON PLUGGIN? Both screws are in the middle of the tread pattern [BT14's] and the tyres have only done about 1500mls

Ping
29-04-05, 10:19 PM
Sorry I missed all you guys and gals tonight hope things went well

Not just one puncture but both back and front and it does take some holding when you come up the sliproad at 70mph----------not an experience I would like again or wish on anybody else Causes one helluva tank slap goodness knows how I managed to keep upright and still stay an the road

WHATS THE THOUGHTS ON PLUGGIN? Both screws are in the middle of the tread pattern [BT14's] and the tyres have only done about 1500mls

:shock: :shock: :shock: Bloody hell! Glad u're ok! :o

RobSV
30-04-05, 08:15 AM
Not just one puncture but both back and front and it does take some holding when you come up the sliproad at 70mph
Nasty one, Mac. Glad you survived. Perhaps you'd better not go to the next one on Fri 13th :shock:

Sorry I missed this meet and all the newbies, should be ok for the next one.

Warren
30-04-05, 11:52 AM
the rear plugging should be fine, not sure if its safe to plug a front tryre tho (As they are worked alot harder than the rear on cornering)

shouldnt cost more than a tenner for loose wheels to be plugged.

jaymz
01-05-05, 04:26 PM
hello all,
nice to meet some of you on friday night.thanks to halonic for pointing me in the right direction after bumping into him down at walton the week before,sorry you wernt there friday to hello again.
nice to meet some fellow sv riders ;o) really sorry to the girl with the black sv (sorry didnt catch your name),i think i might of offended you when i said i wasnt keen on black sv's,not exactly what i ment as i love pretty much anything black coz its my fav colour,i just ment i wouldnt have a black bike as its not so visable to idiots on 4 wheels,obvously i love your bike tho so hope you'll accept my apologies for any misunderstanding.......please ;o)
anyway hoping to make a few more meets & my mate kim said she wouldnt mind coming along again aswell so hopefully see you all soon.

jaymz

annie
01-05-05, 05:28 PM
Damn :x missed it when's the next one please :lol:

svrunner
01-05-05, 06:09 PM
Its Friday 13th May! If you aren't superstitious hope to see you there.

Halonic
03-05-05, 08:27 AM
Sorry I missed you all, I got stuck late in work doing the bi-annual stock take :x :cry:

Not a happy bunny, counting and recounting ram in little trays, then spending hours trying to work out where we lost it all to is never a fun thing, especially when its sunny outside.

On the plus side, I still have two air filled and perfectly intact low millage tyres on my bike so, some good points I suppose

I'll be damned if I'm going to miss the next one though

Dicky Ticker
03-05-05, 12:26 PM
As I'm a little bit superstitious I will not be attending the meet on Friday 13th but I will go this coming Friday6th if anybody else wants to come along As it seems to be well attended I hope a few faces can make it please

Please post a quick yes -- no if you think it is worth setting up a meet

Cheers Mac

Warren
03-05-05, 12:29 PM
if the soho meet aint on ill come down this friday, i got it off :)

Iansv
03-05-05, 12:32 PM
i'll pop down if I can on the 6th but I doubt it....

Warren
03-05-05, 12:34 PM
anyone fancy going up to soho ? im flexible

Ping
03-05-05, 12:37 PM
really sorry to the girl with the black sv (sorry didnt catch your name),i think i might of offended you when i said i wasnt keen on black sv's,not exactly what i ment as i love pretty much anything black coz its my fav colour,i just ment i wouldnt have a black bike as its not so visable to idiots on 4 wheels,obvously i love your bike tho so hope you'll accept my apologies for any misunderstanding.......please ;o)

:lol: Nah, I wasn't offended I just thought you were as mad as a box of frogs. :lol: ;) (Black is the fasterest, besterest infinity +1 colour.)

:D

Warren
03-05-05, 12:39 PM
really sorry to the girl with the black sv (sorry didnt catch your name),i think i might of offended you when i said i wasnt keen on black sv's,not exactly what i ment as i love pretty much anything black coz its my fav colour,i just ment i wouldnt have a black bike as its not so visable to idiots on 4 wheels,obvously i love your bike tho so hope you'll accept my apologies for any misunderstanding.......please ;o)

:lol: Nah, I wasn't offended I just thought you were as mad as a box of frogs. :lol: ;) (YELLOW is the fasterest, besterest infinity +1 colour.)

Iansv
03-05-05, 12:49 PM
but blue is best.... Couldn't believe how clean your bike was Jay... We all thought Kim was your GF :lol:

jaymz
03-05-05, 10:14 PM
hey all,
glad i didnt offend you with your bike colour ping ;o) wouldnt have been the best way to start off with a new group of people,you got me about right though im quiet mad hehe not sure ive heard the saying "mad as a box of frogs" haha i like that & will have to use it more in conversation unless you've got it under copyright ping ? ;o)
got to side with ian coz blue is obviously best colour for sv's ;o) black looks pretty cool as well,but yellow ? ok even yellow looks cool to but im still not convinced by copper ? oh what the hell if its on an sv EVEN copper is good but only on sv's ;o)
i guess i do keep my bike pretty clean,its my pride & joy & have to look after it as i doubt il be able to afford a new bike for a while.
hahaha naaaaaaa i dont have a g/f right now,kim's just a mate & she's a good laugh.unfortunatly my ex might want her leathers back now coz i cant afford to buy them off her so kim might not be out again ? just have to see.
jaymz

Halonic
04-05-05, 08:38 AM
blue? black? copper?

pfft

little, red and naked is where the real fun is

Ping
04-05-05, 01:54 PM

:lol: Nah, I wasn't offended I just thought you were as mad as a box of frogs. :lol: ;) (BLACK is the fasterest, besterest infinity +1 colour.)

oi. :lol:

Jaymz - Nah.. Go for it. :lol: ... As it happens I'd already nicked the saying off of a mate from Sheffield. :lol:

jaymz
04-05-05, 02:32 PM
haha ok cool,cheers ping ;o) not so much fun now i know you stole it from someone else.im sure i can squeeze it into a few conversations though hehe