PDA

View Full Version : BigApe's BBQ Yes or No

Stig
17-04-05, 08:41 PM
Roll up roll up get yer tickets ere. It's the BigApe's BBQ extravaganza. OK The date for this spectacular will be Saturday 16th July 2005. Time midday till end.

For those that are not initiated. This time last year I held a BBQ evening at my house as a thanks for all the support that the site gave me and my family through our errrr difficult period. Well I have decided to make it an annual occasion. So the date is set.

Everyone that wishes to turn up for the event is more than welcome. You supply your grub and Mrs Ape will cook it. (I haven't told her about that bit yet). Beers for those that can drink will be provided, as will the "soft" drinks for those that can't.

If anyone wants to come and stay the night let me know, I will see if I can sort out sleeping arrangements. The spare beds and sofa have already been taken, but I do have a rather large front room and if you don't mind the floor, it's yours. I'm sure with enough notice I can arrange camp beds and the sorts. :thumbsup:

jonboy
17-04-05, 08:45 PM
Yup count me in, same as last year would be grand ;).

I might even make a batch of my special burgers.

Mr Toad
17-04-05, 10:14 PM
I may already be down that neck of the woods on Friday watching some aeroplanes. so that will be grand :lol:

TSM
17-04-05, 10:23 PM
I may already be down that neck of the woods on Friday watching some aeroplanes. so that will be grand :lol:

Becarefull you might be put in jail for spying :roll: :roll:

Spiderman
18-04-05, 05:34 PM
Ape if i can make it i'm happy to volunteer to do a bit of chefing duties. I'm a bit of a dab hand with the ol' barbie dontcha know.

SV-Sexy-virgin?
18-04-05, 06:00 PM
count me in will bring food and beer

(any chance i cud nick a space on the floor of ur living room ? :wink: )

looking forward to it

Gricey

p.s gotta get my leathers anyway so its not a bad time to get it ay ??

DeeJay
19-04-05, 01:02 PM
:thumbsup:

Thought i'd keep it simple too..... :wink:

Jelster
19-04-05, 09:52 PM
Would love to, but I'll be in France on hols with the family 8)

Have a good one mate..

clanger
20-04-05, 07:04 AM
Aw...Newbury is a stone's throw for me....BUT I will be away on a hen weekend in Woolacombe Nth Devon. Sorry no can do!

Viney
20-04-05, 07:43 AM
Maybe

Tara
20-04-05, 11:49 AM
Might be up for that :D

valleyboy
23-04-05, 10:43 PM
I may already be down that neck of the woods on Friday watching some aeroplanes. so that will be grand

Fairford ???

I might be there.. 99.99999999% certain for Fairford...

So never know for BBQ :)

Wiltshire7
29-04-05, 11:51 PM
sounds great, ill be along if i have my bike by then. if not then ill try and get a lift off someone.

nothing like a good BBQ \:D/

Quiff Wichard
30-04-05, 12:16 AM
Simon-

is there Deer on the menu??
I hear you have a whole one in yer freezer .......

how u get it back home without a topbox!!! see....Jon cudda helped ya there- be prepared.!

sprocket
30-04-05, 01:08 AM
Hmmm I may be up for this I've got a mate in reading who's been asking me to pop up and se ehim for ages so I could try and kill two birds with one stone ... Anychance of nabbing a floor space :shock: :wink:

Stig
30-04-05, 10:27 PM
Floor space I have plenty of. Think I should warn everyone that the floor is not carpeted. It's a laminate floor. :roll: :roll:

hall13uk
30-04-05, 10:38 PM
may i come to the bbq.
think i will drive home the same day thou

northwind
30-04-05, 10:43 PM
Mmm, that's quite far away... You don't fancy moiving to Glasgow do you? :)

Scoobs
01-05-05, 07:32 AM
I wouldn't mind popping up if the offer is open to a Portmouth lad. Probably shoot back home the same day though. I think you will need to post a reminder nearer the time. Brain like Swiss cheese. Bound to forget otherwise.

How's about getting the meat in and I bung you a tenner (typical Portsmouth chat up line). Don't fancy riding to Newbury (not too far I know) with a rucksack full of meat. Could you imagine the mess if I fell off. It would look like carnage! :lol: :lol: :lol:

annie
01-05-05, 04:31 PM
Hi Big Ape

Me and Mr Annie would like to come. Can we have an address please.
Ta :D

Ceri JC
16-05-05, 03:34 PM
I'm up for this, sounds like great fun. Erm, Bigape, don't think I've met you, but I know a few of the others. :)

Re: Sleeping space. Is there space in the garden to pitch a (v. small) tent? Failing that, floor is fine.

Please can you PM me address? Ta.

Grinch
20-05-05, 09:25 PM
Me and Mrs Grinch would like to attend, just need to arange some sort of baby sitter.

rictus01
06-06-05, 08:09 PM
Sofa booked :wink:

Cheers Mark.

Stig
06-06-05, 08:59 PM
I would just like to update everyone on the sleeping arrangements so far.

All the comfy options have now been nabbed. I think I already mentioned that I have a rather big front room that is a hard wood floor, if you are thinking of sleeping on that, I would suggest a roll mat and sleeping bag.

I know that a few have suggested a tent in the garden. Well the garden is somewhat small, but I do have a large area of grass at the side of the house, that could be used.

I have a tent that can sleep three, although it would be cosy. :lol: And I have three sleeping bags.

Hope this is of help to some of you :)

Viney
06-06-05, 09:21 PM
Aw...Newbury is a stone's throw for me....BUT I will be away on a hen weekend in Woolacombe Nth Devon. Sorry no can do!

Ah, The red barn :D

Im still a maybe Si :D

hall13uk
06-06-05, 09:40 PM
grrrr thats right dont come to my bbq

lynw
06-06-05, 09:49 PM

:?: :shock: :?

oh and btw... what are you doing on the 12th? you have posted you may give the bmf in paddock wood a go and you have a thread saying youre going to boxhill? doing one or t'other or both? :?: :?

hall13uk
06-06-05, 09:52 PM

:?: :shock: :?

oh and btw... what are you doing on the 12th? you have posted you may give the bmf in paddock wood a go and you have a thread saying youre going to boxhill? doing one or t'other or both? :?: :?

no one answered to the boxhill thread & i thought it beast not to do another post about it :-# . So as bmf is only down the road i thought i may well go there instead.
As i said i MAY pop down to bmf 'not i will' of course if someone reply's to the boxhill thread i will go there, thats why i said i MAY pop down to bmf cos it was not deffo. is that ok

lynw
06-06-05, 10:40 PM
no one answered to the boxhill thread & i thought it beast not to do another post about it :-# . So as bmf is only down the road i thought i may well go there instead.
As i said i MAY pop down to bmf 'not i will' of course if someone reply's to the boxhill thread i will go there, thats why i said i MAY pop down to bmf cos it was not deffo. is that ok

clear as mud :P :lol: :lol: :lol: just confused why you kind of seemed to be posting to be in 2 places at once... :D

pete m
09-06-05, 01:49 PM
have bike will travel to the big ape bbq :wink:

Last Action Pimp
20-06-05, 08:29 PM
i might, but i will have to see what i am up to.

Carsick
20-06-05, 08:36 PM
I'm definitely up for this, though my arrangements are very fluid at the moment.
Hopefully will be able to attend.

Baldyman
27-06-05, 04:25 PM
Joy and I would love to come over, PM me with your addy
(we'll get any food/beer req's at your local supermarket).

cheers

Leigh

Stig
29-06-05, 06:26 PM
Due to the amout of positive responses to my BBQ I thought I had better go out and get a more suitable BBQ for the event. Otherwise I think there would have been a queue all the way up the road. :( :(

I have now purchased and tonight tested my new BBQ. It works great. Once I realised why it was taking so long for the food to cook. Gas set on minimum :oops: :oops:

So look forward to seeing everyone on the 16th.

THAT'S IN TWO WEEKENDS TIME. :thumbsup:

falc
03-07-05, 09:12 PM
Oo just remembered about this.

Got an address I can tap into multimap? BBQ food will always attract me :D

Stig
11-07-05, 07:59 PM
B U M P

This weekend peeps :!:

hall13uk
11-07-05, 09:04 PM
B U M P

This weekend peeps :!: 8) i might come along if thats ok. not sure yet though i was supposed to be meeting my friend but i think has to work now

Stig
11-07-05, 09:08 PM
If anyone needs my address, pm me.

Ceri JC
13-07-05, 01:41 PM
I hadn't forgotten about this (been written in my calendar for months), but I'm going to have to miss it as something has come up and I need to go back to Wales this weekend. :(

Sorry to cancel this near to the date and I hope you all have a cracking time. Hopefully I'll make it to next year's one.

This post is BASAT compliant.

Baldyman
13-07-05, 09:36 PM
Joy and I will definitely be there.

Don't happen to have a chain splitter tool I could borrow do you?

Stig
14-07-05, 05:57 AM
Chain splitter, not a problem it's called a dremel and I use it everytime :thumbsup:

21QUEST
14-07-05, 10:16 PM
Yep.. Almost definite we are are going to make it. I might be in the car so I'll have somewhere to keep if I happen to pick up the wrong glass :roll: :? :) .

..and please no mirrors around me. Don't get along with those things :wink: .

Cheers
Ben

Anonymous
14-07-05, 10:17 PM
Hang on, what date is this? I thought I had missed it :?

jonboy
14-07-05, 10:21 PM
It's this Saturday - be there or be square! :lol:

Anonymous
14-07-05, 10:26 PM
It's this Saturday - be there or be square! :lol:

Damn.

http://lachlan.bluehaze.com.au/london2002/march2003/18mar2003b/mvc-021f.jpg

AlanSv
15-07-05, 10:15 AM
I was originally planning to be out of the country when this first came around, but now I'm free, so I'll probably be coming with the wife and youngling in tow.

nickj
15-07-05, 04:42 PM
I have now purchased and tonight tested my new BBQ. It works great. Once I realised why it was taking so long for the food to cook. Gas set on minimum :oops: :oops:

:

That's not a barbie then that's a grill that works outside :wink:

Get yourself a coal one m8, you can't beat the real thing :lol: :lol:

Stig
15-07-05, 04:51 PM
Well I thought about buying a conventional one but then thought I would probably need a shed load of coals, as if tomorrow is anything like last year people will be turning up all through the afternoon. At least this way I can just turn it on and off as and when required. :wink:

nickj
15-07-05, 05:03 PM
Well I thought about buying a conventional one but then thought I would probably need a shed load of coals, as if tomorrow is anything like last year people will be turning up all through the afternoon. At least this way I can just turn it on and off as and when required. :wink:

aah ok your forgiven,

Last time i went to a barbie though, my m8 had a gas one but was using some chips things that tried to make it smell and taste like it's been cooked on coal!!

Kept thinking just buy a real one and keep your george foreman for indoors :lol: :lol: :lol:

Baldyman
17-07-05, 07:31 AM
Good food
Good drink
Good company.............

Good weather.....................

Good trip to and from Simon and Jo's.......................

Thanks and....bye!! :)

Stig
17-07-05, 10:57 AM
Thanks all for those turned up. It was a great evening spent with some great people.

Ben, believe it or not, is still asleep on the floor in the front room. He's missed the cooked breakfast and the 1st race of the superbikes.

I guess he may have had a sherbert or two too many. :lol: :lol: :lol:

jonboy
17-07-05, 12:07 PM
Great barbie, great company, great weather. Oh and Ben's sleeping/coma is seriously impressive, nothing and I mean nothing could wake him :lol: .

falc
17-07-05, 12:45 PM
Yer thanks for the BBQ Ape, was good to put some faces to some names :D

Nice to meet everyone there :thumbsup:

Rob S (Yella)
17-07-05, 06:48 PM
Sorry I missed it, :(
But had a big family type BBQ event, I will let you lot guess what BBQ I would have liked to have been at.

BigDog
17-07-05, 07:01 PM
Had a good time Bro, Cheers. It was good to meet some of the guys finally.
I would just like to know how Jo got my Mrs to wear a dress, been trying that for the last eight years :?

Anyway thanx again :wink:

AlanSv
18-07-05, 12:22 PM
Si, thanks for bbq, Jack was a sleep before we got halfway home.

Glad to see so many familiar faces with/without bikes, sounds like the party carried on long after we went.

thanks again.

DeeJay
18-07-05, 01:21 PM
I went to bed around 01:30, Ape, Rictus and Quest went to bed around 02:30...

Had a blast cheers Simon!!!

Next year, can you move a little closer to London though?? :wink:

21QUEST
18-07-05, 10:01 PM
Thanks Si(and Jo) for a brilliant day. Really enjoyed it. Enjoyed company of everyone .

Ben, believe it or not, is still asleep on the floor in the front room. He's missed the cooked breakfast and the 1st race of the superbikes.

I guess he may have had a sherbert or two too many. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like :lol: :lol:

Great barbie, great company, great weather. Oh and Ben's sleeping/coma is seriously impressive, nothing and I mean nothing could wake him :lol: .

Well you guys must have been tip-toeing about :wink: and to think Mark was worried about him disturbing me if he had to wake up due to his injured foot :lol:. Didn't snore though , right?

Cheers
Ben

pete m
18-07-05, 10:05 PM
Simon - really sorry i didnt make it bro , sounds like you had a merry time ...

there was a choice, biking to Newbury or walking down the road for a riotous party.... :lol:

DeeJay
19-07-05, 08:22 AM
Well you guys must have been tip-toeing about :wink: and to think Mark was worried about him disturbing me if he had to wake up due to his injured foot :lol:. Didn't snore though , right?

Cheers
Ben

Quite the opposite Ben.. we ha the TV on adn the Kids playing right beside you, Greg even wiggled your feet and you didn't move... we had to check you were still breathing at one point :lol: :wink: