PDA

View Full Version : Let's go round again...?

BillyC
22-04-05, 08:26 AM
In simple terms, I think everyone (nearly) enjoyed the SELKent rideout at the beginning of April... and I was thinking about putting another route together :lol:

We're heading right into the depths of Spring and early Summer now, and I for one would like to make the most of it. :riding:

So... suggestions for roads to include in the route.
Did everyone like meeting at the Oakdene?
Do you think that Rye definitely should be a waypoint?
Suggestions of places to stop for refreshment?

I think a bit more emphasis on the north and East of Kent, as we have a few members at the extremes. Plus there are some really fantastic roads over there - but I don't know which ones! :?

lynw
22-04-05, 09:54 AM
was certainly looking to do the a28/b2068? ashford to canterbury to margate with some of the guys from deepest darkest kent at some point... :D

could use my place as a meeting point and go from there.... a28 going the other way to hastings is also a pretty good road...

Jdubya
22-04-05, 10:36 AM
Sounds good...could start at somewhere near the Dartford/Medway area and work the route via the east of kent(Canterbury, Ramsgate) to rye and then north to Oakies :?: Just a suggestion :wink:

Itching 2 go
22-04-05, 10:45 AM
would consider bringing the bros out of retirement for this as it actually has a decent gearbox :lol:

BillyC
22-04-05, 10:50 AM
Sounds good...could start at somewhere near the Dartford/Medway area and work the route via the east of kent(Canterbury, Ramsgate) to rye and then north to Oakies :?: Just a suggestion :wink:

I think a start, and finish, at the Oakdene wouldn't be a disaster, not with a bacon sarnie thrown in at least! :lol:

Something along the lines of: meet at the Oakdene, then take the long way to Rye, have lunch, then back to the Oakdene. :?:

Viney
22-04-05, 10:51 AM
would consider bringing the bros out of retirement for this as it actually has a decent gearbox :lol:

For now!

Itching 2 go
22-04-05, 10:58 AM

For now!THE GEAR BOX IS SWEET ITS THE CAM CHAINS I WORRY ABOUT :shock:

siz 4 caps

helen
22-04-05, 12:33 PM
sounds sooper

svsk2
22-04-05, 03:27 PM
Sounds good to me. When you thinking of?

sexysi
22-04-05, 03:41 PM
I might actually come to one of these this year, depending when it is!
sexysi

Itching 2 go
22-04-05, 03:41 PM
how about the may bank holiday?

Itching 2 go
22-04-05, 03:42 PM
'If word gets out that I'm missing,
500 girls will kill themselves and
I wouldn't want them on my conscience - not when they ought to be on my face!'nice 'U' rating si :wink:

sexysi
22-04-05, 03:45 PM
Funny, this is the wording from the Black Adder program as well, Can't remember if the vid is rated as a 12 :shock:
sexysi

Itching 2 go
22-04-05, 03:47 PM
Funny, this is the wording from the Black Adder program as well, Can't remember if the vid is rated as a 12 :shock:
sexysiin this day and age it will either be a 'U' or an '18' :roll:

coombest
22-04-05, 05:42 PM
how about the may bank holiday?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

That's BSB raceday at Oulton Park and I'm going. Chutz is coming too!
I would really like to come out to play and I would imagine Ian might be up for it too! :D

chutz
23-04-05, 09:24 AM
As Tim says the mayday weekend is out for me. I would like to come along though so if it's a different weekend I'll do my best. I would also like to suggest the road between Rye and Lydd as that is a cracker on a bike. :lol:

coombest
23-04-05, 11:02 AM
I would also like to suggest the road between Rye and Lydd as that is a cracker on a bike. :lol:

No, no, no!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/acmtim/cracker_on_bike.jpg

THAT'S a cracker on a bike!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jdubya
23-04-05, 11:31 AM
As Tim says the mayday weekend is out for me. I would like to come along though so if it's a different weekend I'll do my best. I would also like to suggest the road between Rye and Lydd as that is a cracker on a bike. :lol:

I would echo this :thumbsup: ...perhaps it is time make that trip into the darker nether regions of Kent... 8) 8) :D

lynw
23-04-05, 01:31 PM
hmmmm put the b2068 canterbury to newing green in, then newing green down through to the marsh to pick up the road to lydd and then to camber and rye...

just a thought... now that would be a cracking run.. :D

Jdubya
23-04-05, 01:51 PM
hmmmm put the b2068 canterbury to newing green in, then newing green down through to the marsh to pick up the road to lydd and then to camber and rye...

just a thought... now that would be a cracking run.. :D

Mmmm! I agree...may just try that later this week when it stops raining... :? :? :roll:

lynw
23-04-05, 02:11 PM
gimme a shout... im still off work at the moment so wouldnt mind doing that run with someone...... :D

Jdubya
23-04-05, 02:22 PM
Will do... :)

chutz
25-04-05, 07:56 AM
I would also like to suggest the road between Rye and Lydd as that is a cracker on a bike. :lol:

No, no, no!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/acmtim/cracker_on_bike.jpg

THAT'S a cracker on a bike!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tim you are a silly a**e !!!! You really do need to get out more dude 8) :lol: :wink:

BillyC
25-04-05, 08:00 AM
I think Mayday, ie: next weekend, is a little too soon to rally everyone together, plan a route, arrange people to be leaders, back markers, corner markers etc. (Yes I'd like to make a better effort of this one).

So... what about the bank holiday weekend at the end of May?

Also... more suggestions on roads please.

Treacle
25-04-05, 05:17 PM
Billy how about something via Brilling Gap again. Nice little place for a stop off and I will be a marker/camara man if you like. :D

BillyC
25-04-05, 09:31 PM
Billy how about something via Brilling Gap again. Nice little place for a stop off and I will be a marker/camara man if you like. :D

You know, I have that picture as the background on my computer - fantastic day, a great run, some great memories! All the bikes lined up along Birling Gap - very cool.

So.. I like your style Matt... let's see what we can sort out!

Iansv
25-04-05, 09:34 PM
yep, that was a good run/day out, even tho I crashed the week after...... :(

coombest
26-04-05, 10:16 AM
Was indeed a good day out...

And one where I had my SV in it's original shape. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

sexysi
26-04-05, 10:42 AM
We could do an early start one go to Birling gap and then make our way alone the cost to Rye, Good excuse to show the bikes off and frighten little kids with our BIG BIG cans.
sexysi

helen
26-04-05, 11:34 AM
Yes, I seem to recall Tim parading around with his legs out at Birling Gap. It beat all the sea views!

BillyC
26-04-05, 12:55 PM
Yes, I seem to recall Tim parading around with his legs out at Birling Gap. It beat all the sea views!

Yes... let me make clear that Tim's legs in his bike boots is not the picture on my computer's desktop!

It was a funny site though! :lol:

lynw
26-04-05, 04:49 PM
wheres Birling gap??

hmmmmm thinking about broadstairs for a trip one weekend for those of us down darkest kent way.... the long way round of course :D

coombest
27-04-05, 09:51 AM

Yes... let me make clear that Tim's legs in his bike boots is not the picture on my computer's desktop!

It was a funny site though! :lol:

Thanks very much Helen! :roll: :evil: :x

And as for you Bill - I am shocked. Positively shocked!

I thought you liked my legs!! :lol:

sexysi
27-04-05, 10:20 AM
I've seen your legs early in the morning sticking outside of a tent at Mallory, not a pretty sight. I think I have a pick somewhere :shock:
sexysi

BillyC
27-04-05, 10:28 AM
Lyn,

Birling Gap is just West of Eastbourne... effectively it's a small gap in the Seven Sisters, with a pub, carpark, and a great view.

It is however quite a long way off a "Kent" route. It would be another 40 miles just to get to Rye from there.

The road you suggest appears to be 12 miles of straight, and 2 miles with a few bends... am I looking at the right one? It doesn't look like satisfying SV territory.

magic.7
27-04-05, 06:44 PM
Based on the suggestions made so far may I be so bold as to suggest a route starting at the Oakdean Cafe then going to Ogri's Cafe in Horam and from there to Lydd.
Here is a link to some info on Orgi's cafe from the Boxhill crew :-

[url]http://www.boxhill.co.uk/information/runs.htm

Its a bit more swish than the Cafe in Rye but there is less room to park.
For those in the North of Kent you could get back on the M20 to the Oakdean Cafe with a total mileage of around 120.
Autoroute says about 2 and a half hours so if you add in talk time that will be an all day outing then.

If you like the sound of the route let me know and I will mail the Autoroute file to Billy C.

jambo
28-04-05, 09:06 AM
Sure I'd be up for this. Am happy to help mashal if needed given my weaknesses:

I won't know the route though I can map read
I'm not fast enough to hack up all the way to the front of the back from the back.

Itching 2 go
28-04-05, 09:09 AM
Sure I'd be up for this. Am happy to help mashal if needed I would offer to marshal too, so long as my lack of second gear doesnt affect things( it didn't seem to hold me up too much on the last ride out) I should be able to run up the front if I know the route. any good to you?

Would we need to wear fluro jkts to be noticed :lol: ?

BillyC
28-04-05, 09:37 AM
Based on the suggestions made so far may I be so bold as to suggest a route starting at the Oakdean Cafe then going to Ogri's Cafe in Horam and from there to Lydd.
Here is a link to some info on Orgi's cafe from the Boxhill crew :-

[url]http://www.boxhill.co.uk/information/runs.htm

Its a bit more swish than the Cafe in Rye but there is less room to park.
For those in the North of Kent you could get back on the M20 to the Oakdean Cafe with a total mileage of around 120.
Autoroute says about 2 and a half hours so if you add in talk time that will be an all day outing then.

If you like the sound of the route let me know and I will mail the Autoroute file to Billy C.

Magic,

By all means email me the Autoroute file and I'll take a look at it. We all know Wessons very well, and have met there on a number of occasions - certainly true for me anyway, as it used to be my "local" bike cafe.

It's a good route, but it's basically what we did last time, but in reverse. I think I need to have a good long thing about this route, but if we're going to keep it mainly in Kent, then I need good accurate suggestions from people who actually know the roads around there... cos I don't :oops:

Failing that, I could happily draw up a cracking route along the coast, incorporating Birling Gap and the 6 Bells (a better stop than Wessons!).

Itching 2 go
28-04-05, 09:37 AM
Sure I'd be up for this. Am happy to help mashal if needed I would offer to marshal too, so long as my lack of second gear doesnt affect things( it didn't seem to hold me up too much on the last ride out) I should be able to run up the front if I know the route. any good to you?

Would we need to wear fluro jkts to be noticed :lol: ?

How about you go on your Bros, that should get you noticed :lol: :wink:

Might come along on this one, Just to laf at joe

L :roll:

sexysi
28-04-05, 10:02 AM
I know most of the roads in Kent so can go up front or at the back, don't really care. From the Oakdene you can go down 7 mile lane that will take you to Yalding. Then across to linton cross roads and then onto sutton Valence, then onto Headcorn, Tenterden and then onto Rye. This was very similar to the first rideout we did in kent. Not sure where this other cafe is but i could bring a Autoroute map of what I have just said above, down to the next Selkent meet. Or you lot could tell me to bugger off :wink:
sexysi

BillyC
28-04-05, 10:04 AM
Sutton Valence doesn't get us very far over... but I suppose there's nothing stopping us going beyond that!

Send the Autoroute files over Si... always interesting to see.

sexysi
28-04-05, 10:10 AM
When you say far over which way, you mean you want to go further over towards canterbury? Margate etc? I suppose you could go via the North Downs way/old A20 etc over to the A252 towards Chilham and then canterbury then onto where ever Margate!, Dover.
Can't send anything over until; I get home, In Wokingham at the moment on an Exchange course.
sexysi

Itching 2 go
28-04-05, 10:14 AM
When you say far over which way, you mean you want to go further over towards canterbury? Margate etc? sexysi

I think a bit more emphasis on the north and East of Kent, as we have a few members at the extremes. Plus there are some really fantastic roads over there - but I don't know which ones!
some where around there I think

sexysi
28-04-05, 10:20 AM
I know the North downs road is fun, with loads of pubs on the way and the Charing to Chilham road is a good one. Then the a257 from canterbury to sandwich. A north kent ride would be great.
sexysi

lynw
01-05-05, 04:42 PM
just come back from a run outside ashford.... omg you are so right about the chilham - charing road Sexysi [a252 I believe]. Blinding road.... :D

I didnt go all the way to charing, I turned off on the a251... omg thats blinding as well... just ridden down roads which are combinations of lots of twisties with a few straights, very little traffic and surrounded by woods which are carpeted with bluebells.

forgotten how beautiful the kent countryside was.... and yes I do have the biggest grin on my face right now.... :D