PDA

View Full Version : Hung over.....

jambo
22-04-05, 09:07 AM
This is the most hung over I have been in some time, the train trip in was "interesting" and the walk down the platform was mainly me conerntrating hard on not beng sick and getting my legs not to give out under me.

I got in and the phones went nuts....

Thankfully one of my workmates took pity and took my money to get a full english breakfast, still not happy but much better....

So Hang over cures?

Sudoxe
22-04-05, 09:08 AM
drink lots of water the night before :D

Viney
22-04-05, 09:09 AM
Option 4, stay drunk :D

fizzwheel
22-04-05, 09:10 AM
Fried breakfast with a good strong cup of tea

Kate
22-04-05, 09:15 AM
junk food.

Seriously, orange juice. Hangovers are usually caused by dehydration and lack of vitamin c. drink water and fruit juice.

'course, hair of the dog really does work - go get a pint. If you can keep it down, it really will make you feel better. That I can vouch for!

Carsick
22-04-05, 09:16 AM
Sex.
It's the last thing you actually feel like doing, but it does help.

thor
22-04-05, 09:16 AM
Orange juice also works beacsue it has salt and sugar which your body will need due to dehydration.

And some aspirin....

Kate
22-04-05, 09:18 AM
Orange juice also works beacsue it has salt and sugar which your body will need due to dehydration.

And some aspirin....
That makes more sense!

I would say plenty of aspirin.

diamond
22-04-05, 09:18 AM
Sex.

If your already at work this may cause a few stares and giggles from work mates not to mention a stampede towards the door as you choose your partner for helping you with this cure.

Just have a big fry up a bottle of water and a quick kip, thats what i do every morning. :lol:

Captain Nemo
22-04-05, 09:23 AM
fresh air,

i usually find asprin makes me hurl, which in itself makes you feel better surprisingly,

Mcd 's sauage and egg mcmuffin work well

i also find if you can be bothered ( and have the spare capacity) that if you drink 2 pints of water on your return from t'pub this almost guarantees a hangover free awakening.

of course last night i went to the local had 4 pints of wifebeater and no water, me head feels like ive been smacked with a shovel.

yea yea yea lightweight i know...

RenamedMonkey
22-04-05, 09:25 AM
Full English Breakfast does wonders, try and grill as much of it as possible though.

And as said above, water the night before and orange juice in the morning really helps: In fact I'd go as far to say it saves your day.

Carsick
22-04-05, 09:27 AM
Ok, so basically, when you wake up, have sex, follow that by a beer and aspirin, hurl, then orange juice and a fry up.
I also recommend vitamin b and ibuprofen.

I have to be honest, though, I just don't get out of bed when I'm hungover. Sod it, the world can wait, my head hurts.

Iansv
22-04-05, 09:31 AM
Gotta be lots of water after drinking and a fry up or junk food the morning after... even tho you may hurl...

luckily I don't suffer hangovers 8)

jambo
22-04-05, 09:32 AM
Sex.
:winner:

But The only woman working here is upstairs and married.....
None the less have tried this before and can vouch for it, it just wan't on the cards this morning :lol:

Feeling much better after the full brekkie and cup of tea, am working my way through the Pow Wow water machine too 8)

Carsick
22-04-05, 09:32 AM
luckily I don't suffer hangovers 8)
Git!

SVeeedy Gonzales
22-04-05, 09:38 AM
Lots of water... ginger biscuits... some people swear by those "berocca" fizzy vitamin tablets the next morning, though I tried that and it wasn't as amazing as I thought it would be... quite drinkable though!

sharriso74
22-04-05, 09:46 AM
Always works for me an apple, carrot and ginger smoothy from a stall near my office.

jambo
22-04-05, 09:46 AM
Fancy coming out on the p*ss with me soon, Jambo? You, me, Benji and Joe?

Definatly, sounds like a good plan to me, or at least a plan... :lol:

Was on the Lager last night and forgot to have supper first so I think the unlined stomoch might have something to do with the way I'm feeling...

SVSilver
22-04-05, 09:49 AM
You need sugar! Buy yourself a few lucozades drink them throughout the day with loads of water! Also chocolate is good believe or not!

Usually works for me :wink:

Bud
22-04-05, 01:16 PM
Sex.
:winner:

But The only woman working here is upstairs and married.....
Who needs a woman? You'll an unrestricted internet connection, one hand to control the mouse and the other hand...

Bud
22-04-05, 06:10 PM
Did anyone else just see the size of that f**king tumbleweed?! :shock:

I thought it was hilarious - but then I wrote it.

Also, I never knew tumbleweeds reproduced that way...