PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki Owners Club May Meet. Sunday 1st May.

Banjo
26-04-05, 01:03 PM
Due to The Hinton Arms not wanting us anymore we are currently homeless as regards a permanent venue at the moment.

We have arranged for this Sundays meet to be at The Crown @ Cholderton, just the other side of Thruxton. It's a nice little pub that is biker friendly.

I plan to leave from outside Paragon in Gosport at 11:30 at the latest. It is about sixty miles the short way (M27, M3, A34, A303) and should take less than an hour door to door.

The only thing that could slow us down is the British Touring Cars who are racing at Thruxton that day.

Interested?

RenamedMonkey
26-04-05, 01:43 PM
Stickified :wink:

Carsick
26-04-05, 02:34 PM
I'd go but I have to be near Dorchester by 12:30.

Banjo
26-04-05, 03:52 PM

I'm getting used to this now! Dates, times, places - All important to get it nice and sticky :lol:

Scoobs
26-04-05, 07:11 PM
Can't make it this time Banjo. It's Scoobs Junior's birthday.

What happened with the Hinton Arms??? I'm sure that is good business they have turned away there.

Grinch
27-04-05, 07:35 AM
Might well be there.. though probably in the motor.

Banjo
27-04-05, 07:49 AM
Can't make it this time Banjo. It's Scoobs Junior's birthday.

What happened with the Hinton Arms??? I'm sure that is good business they have turned away there.

The landlord told us that his takings were down on the days we were there, once a month!

We can't complain really he did take us in at short notice and was very good to us, we just need to source a new venue, somewhere out in the sticks would be nice.

Grinch
27-04-05, 07:53 AM
Need to find somewhere that the takings are already down and us turing up makes them a proffit...

RenamedMonkey
27-04-05, 08:58 AM

I'm getting used to this now! Dates, times, places - All important to get it nice and sticky :lol:

Like a good cake before it's baked! :D

Grinch
27-04-05, 09:11 AM
Don't know if you are still looking for a place but a Jax has spoken to a old friend of her's who runs the Red Lion in Horndean who'd be happy to have the SOC there. They have a large parking area, bar food, plus a room called the Den that he'd let use use for nowt, and a childerns area.
I've put a note of the SOC website, but I don't have Tiny's number to call him . But I do need to pop over at some point to get some tire seal so I might just mention it.

Scoobs
27-04-05, 12:45 PM
Nice one "G".

Shame about the Hinton arms though. It was a nice ride to get there.

Grinch
27-04-05, 01:07 PM
I'm sure I can find some nice roads round to there... :wink:

Banjo
27-04-05, 02:34 PM
Always a possibility, even if it is just a temporary meet. PM Tiny to let him know.

Stig
27-04-05, 08:49 PM
Is this a rideout that's proposed or just a meeting :?: Thought I might come say hello :wink: :)

Grinch
28-04-05, 09:14 AM
Is this a rideout that's proposed or just a meeting :?: Thought I might come say hello :wink: :)

I think its just a meet at a local pub, though there is some time a ride organised before hand. But nothing offical, depends on the weather and the chairman (Tiny).

Scoobs
28-04-05, 01:50 PM

Aw no! Count me out if the Ape is coming!

Only joking :lol: :lol:

Stig
28-04-05, 06:35 PM
No bother, I have decided to do the annual rideout route instead. Weather is deemed to be a scorcher :twisted: :twisted:

Scoobs
29-04-05, 07:05 AM
No bother, I have decided to do the annual rideout route instead. Weather is deemed to be a scorcher :twisted: :twisted:

Bit of secret training huh? Cheat! :lol:

Grinch
29-04-05, 09:37 AM
Looks like me and Jax may well be there.. :D
Maybe even on the bikes.. :wink:

Grinch
29-04-05, 12:11 PM
So who from here looks like there going? We'll be leaving from our gaff about 11:30ish.

Banjo
29-04-05, 03:48 PM

Aw no! Count me out if the Ape is coming!

Only joking :lol: :lol:

He will not be attending as he is down in point head land getting our new marquee

Banjo
29-04-05, 03:50 PM
So who from here looks like there going? We'll be leaving from our gaff about 11:30ish.

Looking at leaving Gosport 11:30 so should be at Jct 11 about 11:45, could always meet up in the lay by just before the turn onto the M27.

Scoobs
01-05-05, 07:36 AM
Have fun peeps.

Stig
01-05-05, 05:52 PM
Just got back from the annual rideout route. Phew! there is fun to be had there that's for sure. Hopefully the cages wont ruin it.

Grinch
03-05-05, 07:58 AM
Sorry didn't manage to get down as we didn't get nipper to the sitter till 12:30, but we did get out for a ride. So I think Jax had some fun, including being chased by a Busa that she just wouldn't let past.

Banjo
03-05-05, 08:07 AM
It was a good turn out considering the distance for some, about twenty of us which made the landlord happy.

He even opened up again when a couple of lads turned up late, may become a regular place to visit.